Strong & Sensible

Walked with dad yesterday, 3 miles. Oh and got tickets to Hamilton in Feb. And i ordered an Oura ring tracker this past week, my credit card took a hit!
Also I did the stairs at work, 30 mins- 5 flights up and down I think a dozen times or so.

Last edited:
Hi fit babes! Happy day after TG and Bank holiday to you Ronne! I wanted to get here yesterday but I think pure laziness prevented me....

I have read all of your posts! I wrote a few things down but probably not enough. If I miss something important, I apologize in advance!

Hi Lisa! I could not be happier for you that you are getting a little granddaughter in your life!!! Your quilt is absolutely adorbs (to borrow Jody's word) too!! And congratulations on your weight loss and new eating plan! I wouldn't be able to fast, I'm one of those people who gets hangry and no one wants to see that! That's great you get to spin again during your cold weather. I think it's wonderful that you have these uplifting things in your life, along with the support of your family and friends in dealing with self-absorbed sis. I loved Jody's reply to your sis about your booty. Although I am pretty sure sis can't say anything about it now other than it looks cute!I
I was also happy to read that your brother loved Bend, OR. I do too but it'd been years since I've been there. I think I will plan a trip!

Hi Ronne! I live 2 hours from the beach but I am not complaining! You live about that far from it as well, correct? And congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary and getting through STS!!! I also enjoy reading about the fun things you do in London, and with your friends. When you went away for a raw food and yoga weekend, I thought to myself that I need to get me some healthier friends! None of my trips or getaways are like that. Exercise is usually involved but so is bad food and good wine! I bet I would have bad withdrawals from caffeine and am happy to say I have not tried it. I would suffer and I don't like to suffer. I have cut down though, a bit, and doing OK. I hope your back is better! Do you ever get massage?

Mary, I was really surprised to read you were in the 90s on Sept. 22nd! Fall hit us hard here on Sept. 15 with downpour rain, which continued ad nauseum for weeks. Then a miracle happened and we had gorgeous weather for 2 weeks straight. November is our rainiest month usually but we are bright and sunny. However, the temps are below freezing overnight. And no snow! I cracked up when your said the 1st Firm had transparent outfits. They probably did but I am not quite ready to find out for myself yet. That one stays on the shelf for the most part. I hope you are enjoying time with your kids this weekend!

Hi Jody! WDW sounds like so much fun! I've only been to Disneyland a few times and went there once in December. It was so long ago that I don't remember the festivities part. Congratulations on your med tests being clear and your weight loss! I am glad that you are feeling better about yourself. I go back and forth on that, daily! When I first dropped a good amount years ago (almost 5 years ago, yikes!) it was easy to turn down eating garbage because I felt so good about myself and wanted to keep it that way. Then stress kicked in and well, you know how it can go. I still do pretty well on the food choices but know I could do better. I have not gotten an air fryer. But I am usually behind on the latest and greatest in kitchen stuff anyway! I don't have an insta-pot either. Is that the same thing?

Let's see. I have been working out, work work is going well and I have a new grand nephew (Jackson) as of 11/9 and grand niece Jennifer as of 2 days ago. I LOVE holding them! On TG, my immediate family went out for dinner then came home to our house for pie. I literally had a food baby in my stomach! But it gave me energy to Black Friday shop online a little, meet Jennifer at the hospital and go to the mall. I can't remember seeing the mall that busy before! But there were some decent deals there. I didn't buy much. In fact, this year I found an artist that paints pets and I had her paint R&B as a surprise for DH. Then he mentioned going to the beach for Christmas (so excited!) so we aren't doing the gift thing. Fine by me! I will post the painting here after Christmas.

Nothing too exciting happening here. I did have fun in CA with a friend of mine in mid-October. Except the power was turned off where we were at her family's cabin! But we were warned it could happen (high fire danger) and we were prepared. We BBQed by flashlight, had a fire and the house still had water which was awesome. (I don't have water if the power goes out at my house!) We even made 2 pots of coffee ahead of time and warmed it up on the BBQ the next morning. We also made breakfast on the BBQ. We were quite proud of ourselves. We went home to her house earlier than planned because the power wasn't going to be back on for at least 24 hours. 45 minutes out of town my friend's phone rang. Apparently, they had been trying to reach us for hours. We were just fine thankyouverymuch!

