Strong & Sensible

Hi everyone! Same ole here!

Lisa, the miracle of nature taking care of us! He better keep more in the pantry! I’m glad you figured out your ankle.

Jody, colonoscopy go ok? Have you heard any more about your smear?

Ronne, are you and DH enjoying your nest? (Being empty?). They way the weather is here, I think I’ll be mowing until thanksgiving!

Hi Tracey!

Has been in the 90’s here, thank goodness fall is supposed to arrive tomorrow, I’m tired of sparkling! Went to DD’s football game yesterday, I was sweating like I was in the game! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi all! I did a bike ride and stopped at a few chickee huts for push ups, dips and squats! I just needed to get outside. I've not been able to muster a DVD even though I did have Supercuts in one day. Colonoscopy is going to be in Oct. I did a mammogram (last one was in '12) that was clear. Yay and grateful! Dermatology screen this week. I'm supposed to have a repeat Pap in 6 months as per protocol. I will see my previous gyn in a few weeks and see if she concurs. In the meantime, I'm keeping the woo woo faith. All this self care is stressing me out!

Mary I very LOL'ed at sweating comment!
Lisa, that is really cool that your hub is benefiting from mj! I want a card and experiment for sleep and mom for pain management. No vaping though, I've seen some really sick cases from people who include vitamin e in the mix and they get really bad respiratory issues.
Ronne, I just watched a travel/ tiny home show. I want to go to Devon! Have you been? It sounds like you've been doing really well on your workouts. I've not been able to go straight thru without pauses or back ups and skips, but I just do what I can. Also with the weight system we have, I think the we both use those changeable wts that can take a few moments to manage. Oh ps i did original PH!

I'm off Thurs and Fri, hopefully I will be back with some workouts. Waves to all~~

Last edited:
Oops, no workout today, warning TMI ahead. So I had a dermatologist appt for a skin check. My intention was to workout, shower and go to appointment. Anyway, I ended up on the phone with my dad, lost my workout time and nearly all my shower time. However, I did manage to multitask by wearing my bluetooth headphones, talked to dad and while doing so, I shaved my legs in the sink! I just think that is hysterical. I needed to be full body groomed for naked check up! They did a biopsy of one spot, so hopefully all's well with that. Waves to all, a workout tomorrow for sure!

Hi everyone

I got stuck on the previous page and thought no one had posted for a while!

Lisa - you and DH are real adverts for the benefits of mj. CBD oil is a big thing over here at the moment. I read an article recently and it's being used in all sorts of products to no avail really. It's just become flavour of the month and will probably peter out again.

Mary - that's crazy weather! Our weather broke last week and we've had lots of rain. We do need it though as it hadn't rained for months, the ground was looking really parched.

Jody - very efficient multitasking :p! Yes, Devon's lovely - gets very busy in the summer but it has lovely beaches and countryside. Insider tip is to go slightly more east and go to Dorset instead, it's like Devon but not quite as overrun. It's about 2 hours drive from here and is our nearest coast.

So I've been keeping up with the workouts, completed week 2. I really like this mesocycle, probably my favourite. I even did OK with Plyo Legs this week and didn't have to take an extra break (full disclosure, with lighter weights!).
I've got an enforced break next week as DH and I are off to Scotland for a few days. A belated wedding anniversary trip. Weather isn't looking too good but we're staying in a place with a spa, swimming pools, steam room etc. so should get lots of relaxation time. My dad's coming to look after the house as usual. I think he likes his housesitting trips!

Hi all! Today did the original Firm, wow! I never realized the outfits were practically transperant! Must be the better tv’s!

Jody, you are getting checked from head to toe! I’m impressed! Hope the weekend isn’t too busy at work.

Ronne, enjoy your trip! How’s DD doing at school and with all her roommates?

Lisa, you still on the bike??

Hi Tracey!

