Severe Weather

I second that, Toni!
We got belted here in St. Louis but it's only snow which I'll take any day over ice.
Take care everyone!

I just got home from work at midnight car temp said -24 radio said with windchill -40 to -60 below here in MN and forecast for Mon is COLDER!

Massive snow dump here in southern MI: I've lived in MI for 17 years, never seen anything like it, it more closely resembles PA weather.

Shovel Max on the agenda for later today!

Stay warm and stay safe everybody: don't go out unless you really have to and wear one more layer than you think necessary.

Clare

It's a lovely 13 below here this morning. Glad they called yesterday and cancelled school for today. No way my son was walking to school in this. We have probably about a foot of snow down, but they were working like crazy to clear the roads yesterday. Hopefully, the roads are clear when I go to work.

Be safe!!!

Nan

Everyone keep safe and PLEASE BRING YOUR PETS INSIDE!!

The deep freeze arrives in the WDC area later today and into tomorrow. Luckily, I'm still burning up excess leave, so I can burrow inside with my two golden retrievers (160lbs of fluffy canine heat!).

Here in muggy, humid SWFL, it was 83 yesterday and still have my AC on. But later today we are suppose to get some of your weather and drop to around 35 tonight. This morning it was 67 and foggy. I'm from MN so this is too warm for me for winter time. Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Here in muggy, humid SWFL, it was 83 yesterday and still have my AC on. But later today we are suppose to get some of your weather and drop to around 35 tonight. This morning it was 67 and foggy. I'm from MN so this is too warm for me for winter time. Stay safe everyone.

Massive snow dump here in southern MI: I've lived in MI for 17 years, never seen anything like it, it more closely resembles PA weather.

Stay warm and stay safe everybody: don't go out unless you really have to and wear one more layer than you think necessary.

Clare

Hey!!!!! I'm in southern Michigan too.

Clare

Clare,

I'm in Northern Indiana (Mishawaka near South Bend to be exact) and it is terrible! Please everyone, BE SAFE!

Denise

I live in the Northeast. We got dumped on w/ about a foot or more of snow on 1/2/14-1/3/14. Bitter friggin cold too. Now on Monday 1/6/14 it's a balmy 48 degrees and raining. Tonight drops right back to singles digits! Weird.:confused:

It's 39 degrees in North Florida. It will be 18 tonight. Tomorrow the high will be 37 degrees but we'll be back in the 70's by the weekend. I'm originally from the Chicago area so I don't mind the cold but I don't really have the proper clothes for cold weather.

It is cold as s@#t here in MS.:( The wind chill last night was in the single digits. Thank goodness the temperature goes back to the low 50s on Wednesday.

I don't know how you guys up North put up with the cold temps. I'll take my100+ degrees in the summer over this any day.

I'm in the southwestern suburbs of Minneapolis, and its so cold, its bringing out the jokes...how cold is it, etc. Even the schools are closing which is pretty rare! To add insult to this foolishness, the wind has been howling and the windchill is ridiculous! I'm a lazy Minnesotan, doncha know...I have run to the mailbox barefoot at times, but yesterday and today, I decided to put boots on with socks!

We live in St. Charles County, St. Louis area, and we got pounded with snow. 10-12 inches and -35 wind chill. I'm a Louisiana girl originally so I'm not a fan. Glad the sun is out today.

OMG!!!

Clare

Clare, I just saw you are in southern Michigan, I was there this summer riding around Traverse City and also went to Mackinaw Island which was sublime fun. I never thought a place could have so many fudge shops! Plus, I know you get tons of snow, you have had to gone out barefoot, just to dare yourself. I have a deck on the back of my house with a heated bird bath, every morning I fill it up and flip the switch and nine times out of ten I'm walking (tip-toeing) barefoot. After a while you get used to it and its actually refreshing in a weird way. Mind you, I'm talking a flash dash, I move pretty quick.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.