DH just got home with dinner so I need to sign off. I think about you fit babes often even though I am not good about getting here!! Here's to a healthy week!! Tracy

Tracy awesome to see you! I bet the painting will be lovely and precious. I have crochet minis of my departed corgis and current kitty.
Lisa that was a great reaction on FB to your Totoro quilt, a hit!
I did LIC ub circuit today, fun stepping and I'm shakey from going hard. This was my view from workout room from last eve. Uh, I better get back on my track and/or clean up before I go to bed. I'll engage in some fasting and kick those carbs to the road to reboot. But lol at facing my shame and guilt in the middle of LIC, haha.

Jody, thank you for your kind words about the painting. I must also say that you are hilarious!! And inspiring--I want to workout tomorrow since I haven't done one since Weds.! Thank you for that!

Lisa, I saw on the news today that there was a ground blizzard by Denver, yikes! 70-80 mph winds--I'm sure the spin bike was your friend today!

Take care fit babes!

Haha, Tracy, I'm glad if I somehow inspired you and thank you, I'm glad you appreciate my humor!
Maybe we should head to Lisa's with our snow shovels, that sounds very intense.
Did everyone enjoy holiday?

I did PH today, primarily the LB parts to my best ability (including doing the lunges (dislike) and going no/low weight, but really getting full range of motion. I subbed brief UB body weight for the UB portions and did the short set of abs~ 30 min. That warm up is cool b/c it includes a barbell at 20 so it fit right in for me.

Last edited:
Hello from the frozen tundra! We got about 15 inches that day, then it looks like everyone saw the ground blizzard from all the wind on the national news, and then a couple more inches, so still all frozen out there and still about 17 inches. The side roads are awful even a week after, ugh! This is not my Colorado! Thank goodness I got the spin bike back! Spinning 2 days, then a rest day,repeat. Weight loss still going but no more inches in waist and hips so it must be coming off somewhere else. I didn’t wreck my diet over thanksgiving either! We had a lovely holiday, such a nice time with the kids! I love my small but mighty family!

Jody, peloton has a lot more on their app than they used to. They have yoga, meditation, cardio, hit, strength training, but I’ve only done spinning. I think I could share my membership with you if you want while I have it, I’ll probably stop it in March.). The Totoro was a hit! Yes! Did you listen to it? Come to find out my neighbor ‘liked’ my video but didn’t listen to it and didn’t notice she was preggo (I never told my neighbor I was going to be a grandma until today when she was here quilting something for 6 hrs!).

Ronne, boo on bad weather, wanna trade? . How did the dampness work out?

Tracy! I’m going to be bad here......so, I looked up sis BMI in smart BMI calculator dot com and for me to have her BMI I’d have to add at least 100 lbs to my heaviest weight! That’ll be awesome going to the beach on Christmas, I’m already over winter! Can’t wait to see the painting! That’s crazy with all the power outages! I wouldn’t do well with no power, I’d only last as long as my iPad or kindle battery! Lol!

Mary, how was your thanksgiving? I bet you had a blast with those kids!

Hi everyone

Wow lots to catch up on!

Tracy - good to see you. Love the sound of your CA getaway with friend - that's very back to nature with no electricity. The yoga/raw food was a bit of a one off, not sure we'll be repeating it. But we just wanted to try something different. Yes, you're right about our distance from the sea, we're about as far away as you can get in this country, considering it's an island. Oh well, can't have everything. Congrats on the new additions to your family.

Jody - you're really on it with the workouts at the moment. Good for you. I know what you mean about credit card pain, I went to the opticians on Friday and I need new glasses (and sunglasses as I get prescription). I haven't needed new ones for four years, so I knew it was due but it's a big chunk of money. Relieved I still don't need reading glasses at least.

Lisa - sounds like a lot of snow!! When I was in town the other day I noticed there's a new Peloton shop in town. They seem to be selling gear but I'm not sure if you could go to classes there, it was a bit odd. There were 4 bikes in the middle of the shop and a load of clothes hung up around the walls like a normal shop. I don't think I'll trade you for the snow, thanks! The rain has at least stopped for now and we've been having some nice clear cold days. We've got someone coming to look at the damp next week - I'm crossing my fingers it's something we'll be able to claim on the insurance. I've got a bad feeling about it.

So I've been keeping up with the workouts: GG, BWB, LISLIC Express 1 premix in the last few days. GG nearly finished me off but I didn't have any DOMS next day.
Work still a bit quiet but I've got a few things keeping me busy at the moment. Not doing much else apart from that, trying not to spend too much!!

