Squirt

Jaffas

Cathlete
My darling Squirt didn't make it. Yesterday she was perfectly fine and now she's gone. I'm numb. She was what I call a megacat. I've had many cats in my life and I've loved them all but a few stood out and Squirt was one of them. She demanded and received more attention than any other cat I've ever had. Every evening she would stretch out next to me on the couch while we watched T.V. She did what I called 'hand puppeting', she would lie with her head towards my feet and I would rub her tummy. It was like having my hand in a hand puppet. She'd lie there for hours and hated it if I tried to go on the lap top or play with my iPod. She wanted my undivided attention. I am going to miss her like crazy.

It's very poor quality but here's a video of her chasing and biting her tail. She did this almost every day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_pKmC-Pkk

Aww! oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that darlin! Well, I know how it feels, I've had many cats myself and it's always hard to lose ANY of them, especially one that's just a little more of a heart tugger. well...are you going to get another cat? I would LOVE to get another cat, but I have no money or time for an animal. most animals get mad if you're gone too much. I don't blame them, animals need love and affection like we humans do! well, hang in there! we're all here for you! ;):)

We have two other cats and lost another one to cancer in February. so we won't be getting another cat. It's really weird only having two cats, I had four for so long I wasn't even used to saying that we only had three yet.

Oh Gabrielle, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't help but cry for you and with you. I'm glad you have that video of Squirt! What a beautiful kitty. I have no words, I'm just sorry Squirt had to leave you. You'll be in my thoughts.

I'm so very sorry, Gabrielle. They take a piece of us when they go, don't they? I still miss every pet friend I've lost, some of them from 33 years ago.

I'm so sorry to hear about Squirt.

I've often thought that it's so sad that we humans love creatures whose life spans are so much shorter than ours.

Celebrate Squirts life and the love and humour she brought to you, and got from you.

What a beautiful kitty she was (I have a special fondness for black cats: one cat I considered the 'cat love of my life' was black, and my black Simon is a tail chaser--he's 8 years old, but still will sometimes run around in a circle trying to catch his tail. Funny thing is, that thing seems to know when he's about to attack, LOL!).

Hi Gabrielle,
I'm sorry to hear about Squirt. The video was so cute. She was very entertaining. I hope your other babies can help you heal.

Gabrielle - I am so sorry to hear this. I thought about you and Squirt last night and this morning. What a sweet video. Many, many hugs to you.

Oh Gabrielle, I am so sorry! I've been thinking about you too. I don't know if it helps, but what helped me when I lost my best girl 2 years ago was the thought that I knew she had the best life a dog could want. I hope you can take some comfort knowing that Squirt had so much love & such a good life with you.

I'm so sorry. I have 2 kitties, and I would just be so devastated if something like that happened. And out of the blue...

She looks like such a sweet (and beautiful) kitty...

(((hugs)))

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Squirt was a very special cat and she had a great life with us. She was rescued from the euthanasia list at the pound and I always marveled at the fact that anyone could dump such an amazing cat. She was extremely intelligent and loving. She was also tiny, everyone thought she was a kitten. She was about the size of a six month old cat. We got her as a foster and out of all the cats we fostered she was the only one that managed to worm her way into our lives. If she were still here she would be sitting right next to me doing her 'hand puppeting' thing and I'd me typing with one hand. We were still grieving for Slinky. Now the process is starting all over again and this time it is so different.

I'm so sorry to hear about Squirt Gabrielle!!! :( My heart always breaks hearing about someone losing a beloved pet. (((HUGS)))

Oh I am so sorry for your loss of Squirt. Sometimes we take life for granted even with our animals. I had to put my 22 yo cat down this past May and it tore me up. I still have two other cats and we bought a puppy in March. But my KeKe still has a very special place in my heart. I will be praying for you during your time of grieving.

Cheryl

Gabrielle,

I am so very sorry. It's heartbreaking, I know. What a lucky, lucky girl Squirt was to have you in her life, knowing that you loved her so much. I wish that (((hugs))) could make you feel better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.