Strong & Sensible

Getting in a lot of bike rides, such beautiful weather we are having! Body is acclimating to the lowered carbs (and even no carbs before the brutal ride today). Our terrain is perfect for intervals, or that's what I tell myself at every hill! I did lose a couple of lbs and 1/2 inch on waist and 1/2 on hips (didn't measure bust. Also getting in the swing of fasting, going 19 hrs fasting. Never thought I could do this! I'm feeling slimmer and hoping it shows, why? Well, I will see my sis on Tuesday (have to take her in for knee surgery), she had said rudely to me a few months ago that I was getting a big butt (she has absolutely no room to talk as she's obese). It hurt especially because a lot of the weight came on during that stressful time with her! I'm learning a lot on this guy's you tube channel. I also think my restless legs at night is better because of the better digestion and greens/minerals. I think remember him saying that, so much info!

Jody, I've done Atkins in the past and I thought keto was just another low carb version and maybe some are. I'm really intrigued with this guy's information. I take about 2 tbsps of acv a day, I think that's a lot, but it seems to work for me and it's what he recommends.

Mary, I'm sorry I sent the bitter cold weather your way. All the trees got zapped here, didn't get much of a chance to enjoy the fall color! And I'll take all the rooting from the sidelines!

Ronne, sounds like a lovely time, I had a nice night last week with my BFF. Taught her some quilting designs and had her sew them out. She said she appreciates my quilting even more now! Take care of your back! My massage therapist agreed with me to lay off the weights. My traps were tight, I think partly from the little lifting and part from stress. Stress I think was from sis as she wants pity parties with her health issues. Shortness of breath, water retention and now her knee. So glad my brother is there to help deflect some of her pity parties.

Lisa, congrats on your health plans and weight loss. I'm with you on feeling much better- mind and body! Life is easier when I'm not struggling to find something to wear because I hate myself and clothes, too. Also having a "fasting muscle" and metabolic flexibility make traveling more simple. Ha ha, you should have told sis- I might have a fat ass right now, but it's got your name written on it and it is still smaller than yours. Doh! well, maybe not.

Mary, yes thanks for the cheers! I hope it has warmed up for you a bit? Hopefully lawn care is done for the year? Work is busy and stressful here. We are leveling up on our NICU and practicing neonatal resuscitation/mock codes. It feels like I'm dodging bullets all day!

Ronne, did your work get completed inside your home? I hope you recovered from injury and/or are you still taking it easy on the workouts?

I worked 6 in a row (Fri was just a 6 hour day though) and my sleep has been about 6 hours each night. I might do an easy ride later but that will be all. My cat is at vet for a dental today. Remember when we were kids and our pets were lucky to be let indoors? I'll be spending the better part of a thousand dollars today. Oh well, I'm glad I can do it at least.
Have a good one- I should be around this week with some workouts!

Hi ladies

Mary - sounds chilly! Hope you're keeping warm with lots of Cathe workouts ;)

Lisa - wow, impressive! I couldn't not eat for 19 hours!! I liked Jody's comeback to your sister, that would have shut her up! It's good that your brother is taking some of the slack now as well.

Jody - whenever you talk about your work I realise how important it is. Sounds like you could do with a break - is it your busy time of year now when you can't take time off? Wow, that's an expensive pet! Glad I don't have anything any more, I couldn't afford it!!

I've just been doing very light yoga to help my back for the last week or so. The major pain has gone but my lower back is still bothering me. Hoping to maybe start back next week gradually. I'm off to the tennis tomorrow in London with a friend for the day. Then I'm away this weekend for a yoga and raw food weekend with three friends. Should be interesting!! Have a good weekend everyone.

ICY plan for today- w/u, LBB- BB only, CUB 5 gone TS PM. - Done with decreased intensity but complete.
I'm nearly done with ICE. I've run through most them; a few are dead to me.

Lisa, I hope I didn't offend you. You have a complicated sibling relationship. Keep up the good work and try to stay focused on taking care of your health.

Ronne, I hope back holds up well on yoga weekend, it sounds fun! Yoga practice remains on my to do list. Maybe I should come up with a 5 min routine and chase it with my daily meditation- that would fit in nicely with Project Self Improvement and be a good start. As far as my job, the tough part is being able to emergently perform things that are not done often. And I can be my worst critic.