We are going to Pittsburgh for the weekend, DH and his brother are doing a race. So many hills there, I don’t envy them! Have a great weekend everyone! Mary

Hi everyone! Not too much working out going on here. Had a packed weekend with wedding activities for my BFF's son. And now we actually have an extremely fall day, cold, rainy. Thursday my BFF wants to hike to decompress from the wedding so we'll be doing that, no 14er, there's snow up there! We do hope to find some fall foliage AND go to a state park we both haven't been to before in all the time we've lived here, and it's close to me! Say what? I always saw the sign when we'd drive to the mountains but never have been, go figure!

Mary, I saw pics of DH and you and the tri. You guys are cute and DH so fit! My DH has lost some from bike riding, me not so much. His suit for wedding was loose! Uh, my dress was tight. No fair!

Ronne, how was Scotland? My DS and DIL that is preggo took a babymoon to Hawaii. Babymoon, the words these millennials make up! I don't find too much relief with just CBD, I go for the real stuff!

Jody, yes we asked the dispensary about the THC carts, they said their's is safe and mentioned that the problem is with the Vit E. We never vaped much (in the middle of night to get back to sleep), and I'm leary now, they recommended trying some prerolls....I'll report back.

Lunch is ready, gotta run!

Hi, I keep wanting to post but feel overwhelmed with personals, workouts and of course my own agenda!
Short cut will be- I've been working out to include bike rides and Cathe dvds.

Lisa, That hike looked great!!! I wanna go!!! Uh, I thought babymoon was the special bonding time when you bring baby home? shrug

Mary, I missed tri pics on fb but you guys are a cute couple for sure. Lol at Firm outfits. You didnt have to pull out a VHS for that did you?

Ronne - speaking of cute couples, happy wedding anniversary!!

Lisa, you guys are cute couple too and Tracy as well, ha ha, I guess I'm solo gal!
My Brit/Burner/Dancer bff husband is in hospital for heart surgery. I guess if my peers are aging, I am as well? sheesh.
Health update, check ups are OK. I did have atypical cells on derm but its gone. Pap is HPV neg and has been so since decades so gyn assured me just re check and nothing alarming. Heading in for a colonoscopy this month so yep, getting it all tuned up and checked out plus feeling inspired to stick to healthy habits.

I'm excited about Step Boss but hopeful some of the pm are good timesavers.

ETA Saturday workout - Lite Pyramid TB 1 set only TS.

Last edited:
Jody, that might be our generations definition of babymoon but it isn’t the definition for millennials!

I was so sore after my hike, feels like the worst days after the worst cathe leg day. I don’t enjoy that feeling anymore!

Hello everyone! Been missing again, have been working out,

Lisa, that’s so funny, I love the soreness feeling, like hopefully I’m changing this body. I’m not, but gives me the illusion! It looked like you and your friend had a ball hiking.

Jody, you too looked awesome on Facebook! Aging, still feel 20’s in my head, some mornings I do feel my age. We are all still moving tho!

Ronne, how was the trip??

Hi Tracey!

Not much here, working, still mowing. So glad the weather has changed, I’m loving the lower temps. We have football game this weekend. We have also started watching neighbors 4 year old after school, they needed some help, I forgot how busy 4 year old are! He did help me with some yard work tho. Maybe I can put him to work?? Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hello

Lisa - you obviously don't use those muscles when cycling. It's always a shock when you do something else, isn't it?

Jody - glad it's all clear for you. I know what you mean about not having time for everything. I haven't preordered this time. Decided I wasn't that bothered about step, it's probably the thing I do least these days.

Mary - You just can't resist kids, can you? Just as yours start leaving you need to take some more on!! :)

So Scotland was fab. We'd pushed the boat out as it was a big anniversary (20 years!) and spent more than usual on accommodation. It was very luxurious. We got some good weather so got out for nice walks, and could then recuperate in the pool/sauna/steam room at the end of the day (that's what you needed Lisa!). We brought back a bottle of whisky from a local distillery but haven't opened it yet!
Since then work has been crazy, I've been flat out. Just about managed to fit in Week 3 workouts but that's all. We're away again this weekend then I'm hoping for a bit of quiet time!

Ronne, sounds like a fabulous time! Quiet time is needed for recharging, especially for introverts (I’m one of those). I finally recovered physically and recharged emotionally from my busy week and weekend.

