So what did you get???

SuzMax

Cathlete
I always love this thread at Christmas time. DH and I don't buy presents, so I'm no fun at this game, but I love to read what everyone got. Oh, I did order GS Legs and Chest & Tricpes and Back, Shoulders & Triceps the other day. OH - and 2 bathing suits from VS for our Mexico trip in Feb. So I guess I DID sort of get something way cool! :D That's why we don't do presents.

I should add that my DH always asks me what I want for Christmas though and if there is anything I want at all I can have it. He's the best!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
I got a Polar F4 HRM - I'm very excited! Perceived exertion has served me well in the past, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the monitor says. I'm not a big gadget person (notice I'm too lazy to even figure out how to do an avatar), but I'm hoping this will enhance my workouts.
Merry Christmas!

I got the 10lb Cathe vest. Yay!!! And some earrings, Katamari for the XBox 360, a pink down vest, and some ear wraps to keep my ears warm. I also got "Twilight" book and "Weird Illinois" book. Was a little spoiled, but happy.

Merry Christmas to all,
Nan

uhm nothing from DH. same reason as the OP. we just get stuff here and there for ourselves anyway. My mom and a friend both gave me gift certs to starbucks though. I like iced mochas and I get my kids a muffin or coffee cake to share.

My DH bought me Cathe's weighted gloves, Cathe's gloves for lifting, CTX, and KPC! And the new Stephen King book, and a 10 lb kettle bell (which he then went and put non-skid on because he thinks it is going to go flying out of my hands). Then I looked over to what he received and he got all the CHOCOLATE :(, and other techie toys, but he got all the CHOCOLATE. :)

this year was fun

My hubby got me an ipod shuffle for my walks, a new set of circulon pans and a p-coat. I ordered myself the STS! Last year I made him buy me all these heavy things - Emeril's cast iron pot, 20 lb. weights..haha. He got his own workout. I got him a Powershot camera and a fancy razor. Then I gotour family a 12-pack of downhill ski tickets. They were quite happy. :eek:
My girlfriend and I just took a christmas walk. She got the Wii Fit. That should be interesting. Merry Xmas all!

Santa brought me... Cathe cardio/lifting gloves, weighted gloves, double thick yoga mat, cherry red body ball, Cardio Hits, Pure Strength, new sports bra, new Nike's, and some unmentionables;)

I was really wanting a pull up bar and a Polar F6 but I haven't seen those things yet. I still have a few presents to open, but I think I might be getting those items for myself (thankfully I got lots of cash, too!).

For Christmas, I received Cathe's Bootcamp and Muscle Endurance DVD. Also some 20 pound dumbells. And a gift certificate to a sporting goods store. That's the fitness related stuff. (yay!) :D

Non-fitness related, yet still very cool.... I received this travel jewelry organizer. Been wanting one for a while. It's got different "flaps" and each flap is zippered so you can put your jewelry in that specific flap for each outfit or each day you're traveling. I've previously used ziploc bags to organize my jewelry while traveling so I'm very excited about this COOL gift. :p

With money I received, I bought a new pair of cross training shoes and the Troy lite barbell that Cathe uses. (can't wait to try them out!) :)

I still have a little money left, so who knows. I got a few ideas.

My b-day is coming up in January .... and I have my sights set on Cathe's high step and some new workout clothes.

What did the rest of you get???

2 25-lb plates for my barbell!!!! That'll bring my barbell total up to 125. And wrist grips for deadlifting (these were from my trainer!!!) Oh - and the Bryan Kest yoga DVD to replace the video tape that my player ate. Merry Christmas all!

I love this thread as well.

Let's see.....my kids 'bought' me (in other words, I picked them out, paid for them, my mom took them to get them at the Lay Away desk...lol) an iHome iPod dock/clock/radio/alarm, a few good books, and Santa brought me a Wirley Popper, which I've been wanting FOREVER! My mom got the boys and I the Wii Fit. MY FIL and MIL got the kids and I a new 40" flat-screen LCD HDTV, which is being picked up tomorrow. I'm pumped about that, since every single TV in this house is AT LEAST 15 years old and fuzzy! lol

SO, well, we haven't exchanged gifts yet because he's sleeping upstairs with a HORRIBLE migraine....he fell on the ice this morning while packing up his car to come here. (I'm secretly hoping it would be a MARRY Christmas, but I'm not getting those vibes today! LOL)

Gayle

Last edited:
I must have been a good girl this year because I got lots of awesome stuff :D

A Nike/Livestrong t-shirt and tank top, Nike/Livestrong Shox running shoes (the proceeds of Nike's Livestrong collection go to Lance Armstrong's foundation and cancer research). New HiTec hiking boots, a gift certificate to Sundance Catalog (one of my favorite places to shop online :)), Dr. Weil CDs, Lauren Brooks KB DVD, peppermint bark, German licorice and lots and lots of tea.

My kids each got a teddy bear hamster, Fuzzy and Fudge, a ripstick board, the game "Rockstar" for PS3, books, games, CDs, gift cards, German gummibears, licorice, chocolate and cookies.

DH got new workout clothes and hiking boots - now he can go running and hiking with me and the doggies :cool: and vitamins and herbs to start his detox diet on January 1.

The doggies got new silver custom-made dog name tags and each a silver peace charm for their collar. Each got a can of Superhero Treats from Flying Basset (their favorite treats).

Our kitty got a bag of kitty treats and toys.

I love this thread, it sounds like everyone got great gifts. Merry Christmas everyone! And I hope your wish for a Marry Christmas comes true, Gayle!!!

Last edited:
I love this thread, too! It reminds me that I am not the only one who gets fitness related gifts...my kids think it is so lame;). I got pace weights and am so psyched to be able to use them! Also another pair of champion capris, leather gloves (for the cold!), and Coffey-Meyers new kickbox.
Haven´t been able to use it yet, between my DDs new Wii and DSs rock band:)

We got DS some adjustable weights...pretty nice, so guess I am not the only one in the family getting fitness stuff!

Merry Christmas everyone!

My husband got me just what I wanted: a new Troy aerobic barbell set and an 8 pound medicine ball. I'm hoping for some new Cathe dvds from my sister but I don't see her until tomorrow. My golden retriever got me the book, Marley and Me and he got the family Trixie Koontz's third book, Bliss to You: Trixie's guide to a happy life.

DH gave me a diamond/ aquamarine ring with matching pendant necklace, and a Burberry wool coat:D

My youngest gave me 3 seasons of Weeds on dvd. Oldest bought a Direct TV DVD-R recorder.

My DH and I weren't even planning to exchange gifts this year but he surprised me with Bowflex 52.5 lb. adjustable dumbells!!!!

My husband and I bought each other a set of Ader kettlebells (15, 25, and 35 lbs.) and AOS Providence and Newport. Neither of us has tried kettlebells yet, but it seems like something we can get into together.

Happy holidays to all!

Deborah

Sephora gift cards, my favorite gift!! :D:D An ipod shuffle, itunes gift card, gift certificate to Ruth's Chris steak house, body works lotions.

This is the first year that I'm actually keeping all my gifts. I got...
Tresor by Lancome gift set
the makeup gift that Lancome offered with a purchase
UGGs (my 1st pair:D)
Guess? purse
pj's

I usually end up taking things back because my DH overspends, but this year the sales were phenomenal!

Merry Christmas & Happy 2009!

From DH I got Cathe's weighted gloves, a Cathe shirt, and pants from Lululemon. We also did a stocking for each other so in the stocking there was 2 books, chocolate, stuff like that. The adults in my family draw names and my sister had my name and bought me some kettle bells!

Hope everyone else is having a great Christmas! Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.