Strong & Sensible

SB PHA3 (TS one set) and ab stacker done- I like it. SB IMAX looks good. I'll save SS for a steady state cardio day. I'm happy for these workouts.
Answering own question, Strong & Sensible 2020?
Lisa, how many days at Disney? DD and I will probably re up our passes. Maybe we can ride Space Mountain together! Speaking of parks, I will get my dad a ticket and go to Epcot together for gift. Congrats on continued success with diet, I'm floundering a bit at the moment, but overall doing OK.
Waves~~
ps $40 pr of Zenni's has thin, anti reflective, blue blocking and photochromic lenses. I'm just floored and pleased. I did get 20% off on my total order, but no way could I have gotten all those features at my optometrist or even Target or Walmart.

PSS to add Sunday workout- SB IMAX 4 first half plus abs 2. Winner! It was fun in that it incorporated a little choreography that is potentially tricky but also familiar and just a small component of each segment. I've enjoyed the abs as well.

Last edited:
Quick post to wish everyone a merry Christmas before all the craziness starts! We rode outside over the weekend, suki loved it, she missed it so much. Today I did the peloton, wowzers! I really suck, a fellow catheter , Shana, smoked my butt!

Jody, 5 days, no space mountain for my neck, boo hoo! I’m really getting into this IF and keto. Found some peloton/keto groups for inspiration and found a carb counter app where I’m actually logging foods, I’ve never done that! Oh, I also joined a Peloton challenge the first half of January. I’m on a team of four. Dang I love this Christmas gift!

Thanks Mary!
Lisa, I'm a little jelly/ feeling competitive about the wt loss etc. While I am happy for you, my personal goal is (as dd states) World Keto Domination, hahaha. Super happy for you on the Peleton, too! You deserve it and I bet you will get great use from it! Woop woop!
I did BM2 today and SB IMAX4 and PHA2 mash ups on Mon Tues. I'm working 25th, we'll have a Boxing Day xmas (don't really remember what that means but that is my day off so I'm going for it.).
Happy Christmas and safe travels to all who are traveling or have kiddos doing so (mine is on the road tonight).
PS Lisa I use Cronometer, which app do you use for carbs? Cronometer is pretty deep and imports my fitbit data, but just logging carbs might be a good idea for back up. Also, we don't have to do Space Mtn! You will have an awesome trip!
xoxoxoxox to all!!

Did everyone survive Christmas? I feel like a kid at Christmas with so many new toys! Been killing myself on the peloton, it’s harder than cycling! Quilt frame is almost together, been at it for 4 days! It’s so big!
Jody, I hope my weight loss is more inspiration for you! I’m finally to my cathe road trip weight, I’m shooting for another 10 lbs then I’ll be close enough to my lowest cathe weight. I’m getting used to IF (though my power sucks on the peloton in a fasted state, ie fasting for 20 hrs then riding). I’m making the Disney plans and we plan only 1 sit down meal a day, it’ll be easy to just do the one meal a day since I’m fasting now. Have you rode expedition Everest? I’m trying to decide if it’s too much for my neck. I know space mountain and big thunder is too much. I think splash mountain should be fine. I’ve never rode expedition Everest or seven dwarfs mine train, any thoughts? I’m using the Carb Manager app.

Hello Friends! Did we make a new thread? I didn't notice one, but I will create one next time ~ I did Intensity, mostly the step parts. I do like that one! Lisa, with your issues, I don't know if any coaster would be worth the risk. I like both of those rides. Seven usually has a long line so I fast pass it or catch it during parade. Everest can be had especially single rider line at the end of the night with a walk on, I like both of them. But is anything worth risking messing up your surgery?
Off to bed, I'm probably in NICU tomorrow, keeping me on my toes!

So what do you all think of simply renaming our thread as in I've removed the date?
Let me know or make a new thread if desired!
I'm thinking of Cathe on Demand subscript but not sure if I benefit from all that choice, I'd likely get lost in a quagmire of procrastination. But I do like to cherry pick my sections of dvd's. Yesterday I did SB PHA3, just the first half. I should do a bike ride today, it is clear weather and should be warm up to 70 plus soon, but for now, brrr in the 60s.
How are your 2020's going so far?
PS, I gave away my mini-tramp!