Mary, we were watching OSU marching band the other day and I thought of you guys!

Cat did OK yesterday but had multiple extractions. I'm shopping for fish flavored toothpaste!

No workouts to report, been at the hospital the last couple of days, with my sis, sigh. Surgery on her knee (torn miniscous, I know spelling is wrong too tired to look it up). Took ALL day waiting for surgery, waited 7 hrs! Made us come in early then they got behind? Then because she has untreated sleep apnea and she’s been trying to find cause of her shortness of breath, dr wanted to keep her overnight. She wanted to sign out AMA but I wouldn’t pick her up (I tried to work it so drs took blame but I think she knew). I could never live with myself if I took her home and something happened! Then all day waiting for release because her oxygen level were low (87-89). Finally got everything squared away and got her home and set up with meals on wheels. I had her phone and couldn’t resist looking at texts from the OG (dickwad) days and since. Let’s say it was disturbing. OG started way before I knew and she was scared then too and already talking suicide because after 1st batch of money then he asked more, she implied to him that’ it’s a scam and friends told her so (again it was before I knew). Why, why, why did she do it and continue?? Then I saw several references about me from OG, ‘stingy sister’, ‘lousy sister’. Thankfully no recent contacts but quite a glimpse into her psyche.

Jody, you didn’t offend at all. I did have a good cry this morning just so thankful for my brother and other sister and friends(my friend tracked me down at the hospital in pre-op, and you guys. So grateful for all and I think people have been put in my path to cope with all of this! I had to email/call, brother, other sister, my friends, and now you guys to thank them for being them and being there for me. I couldn’t do it otherwise!

I apologize for no more personals, I’m exhausted!

Jody, good luck brushing a cats teeth! Come do suki , hers is bad, cleaned only 2 hrs ago and needs it again, sigh.

Hi everyone!

Lisa, I’m so sorry about your sister. Thank goodness you have other siblings to help. She is so lucky to have you on her side. I hope she heals quickly and doesn’t give you too much trouble!

Ronne, raw food and yoga? Well, I really hope you enjoy yourself! I need to open my mind more! I’ll be interested to hear about it!

Jody, 6 days in a row?? That’s brutal! How much time are you getting off? That neonatal stuff is rough, I had to be certified in neonatal life support at one time, I thought the test was brutal. ( my word of the day: brutal)

Not much here, cold, snow, working, cleaning, raking. Kids come home in a week and a half, eeeeeeeee! Miss them terribly! Have a good one! Mary

Greetings!
Lisa, I'm also sorry about your sister. It does seem like this is going to be an ongoing saga so keep brushing up on your coping skills and setting boundaries! You've got many reasons to stay strong and take care of yourself.
Mary, I'm taking a 2 day NPS course and will then go for exam but that is a credential I have to maintain. Classes and test taking increase my confidence if nothing else! Will you have the kids for long weekend or a whole week?
Ronne, I put in a Shiva Rae dvd that has 20 min practices today- I really stink at yoga! It will be quite a growth opportunity if I keep at it.
Yesterday I did ICE RSKB BB only pm. Today I tried ICE LG bands only pm but switched it out for a B+G TS PM . I'm heading to Disney Sun Mon and Tues.

Hello

Jody - hope you're enjoying Disney! I bet it's a nice time to be there. Is it still very busy or does it get quieter at this time of year? I love the ICE series, it's the one I always turn to when I'm not sure what to do. As I've had a couple of weeks off with injuries I think I'll be starting back with LITE though and being super careful! Don't beat yourself up about not doing yoga - we all do what suits us. You couldn't get me running or cycling if you paid me!!

Lisa - sorry to hear that you're having sis problems again but glad that the rest of the family are there to support you/help out with her. It's so draining especially when the person can't take responsibility for their behaviour. You do your best but you have to look after yourself as well.

Mary - sounds like you're keeping busy. These uni terms fly by don't they? People keep mentioning the C word round here and I can't bear to think about it yet (not that one, the one to do with the bloke in the red suit :p)!

So the weekend was fab - mainly because I was with three good friends. We spent the whole time talking and laughing (almost through some of the classes!!). I enjoyed the yoga and meditation, some classes more than others. The food was really good, very tasty. Things like spaghetti made from courgettes, a banana dessert made with frozen bananas and tahini, kale salads with loads of nuts, capers etc. I didn't really miss hot food. But I did discover I'm physically addicted to caffeine!! I had terrible withdrawal symptoms after 2 days, a really bad headache and I started feeling sick. So they found some emergency supplies and I had a cup of coffee and felt better instantly! I couldn't believe it. I'm not giving it up though as I really enjoy it.

