Shaun T Focus T25

I'm thoroughly intrigued by this thread. Can someone point me in a direction for figuring out how many calories I should be consuming, given my body type and goals? I'm tired (literally) of exercising like a maniac, decreasing my calories, and not getting the results I want. Thanks!

Stacy,
Jamie Eason's Live Fit trainer has a good starting point for nutrition-
Bodybuilding.com - Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 1: Building Muscle - Bodybuilding.com
You can join the closed facebook group for added guidance from women who have gone through the program a few times-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/652991451384045/

Body Beast has a great nutrition plan and the workouts are fantastic!
Body Beast Workout - Body Beast Is Dedicated to Maximum Muscle Gain & Fat Loss - beachbody.com

Winner of of Body Beast Classic. FYI, she followed Sagi's nutrition plan

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...22582972.85781.392707760768175&type=1&theater

There is a closed group on Facebook for women doing Body Beast as well-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/535897616423248/

Another great resource Nia Shanks-

Lift Like a Girl

Last edited:
I'm thoroughly intrigued by this thread. Can someone point me in a direction for figuring out how many calories I should be consuming, given my body type and goals? I'm tired (literally) of exercising like a maniac, decreasing my calories, and not getting the results I want. Thanks!

These websites have been the most helpful for me:

Go Kaleo | Are you as tired of fad diet as I am?
Blog | Sean Flanagan Health & Nutrition
Should You Actually be Eating MORE and Exercising LESS?
Warning: 7 “Healthy” Habits that are Stressing Your Metabolism | The Nourished Life

I am proof that eating MORE and exercising LESS (4-5X/week) is doing wonderful things for my body and mind. It was not until I started upping my calorie allowance and adding more heavy strength training (not cardio) that my body composition started to change. And most importantly, I am at a very good place, mentally and spiritually. It feels amazing :).

HTH! Good luck :)

ETP Calculator | Eat to PerformEat to Perform

This is what I used to figure out what I should be getting. I went from 1500 calories to 2100 and eventually I will be up to 2400. Just taking it slowly and increasing calories every week or so along with carbs.

Thank you all so much for the advice. I've checked out several of these websites already and they all look great. I love the Cathe Forum!

I just finished Week One of T25 and just wanted to pass along my thoughts. By way of background, I have been doing Cathe for about 15 years now. I should also say that just prior to doing T25 I had been on a 6 week hard rotation of Cathe workouts but had just had a week of vacation and had not worked out in a week when I started T25.
Overall, this program is much less intense than Insanity.

T25 Cardio- This one is hard and he is not kidding, there is not one second of rest in the 25 minutes. I thought this was very challenging but while there were one or two points during the 25 minutes when I had to pause for a second or two (or 3) at the end of the workout, I felt like I could have kept going. Also, and this is true for all the workouts, the modifications are SOOOOO modified that I don't think anyone would get a true workout if they did all the modifications.

T25 Speed 1.0- This one is not as hard as Cardio 1.0 because you do get breaks for stretches and balance challenges. Didn't feel at any point like I needed to stop or take a break. Good workout but again, I wasn't wiped out at the end.

T25- Total Body Circuit- I would rate the difficulty of this one in between Cardio and SPeed. It was challenging and I think I took a break for a few seconds once during the workout.

T25 Ab Circuit Intervals- When I was doing this one, I thought it was fairly challenging but the next day my abs were not sore at all. Again, this is after being off workouts for a week. I don't think it is as hard as the abs in Insanity.

T25 Lower Body Focus- Good lower body work for glutes/hamstrings/calves. But compared to Cathe's leg workouts (with weights) I would rather do Cathe's weight loaded workouts.

As a side note, the program says 25 minutes a day for 5 days a week. However, on day 5 they actually show 2 workouts on the calendar but then say if you can't do 2 workouts on one day, just workout 6 days instead of 5. So it's really 25 minutes 4 days a week and 50 minutes 1 day a week or 25 minutes 6 days a week.

Overall - not as hard as Insanity. I like Shaun T as an instructor most of the time. And as a final thought, these may be good to supplement weight workouts but I can't see getting major results from these alone. Again, the modifications are so low impact, not sure they do much.
Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Same thoughts exactly. I was beginning to think I was the only one who got that impression from this set.

Hmmmm...I have insanity and just received my T25 yesterday. Insanity kicks my butt and this is what I was hoping for in T25. If not then they will be returned.

Ladies...Thanks for all the nutritional links. Great stuff!

I also jumped on the T25 train. I purchased all 3 phases. Gamma phase looks great. I previewed all them and they look great! Almost all the workouts incorporate weights. They seem to be all compound moves. I plan on starting this Mobday but want to start with the Gamma phase and go backward.
Hopefully I can stick to it! Wish me luck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.