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Happy New Year!

Jody - I'm happy to stick with renamed thread. Sounds like you've been getting in the workouts again. So do you like the new series? I decided not to bother as I don't think I'm as keen on step as I used to be. It would be cool if you and Lisa met up at Disney! I can't believe you gave away your mini tramp - how are you going to budget?! :p

First day back at work today. I've had three weeks off which has been bliss. Had a nice time with the family and also been out to see a few people. We had a great NYE with friends and stayed out till 2am!! I've squeezed the odd workout in here and there but back on the wagon today.
My big news is I've got a new job. I'm going back to full time employment as of next Monday. Not sure how I'll fit the workouts in but I'll make it work. Looking forward to having colleagues again and getting out of the house.

Quick fly by......I bet I’ve been the one killing the workouts! I’m in a Peloton challenge now so riding everyday. And then on the rare nice day I have to ride outside with dh and suki, talk about being beat some days! Diet and fasting going well and weight falling off, 19 lbs down since nov 1, 8 to go to goal.

Ronne, wow, how much of a commute?

Jody, thread name change is perfect.

Dh and I have been playing with our Christmas haul. Finally got my new quilting set up (frame/machine) done. Of course getting stronger and leaner on peloton and keto/if. Dh got a computer set up for gaming. Now we gotta pay the bills, ugh , then on a money diet!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

Lisa, don’t go on roller coasters! After all you’ve been through! I’m so glad you are enjoying the peloton!

Ronne, congratulations on the job! Monday through Friday??

Jody, DD just went to Florida today to visit a friend, in the Sarasota area. Is that by you??

Hi Tracey!

Have been with the kids, working out. Visiting the dentist, got an infection under my crown, have to get it pulled on Thursday. Not excited about that! Last tooth though, so it shouldn’t give me trouble. Hope everyone is well! Mary

Hi all

Lisa - that's amazing! You should feel justifiably proud of yourself. It's not that far actually to my new job, I can walk and get a bus. 30 mins door to door I reckon. I'll be getting some fresh air everyday at least.

Mary - sorry to hear about your teeth. That's horrible, I hate dental stuff. Yes, it's Mon-Fri. I'll be an office drone!!

Wrapping things up on my freelance life at the moment and fitting in daytime workouts while I still can! I've been doing a few RWH workouts: BBS, LB circuit today.
The damp people are coming tomorrow to start sorting out our walls at last. Such a relief!

Good to see you and happy we are still together! I must re ignite my self care- must not let Lisa beat me! LOL!

Mary, DD is on the Gulf, opposite coast, south of where I grew up, so not very close. I hope she has a great trip! Also sorry about dental and sending happy healthy positive outcomes your way.

Ronne, that will be a relief to have home issue resolved. LOL at office drone! Congrats on new situation and best of luck keeping up with workouts, when do you think you will fit them in and do you have a plan? I'm so haphazard.

Lisa, I'm using my competitive feelings to get revved up! Dammit I wish I could keep my shit together. Money diet is good plan, but you guys are really going to be enjoying all those toys so that is nice at least. LOL I love my two Roombas.

Yes, I did get rid of my mini tramp and freed up some patio clutter. Ideally I'd throw some veg seeds in the planters. I've enjoyed the SB workouts - and also the older step containing workouts lately. I've done part of Intensity again and ?? not sure! Waves to Tracy and all~~~

Hi girls! So, went for a short ride outside yesterday, that’ll be it for awhile. Peloton every. Single. Day. I feel it wasn’t for this challenge I’m in I would take a rest day, my body is tired! I did stretching to help my poor body and a core workout from the peloton floor work. Ouch! My core, worked something in there that hasn’t been worked for quite a while, soreness kept me up! Weight loss has stalled his last week, I really think it’s my sore muscles holding onto water. Diet has been good, found this pasta substitute call palmini (made from hearts of palm) it’s not bad! A substitute I can make! Then the keto world raves about chaffles.....omg, easy to make and yummy! I hope I can make this work for the long term! I think I can! I feel better, my nagging knee ache is gone, even with all the cycling., hmmmmmm

Jody, lol! I love it when I inspire someone! I had a couple of GFs over before we went to see the Monet exhibit, made them a keto dinner with dessert, they loved it! Chocolate mousse made out of Avocados!