Mary, you’re such a nice person, not sure I would do that. I keep thinking how much the grand will change our lives. Not sure if I said how I had nice talk with the kids about expectations. Ie. I want to be involved, I’ll baby sit some but won’t be your m-f babysitter.

Hi to Jody!

So we got our first snow yesterday! Dh and I cycled a bunch m-w because we knew this storm was coming and we had beautiful fall weather. Yesterday (snow day) we did clean max. Dh said I don’t work here while he was cleaning and I replied, no, but you live here! He wasn’t complaining just trying to be funny but I nipped his funny in the bud!

Hi everyone, it's good to see your posts. I Took my mom to Tampa to see her best friend. I also saw my childhood friend. Since I've been back I've been working and will have 5 days in a row straight Despite that project Jody self care has been going pretty well. My last workout was on the 11th and I did some tabata upper body and lower body, but food and sleep have been good.
Lisa, I drove around Brandon and Riverview. I wonder how things will shake out around new grand? My friend kay told her dtr same thing about babysitting.
Mary have fun with the kiddo, you must like him anyway if you offered to help. Did you get the cold that hit Lisa recently ?
Ronne I'm so happy for you and dh on 20 yrs! Take care with work so busy and good job on getting the workouts in anyway.
Waves to Tracy!
Oops there goes my pre work meditation window, better go!

Hi everyone! Midterm week, so no classes until Monday! Mini reprieve.

Ronne, you break sounds fabulous! How is DD enjoying school? Will she ever do a gap year? (That’s a year off, correct?)

Lisa, just trying to pay it back in the world, a lot of people helped us out, the kid is ok, not my favorite, his little brother is ADORABLE! Lol! Putting DH to work! I love it!

Jody, 5 days in a row? 12 hour shifts? Take care of yourself! That’s a lot of hours!

Hi Tracey!

Not much here, fall has arrived, it’s finally chilly! I love it at night. Youngest DS turns 18 tomorrow, I don’t know where the time goes? Niece and her boyfriend are getting their own place, moving out this weekend. I do detest moving people, I’ll participate tho! Nothing else here! Hope everyone is well! Mary

Hi! Yesterday was LITE BW+B plus a long bike ride on a trail. Today was FS Shred Cardio and mom duty. I ended up with yesterday off due to schedule mishap- that was OK with me.

Mary, happy BD to DS! We have been checking in together for a long time because 18 doesn't match with my image I'd conjured up quite some time ago! I love your strong family ties and community spirit.

Ronne, I've been wondering if you've heard much from DD as well - will you go visit or will she be back for break any time soon?

Lisa I saw your rides on Strava yesterday when I rode. How cold is too cold for riding? Good job on clean max and recruiting DH. Pretty soon it will be him getting lucky to recruit you? Ha ha!

Waves to all~~~~ I might get to the movies and see Downton Abby today with my mom.

Hi gang

Mary - so, that's it, it's official, no more 'children' amongst us in this group. What are her future plans? Enjoy your week off.

Lisa - Snow already? Although, I would quite like to live somewhere properly snowy for a while. I guess that's it for the bike rides for now. What will you do instead? Can we tempt you back to Cathe?!! :p Although I know your neck wouldn't thank you.

Jody - glad you got an unexpected day off and that you're finding time to take care of yourself. I like that BWB one, it's tougher than it looks.

We actually saw DD at the weekend for the first time in a month, we had a family weekend away together and no way was she going to miss it! It's been up and down as you might expect. She got really ill last week and ended up on antibiotics which didn't help but I chatted to her today and she was OK. She's actually coming back on Monday for 5 days as they've got a reading week and she fancies some time away from her tiny room!! I'm impressed with how she's looking after herself, shopping for food and batch cooking and freezing stuff for the week (way better than I could even manage now!). She won't be doing a gap year, Mary, we can't afford it!!
I've just got one more STS workout to go (Friday) and then I've completed it. So proud of myself! And I am definitely stronger.