Hi ladies! My clothes are fitting so loose! Whoopee! There's times it's been tough but for the most part I'm good with the eating (or um not eating when fasting). I swear my skin feels better too. 10 more lbs and I'll be happy. I found a website I like that takes into account your age/sex when looking at bmi, so much more realistic! The cycling has been the toughest (I think I'm addicted to carbs for that), Friday we had a killer ride, I didn't think I'd make it home, but I did! But then I passed out All. Day. Long! Haven't been again, chilly with wind, hoping for one today before snow. RE: sis, thanks for listening I really do have to keep my head right when dealing with her.

I do have good news!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!! My first girl ever!!!!! I'm over the moon! I was too scared to think the grand would be a girl so I've been guessing boy. I tell ya, this baby is coming at the right time in my life, it's like it was meant to be! I'm (and my brother) are concentrating on this wonderful new life, and putting my effort into this little bundle! (btw, sis NEVER acknowledged my email saying it was a girl.....it hurt but I've been working on putting HER into perspective). A girl, a girl, a girl, a girl! Can you tell I'm excited?

Ronne, it took me about 3 days to adjust to IF, I've dropped my coffee to just one a day (used to have 2). It's interesting how what we eat/drink really affects us when we are used to it. I do love your sensible approach to doing what feels good to each of us....the important thing is to keep moving! Can I just wish for cycling on flat land though?

Mary, Thanksgiving! kids! I'm going to give the Christmas gifts at Thanksgiving because I want my future DIL to be able to enjoy her quilt before she heads back to med school in VA. Can't wait to see the other kids faces when they get a Totoro quilt for baby girl (Kiera). Dang this grand stuff is fun! My brother has been my rock in so much and so sweet....he's setting up a 529 plan for his great niece once she enters our world.

Jody, Definitely need to keep my boundaries, I hate it, I normally give all of myself, so I'll just give baby Kiera all I have to give. A new life!

Oh my, can you girls tell I'm so excited?????????

Lisa - so pleased for you. Lovely to see you so happy and excited. A girl!!! How exciting! Love to all your family :D

Lisa, I'm so happy for you and I love the name Kiera! I'm starting a flow of happy healthy mommy baby family vibes to you guys!

Ronne, all those foods sound yummy to me. The caffeine withdrawal caught you off guard? I'm glad they were able to fix you up. I am hugely attached to my coffee. What aspect of classes did you like better? The style of yoga or some aspect of its physicality and pace?

Mary, after the 6 in a row I've had some PDO and should be off til next Saturday, so 3 more days, woop!

Coffee cup empty, but sad kitty who missed me while at WDW is on my lap so I can't move at the moment. Disney was fantastic. We did Mickey's Christmas Party on Sunday Epcot Food Wine Mon and Tues and HS on Tues as well. WDW is busy year round but I think summer is the worse. I did suck it up and do an hour wait for Millennium Falcon but other than that we fast passed our way around the parks with minimal waits. My dd is the best park buddy in the world and points out tons of insider stuff and Disney magic. I could go on about what we look like as a species or culture (fat and ridiculous) but lol I'm part of the problem.
Ok, I gotta move this kitty and refuel. Maybe Ice MTB today then move on to new series? Oh and 20K to 23K steps each park day, according to my fitbit.

We did a long ride yesterday, it was wonderful, and best of all, I felt good! Maybe baby Kiera had something to do with it? Now we buckle in for some snow.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I'm committed to keeping them flowing!

Jody, I can plan WDW for minimal waits too.....as one that grew up on Disney I can zig while everyone else is zagging! :) Glad you had a good time! And yes, it's always crowded! I was a little disappointed in Mickey Christmas party, but we loved the Epcot Candlelight Processional! I wanna go back! I tried to get the girls together for a Feb trip last year but it didn't pan out.

A baby girl!!! You are going to love her so much!! Congratulations to all of you! Sister seems focused just on herself, you just enjoy this new bundle of love coming your way!

Jody, I’ve never been to Disney in winter to see the Christmas celebration, sounds like you had fun. You brought back a memory, when I was little we used to go to the airport to “people watch”. I still find it fascinating! We are a strange group, us humans!