Ronne, still keeping fingers crossed on the damp. Good job to you as well on the workouts. I don't do any of those particular ones too often. Yes, I have been getting a lot of workouts in- I've had time off. I had 200 hours accrued and we can't take any time Jan to May, and at some point we stop being rewarded. Oh - re eyeglasses! I am shopping online at Zenni and Warby Parker. I'll let you know how it goes. DD had a very good experience at Warby Parker. I need a pair for distance/driving emergency if I can't wear contacts. It sounds like you are starting to do holiday shopping?

Lisa, we have a Peleton store here too. (Ronne I think the equipment is for trying stuff out). Anyway, very very sweet offer on the app sharing. I may ask you later if you still have it. For now, I'm better off with less choice. In fact I'm really enjoying the original batch of DVDs I have LIS DM BM2 BG plus the PH MIS BM. I'm just chunking them to make 30 to 40 min workouts. Good job on sticking to food plan over TG. I'm back on track at the moment, yea! Let me know how deep of a dive you take into all of this stuff. Sleep, meditation and fasting/diet are my primary focus but I'm interested in lots more.

Mary, are you doing ok? How was the holiday with the kids? I did a weather check on everyone yesterday- you were the coldest!

Tracy, actually, I didn't check your weather, maybe you were just as cold as Mary? It is "freezing" here, 60's jackets and long sleeves and heat is set to come on 72, though I don't think it has kicked on.

Yesterday I did DM just the cardio PM and day before was DM the first 4 circuits. I skipped part of the warm up and some other bits and kept it at 40 min.

Hi everyone! Soto be missing, with Thanksgiving , the kids and wrapping up the semester, I don’t know what I’ve been doing!

Lisa, I cannot believe how much snow you got! Those quilts are so beautiful! I showed my mom your work, she was jealous of your talent! Your kids and daughters in law are just beautiful.

Jody, I got my sunglasses from Zenni, so much cheaper than the stores. I LOVE the WarbyParker frames, maybe next time. I’m glad you got some time off, you work a lot!

Ronne, fingers crossed for basement. Being a homeowner is over rated! Will DD be home soon? Mine come back in 2 weeks, I’m so excited!

Tracey! We have missed you! California sounds fun, sounds like you all made the best of a bad situation! I do like electricity, all the comforts of home. I am spoiled!

Classes end next week, hopefully then I will start shopping, hope everyone is well!
Mary

I ordered 3 pr of glasses from Zenni- my primary need was for emergency driving glasses in the very rare moment I don't have on my contacts. So I got those and 2 more pair for intermediate wake up and find the coffee pot glasses. $152 for all three! Thin lenses blue blocker all three and darkening on the 1 driver. In the past I've easily spent more on one pair that didn't float my boat- so we will see! I have a little guilt around not supporting local business, but the mark up on frames is so so ridiculous.

Lisa, rereading...maybe I should try the yoga and meditation?
Mary, are you 100% teaching/clinical at this time? We've had an itchy situation that rhymes with babies- so far I've dodged the bullet.
Tracy, I also thought the camping experience sounded like fun, but fire danger scary! Congrats on those new babies in the family- a double header!
Ronne, will DD be home for a few weeks or so over holiday? My younger one heading back to Puerto Rico for research then will be here for xmas. In the meantime, I'm up one cat in the household.
Yesterday I did BM2 CW premix- I skipped a few bits including the w/u to bring it in at 45 min. I'm quite the stepper these days.

Quick fly by, if I miss something apologies in advance! I got a sore throat last few days, still did spinning (just couldn’t sing along when spinning or sewing, that killed me! ). I got a smart scale, for better readings and further motivation, had it 3 days, lost 2 lbs! Back to my cycling weight as of a couple years ago, now trying to get even lower. Keto and If are working well for me.

Jody, Peloton just changed the pricing, I think come my monthly renewal I may not be able to share, but not sure yet. If you want to share you’ll have to create an account where you get 2 free weeks, then I can share. Not sure when or if they will take sharing away. Also, I may need eyeglass info in a couple of urs for dh. We had eye coverage with cobra but now on the ACA the cost doesn’t make sense, nor does it once he hits Medicare....1.5 yrs away, can’t believe it!

Mary, aw, thx for the compliment, really touched my heart! ♥️ Snow is finally starting to melt! Was so cold and no sun so didn’t have our natural snow melting sunshine. That article your son wrote was so sweet!