Ronne, well done!!! on STS! WTG to DD as well. My youngest is also an inspiration as far a food prep- definitely didn't get it from me. I hope yours has a speedy recovery. We take black elderberry as an immune booster but maybe its just a mental boost, lol.
I did FS CS TS and FS Push 1 set UB only and Pull 1 set UB only. Maybe I'll do a bike ride to new Sprouts Market opening later.
Have a great weekend, I'm on Fri and Sat.
PS I did take mom to movie yesterday. We enjoyed it- they wrapped everything up nicely and it was good to see them all.

hi ladies,
I forgot to checkin this week. I was a bit under the weather, we got our first shingrix shot, oh the side effects? we still managed to cycle a bit on both side effect days (12 and 10 miles) and then 22 miles before windy weather came. It's going to be blustery for the next few days. I hate riding in wind! We got the shot while we have insurance that will pay for it.

Ronne, well done on sts! I'm not sure what I'll do on bad weather days, but i do take more rest days these days! Glad DD is doing well, I never figured out how people could afford a gap year!

Jody, We cycle down to 45 degrees if sunny and 50 if cloudy. I'll cycle with snow on the grassy surfaces as long as no wicked wind! And yea, pretty soon I'll just be cleaning supervisor! haha . I've never seen anything Downtown Abby, sounds like it'd be good, hard to invest in a series DH wouldn't be interested in.

Mary, hope your reprieve week was good! Funny all kids are above 18, but what's funnier is that I'm researching MEDICARE! (for DH) . Getting shingles shots, yes I feel old! I have lots of baby quilts (play mats) planned. I've been working on recreating a TOTORO quilt. That's a Japanese cartoon character the kids loved and they are decorating the nursery that way. I'm starting to get a wee bit excited, it;s my next chapter I've been given in life. Even though the world seems way scarier than when I had kids! I'm working on embracing the next phase even if it does make me feel old!

Lisa, did you have some negative side effects from shots then? Both of my girls have loved anime but I don't think TOTORO was one. I'll be interested to see how that quilt turns out! I'm interested in doing a Palm Beach bike ride soon; really today or tomorrow, but since I'm doing prep (colonscopy), I'll avoid long ride/no facilities.
I'm actually pretty wiped out after 3 nights of poor sleep. My workout was about 20 min of PRS then some TB body weight work. It was not a good day to push myself so go me for getting something done.
Ronne, will you and DD do anything special or just catch up? May she have safe travels!
Mary, how is the shifting household and move out going?
Does anyone have one of those air fryers? I am considering making a purchase or holiday gift request. I keep hearing they are fantastic for cooking all kinds of stuff. That being said, my new philosophy is to treat my body like a Tiny House. Choose what goes in very wisely and even if it is fantastic and good for you, don't eat it if you don't need it. I'm doing pretty well lately and lost a few lbs- I'm back out of the 150s and eyeing the 130s.

Jody, YES on the side effects! DH was worse than me. His arm hurt more than mine but I put the heating pad on it all night the first night so I think that helped me. We both had the chills, I thought it was just the house was cold. We piled on the quilts, I had a headache so took advil and what do you know, I got so hot had to throw off the quilts. Told DH, he still just stayed under a quilt, FINALLY at bedtime decided to take advil (he tries to be so manly, i guess). Then we were just more tired feeling like you were recovering from an illness. Good idea on no long ride re: facilities, but then I hear you have to stay very near a bathroom so maybe no bike ride! And good on you for working out! And the weight loss. I'm working on reining in my diet. Cycling makes me so hungry and I eat too much and I eat to have energy for these blasted hills, so on these non cycling times I'm really trying to reign my eating in.

It's been so windy here (60 mph winds yesterday) so no bike riding here. I did tell DH we should cycle downhill with the 60 mph tailwind and have our son bring us back home....it might be fun, hahahahaha. I've decided I don't need extra cardio on non cycling days since I get so much when I do go out, so don't need spinning, or cathe cardio. I'm debating on VERY light weight workout with Cathe and see how my neck does. Ronne, I know you've mentioned swimming, I need to avoid BIG arm movements so that's a negative because of that. Any other ideas? I've been out of Cathe land so long I've forgotten it all. I probably should do pilates or yoga, but it's such a yawn fest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.