Ronne, a caffeine headache is the worst! And so amazing how fast it can be cured. Sounds like you had a great weekend, the food sounds pretty good too! When does DD come home for break? I bet you are excited.

Have been working out, Cathe and Yvette, working, watching the hearings and cleaning. Hope everyone is well! Talk to you all later! Mary

Hi all

Jody - sounds like lots of fun for you and DD at Disney. How fun having that on your doorstep. We did a kundalini class which was OK but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. The other classes were more my kind of yoga, flow type. Meditation was a mixed bag, some of it I enjoyed but I probably wouldn't do that again.

Lisa - good luck with the snow. What are you going to do for exercise in the meantime?

Mary - DD's back next week actually but then goes back for another two weeks. Her first term is very broken up!

Pushed myself a bit too far yesterday. I did Cardio Party which was fine but added the abs on - bad idea. I did stop after a few reps. The full sit ups hurt my back. Back to restorative yoga today to try and soothe it. Idiot!

Ronne, I didn't enjoy the kundalini I have tried and chucked those DVDs straight away, so I can imagine. Good idea on restorative yoga plan. Continuing on the yoga theme- I will check youtube for some quick AM routines to learn and practice from my phone; that worked this morning.

Mary, you are doing Yvette regularly? Wowzers! Just so y'all know, I can't match Cathe at all these days. Either I go lighter or no weight or much slower. Shrug. LOL at people watching at the airport as a group family activity.

Lisa, I've never watched the processional at Epcot- I should probably sneak back up there and catch it. I had forgotten that you had been to the Xmas party. We did have fun. Next time I might dress up like many others- whole families in red plaid flannel pajamas!

Weights today but the actual workout is TBD. ETA actual workout was cardio and leg work from BM2.

Last edited:
Hi, I did a forum inspired MIS UB and abs only workout. It looks like I may be doing a rotation culled from my original dvds- MIS PH BM, LIC DM BM2 and BG. !

Hi all, we did a bike ride sunday in 30 mph winds! It was nice getting out since we were between weather systems. Today we have a foot of snow and it's still snowing, estimate is to get 14 inches! So, since Ronne made me think about what working out I'll do for the winter when we can't ride outside, I got my spin bike back from my son and today I did a ride with Lizzo songs for 30 min. Dang it's hard singing while spinning! Oh, wait, I wasn't supposed to sing? lol! Keto and IF are going good, I feel weight loss is slowing a bit, maybe it'll pick back up with spinning while at the end of my 20 hr fast.

Jody, I think the Christmas party being the last night we were just worn out since we only slept maybe 4 hrs a night. The candlelight processional is a must see! I also loved the Osborne lights at Hollywood Studios, I think they discontinued that as the year we went it was their last year?

Ronne, thanks for making me be accountable!

Mary, lol on people watching....that along with sunday drives I never liked. I blame my parents. My dad would come home with a new car (not discussing it with my mom), he'd have filled up the tank so mom made us go for a sunday drive until the gas got low and then made my dad return the car. This happened so often I remember it!

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving I probably won't get back here but I do plan to spin since I subscribed to the Peloton app again for $20 a month. There is absolutely NO good outside cycling weather in the 7 day forecast :(

Hi everyone

Lisa - wow, what a bike ride! Well done you. The spin sounds fun. That's so funny about your dad and new cars!!

Jody - at least you're doing something, doesn't matter if you can't keep up with Cathe.

Weather awful here. Raining day after day, we really need a break from it. We've discovered some damp in the house so waiting for someone to come and have a look at it. Made a very slow start on Christmas shopping, just got a couple of things.
Did GS C&T yesterday and ICE LIS 1 today.

Hi all and happy TG. Late night phone post while I wait for sleep (I know electronic devices are bad for sleep). Lisa a co worker of mine has all the peloton stuff and family membership and loves it. I think of you when it gets brought up. Good job on your IF. I'm wearing jeans I bought a few years ago before my first London trip- woop! LMAO at dad Sunday drives! Ronne ugh ugh ugh to the damp issue but hopefully it will be easily sorted. Fingers crossed! Mary I know you are enjoying the kiddos! Hey there Tracy, give us a drive by when you can. I did PH abs and BM power circuits today ♡

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.