Ronne, hope insurance will cover it! Don’t even get me started on insurance. Ok, wait I’ve stsrted........probably more for the US girls.....what do you think of those Christian based medical sharing plans? You probably don’t know about them. Since we have to buy our own health insurance now we have been researching a lot and a couple of my friends use them but my research says not to and my brother who was a ceo of a healthcare company agrees.....if something bad happens they find a way not to pay and aren’t regulated. For now we are using the Obamacare and get a financial subsidy, that should work for a couple of years then once dh is in Medicare I’ll have to figure it all out again......good thing is though that dh has as part of his retirement a limited amount of money that can be used for healthcare that starts in 1.5 hrs when he’s Medicare eligible....so complicated!

Gotta run!

Lisa, I have a co worker who has used the Christian health care thingy and is happy with it but those are really good points. DD happy with her plan via the ACA but she found an HMO plan and doc she likes. I use a high deductible option and contribute a lot to my HSA (rather than pay higher premiums for coverage I don't generally need, but then the money for the high deductible is set aside). You know how I feel about insurance, so I feel ya on the frustration/necessity/bullshit of it all.
I did LIC yesterday, essentially all of it! This morning I did 8 min of yoga and meditation before a day of classes (so didnt have to leave til 0800). A new habit maybe? I did Tara Stiles on youtube. I'll be working most of this week so I might drop back out of sight for a few days. I'll let yall know when I get my Zennies. Most of my holiday stuff is managed, yay! Except for my dad, he's always the tough one!

ETA on insurance and medical charges for colonoscopy- OP surg center $2500, GI Doc$855 and $214, Anesthesia $1220 and Lab charges are still pending. So around 4K in charges for a screening, insurance will only pay a fraction of that.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Jody - yes, DD will be back at the weekend till January 4th. It'll be lovely to have her home again. Puerto Rico sounds interesting! Well done on the workouts - LIC all the way through? That is impressive! Sounds like you're straightening out diet/exercise while you've got a bit of headspace for it. Also impressed you've got the Christmas shopping done. I'm woefully behind on that. So you paid $4000 dollars for a test?! Wow! Did any of you see this: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/dec/04/us-healthcare-costs-brits-reaction-nhs? DH just had a test done, we paid nothing.
If it makes you feel any better, I did pay a lot more than you for my two pairs of glasses!! ;)

Lisa - I don't envy you the headache of trying to figure out health insurance, I find it stressful enough doing the house insurance. Depending on the outcome of our election this week, I may end up in the same boat in a few years.

Mary - have you finished yet? I bet you're looking forward to having everyone home.

A couple more workouts to report: XTrain CBS today and ICE Bootcamp on Sunday. We had the loft boarded and reinsulated this week. So spending the next few days gradually refilling it. We got rid of two thirds of the stuff up there. It's been great clearing all that stuff out.
Wrote all my cards last night and got them in the post so at least I've got something done.

Girls, I just have to pop on here to tell you that my brother bought me a Peloton for Christmas! I'll be back later to post more and do personals. Squeeeeee! A peloton!

Hello everyone! School is out!

Lisa, your brother!? That’s awesome! I need a brother! Lol. You are going to get a lot of use our of that!

Ronne, I saw a video of Brits being asked how much health care cost us here, cracked me up and made me sad at the same time. Are you able to buy your glasses on line? I was so surprised at the price difference. I went down in our basement the other day, thinking I need to excise a lot of stuff!

Jody, dang, that’s a lot of money. However, it’s the best investment, YOU!

Hi Tracey!

Have been working out, trying to mix things up, today did a Firm workout, yesterday did a barlates, harder than I remembered. Get to get my roots done today, yippee! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi ladies! I’m under the weather with side effects from my 2nd shingles shot, ugh! Chills that Advil, 4 quilt couldn’t get rid of so had to get up last night to turn the heat up I was so cold, and take Tylenol since I had taken Advil just 2 hrs (and all day to try to prevent).

Jody, I’m going to Disney again! My bff wanted to go again and I got the reservations for end of April! Making my friend help plan this one for dining, fast passes, etc. I’m such a cheapskate with medical costs, I want to know how much BEFORE! Another irritant! Lucky me the shingles vaccine was free, oh but the cost of feeling achy, feverish!