Ronne, seeing people may be nice, I found a couple of days in the office ,e days home best. You have a great attitude about it!

Mary, (and Jody) thanks for level setting me on the roller coasters! I needed that! Mary, ugh dental problems are awful! Yours sounds especially not fun!

I sent my brother his quilt, he loved it! He really loved my handwritten note and it choked him up! My hand hurt from writing it! Arthritis, no! I’ll see if I can post the pic he sent of it in his home.

Just flying by......I been spinning every day, this Peloton challenge I’m in is really keeping me committed! Lost 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks! 6 more lbs to get to my comfortable cathe weight. I’m really watching my carbs! I do feel better and sleeping so good that I committed to this for that alone! Dh is starting to spin now too. I’m feeling stronger on the peloton too, I burn easily 300 to 400 calories in 30 to 45 min.

Damn! Just checking in and saw that the last post I uploaded isn't here! Can't remember what I said now apart from beautiful quilt, Lisa!!

Two days into my new job ... going well so far but I'm shattered. Aiming to do my first workout at the end of the day tomorrow.

Hi all!

Lisa, that quilt is gorgeous and so is their home! Now you and DH need another bike so you can race each other at the same time! Lol

Ronne, so hard to get used to 5 days a week, especially because you were independent so long! I’m sure you are making new friends!

Jody, 2 roombas? How fun, do they run around together??

Tooth out, new crown on the other. Dentist said my original work needs updating. Mouth is still sore, hopefully just a few more days. DD started her student teaching on Monday, says it’s going well. DS leaves Saturday, and I go back to work Tuesday. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Quick drive by, mostly to stay in touch, though I have done a few bike rides and a hike at close by state park.
Re self care, rest and recovery, diet I'm doing OK, but alcohol remains my nemesis. Well, that and long work and stress and parents, LOL, so I guess everything in life! Non workout happenings have been mom duty -hospital for cellulitis and I took her cat to vet for rainbow bridge assist : (. Work taxes my brain- often adapting to full court press in different clinical areas every day. I'm also studying for a specialty exam on my time off, I'm quite ready to wrap that crap up!!!

Lisa, beautiful quilt and jeesh, bro home is pretty nice! I'm so happy they are appreciating what you do. The Peleton has been a winner!!
Mary, downstairs Roomba is Mouse droid and upstairs is Rosie- they stay on their own floors! Although it might be fun to see if they run into each other! It sounds like the kids are doing well, that is great. I have a lot of dental work too. In my 30's they put crowns on all my amalgams. I'm so happy my kids haven't had any fillings, just braces. How did we survive?
Ronne, hang in there as you adjust to new routines, lol, I'm counting on you for ongoing inspiration! How is the commute going? As expected?

Waves and hugs! OMG I am off to investigate new Cathe series!

Today was the last day of my Peloton challenge. My team, including team captain, flakes out about a week ago. I wanted to ditch the challenge and just ride what I wanted (we had a set ride each day), but I hung in there (proud of myself!). Today was the grand finale, my team didn’t ride, but I rode with a pack of 75 people on other teams. 12 10 min rides, that 2 hrs! I did it, it was fun but I’m beat! 30 miles and 1250 calories burned. I think I’ll take the day off tomorrow !

Jody, sounds like you’ve had a lot of stress, hang in there. My motto, we aren’t given what we want, we’re given what we need.

Mary, time is flying with those kiddos! I have the grand baby’s shower next Sunday! She’ll be here before we know it!

Ronne, hope you’re settling into the office routine.

That’s about it, I’m beat

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.