separating the workout or doing a circuit

Tallchick

Cathlete
To anyone who knows this,
If one has approx 90 mins to do a workout, which is better for fat and/or weight loss:
Separating the weights from the cardio (i.e. 45 mins of weight work followed by 45 mins of cardio), or doing the workout as a circuit?
Or does it not make a difference?
Thank you and I hope your knee is feeling good!

Bumping

I would love to know the answer to this as well since I have trouble working in both types into my workout.

90 minutes isn't short on time, so this how I would do it.

I would do weights using a 3 day split routine and then add on 45-60 minutes of cardio. The day that I would train legs, my cardio would only be 45 minutes.

Circuits would be good for a change to your normal routine.

Namita

It depends on what your goals are. I was my strongest when I was doing one body part a day with the gym styles, but now that the summer is here, I like to burn more calories and lean out. So I am trying to do more than a hour or cardio every days, and I also do some circuits and full body workouts.

do first the cardio to change your body from burning carbohydrate to burning fat as energy-bringer. But your body needs about 90 min to check that he better has to change in the fat-burning modus. If training is always at the same daytime, you can reduce the "changing-time from 90 min to 30 min.
than do strength-training
kind regards - Bettina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.