Mary, love your gnomes! Yes, my brother bought me the peloton! I had named one of my strava rides ‘all I want for Christmas is a peloton’ As a hint! I mean if you don’t tell people, they don’t know,right? Making him a quilt now, I had said I’d make him a quilt but he didn’t need it in Hawaii, he didn’t say no and went on to say how his wife freezes him with fan/air conditioning. I did take my sis her quilt for her birthday and Christmas, she hugged me! I get my Peloton Friday! Can’t wait, so excited! I did do a Peloton cardio and boot camp workout with core, omg, I was so sore! Muscles I don’t normally use!

Ronne, dd is home now? I see BJ won (and that’s about all I know of your politics). I know you’re probably less than thrilled . How’s the damp?

I hate laying around on the couch but I can’t muster any energy, these shingle shots are not for the faint of heart! All I want to do is eat! Diet going well, hanging onto maybe a pound to almost 2 a week loss. Everything is fitting so loose! Feels so good, but I’d still like to lose this little belly, I hope to be back to my cathe road trip weight by Christmas! Even that was heavier than my ultimate low weight when I started cathe in early 40s, wonder if I can get close to that? That would require 15 lbs more, I’m aiming for 10.

Hi everyone! Countdown to Christmas!

Lisa, I think a quilt is an even trade! You put so much soul into them, how wonderful to have such a generous brother! You deserve it with all the work you put in with your sister. He’s probably grateful he’s in Hawaii! I mean no malice, just that it’s been a hard road for you and you deserve all that’s good.

Ronne, DD home? Mine come home tomorrow! I hope the snow doesn’t foil my plans to squeeze on them!

Jody, you must be working? Hope the census isn’t too bad.

Hi Tracey!

Have to go to Costco today, get Christmas Eve dinner, I hope everyone is well and you are feeling better Lisa, mary

I tried to do yoga today, key word, tried. It was more moving quickly from pose to pose and I can’t move that fast for those poses so I quit. I have been doing core workouts and added a 10 min arms to see how that does. All peloton workouts on the app.

Mary, I know you mean no malice, it’s exactly what my brother thinks, plus that he is glad that I’m finally putting me first. Hope the kiddos got there, snow, ugh! It’s going to finally warm up here right when I get the peloton, sigh, of course! Suki really needs a bike ride outside!

So, a bigger quilting frame and machine was on a sale I couldn’t resist, so I just ordered one, eek! A big purchase, and now the car is in the shop, probably 1k there, sigh. My New Years resolution will be not spending anymore money, but what a holiday (so different than last year when all I did was cry). DH wants a gaming computer, can’t say no since I’m getting so much. Thanks to my brother I can splurge on the quilting machine since he bought the peloton for me (I’m still squealing! ).

Last edited:
Hi all

Lisa - hope you're now feeling better. Well done on attempting yoga at least!! I think I'll join you in your NY resolution.

Mary - yes, she came home last Saturday. It's lovely to have her around again!

So a very quick post I'm afraid as the Christmas rush has started with lots to sort out. Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and I'll see you the other side in 2020!! (Can you believe it?)

Hi! Lots to catch up!
Ronne, enjoy DD! Thanks for that link about health care reactions. Re colonoscopy, the 4K I pointed out is what the various parties billed, they were reimbursed significantly less by my insurance- which kicked in because it was a recommended screening. My actual cost was supposed to be zero, but one physician pre billed me. Our system is complicated and I have many many thoughts! In general, I think we spend a lot of money prolonging death.

Lisa, woo hoo! So happy for your Peleton! LOL, my bro got me a Roomba in part for keeping an eye on mom. I love that thing! She's had a back log of dust; she's spent 11 hours vacuuming my upstairs carpets. Its amazing!

Mary, how was the Costco run? I've been off a lot and not going in extra. Starting Xmas onward we will be on no more PDO allowed so screw it, I'm getting my time in while I can.

Tracy, do you have time off for holiday?

Workout wise I've been doing LIC BM2 parts and premixes. I should have gone outside today but it was overcast and cool. Now at 540 pm it is also dark. I'm definitely motivated by sunshine and demotivated by cool and gloom. I should check the mail for my new workouts! Merry Christmas to all, though I will likely be back before then. What will 2020 thread be called? You know in Feb we will have 2:20 on 2/20/2020 and military time 20:20 2/20/2020.

PSS LOVE THE ZENNI's!! All three pair of glasses fit and look nice, no adjustments needed and I'm happy with the look. My strongest pair weighs the least and the lenses are quite thin. I just followed the prompts when I ordered them. Again, 3 pr of rx glasses for about 155!
And, I saw new Star Wars last evening. I got a Padawan braid for the occasion, yes I am a geek, thank you very much.6969

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.