Ryka- Where Are They?

deanie

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and educated crowd,
I just went on line to order new Ryka Enlight II's and I can't find them ANYWHERE!!! I love these shoes and don't know what to get now. Cathe,(or e.c.) what workout sneakers do you wear or would you suggest? Thanks,
Deanie:)

Edited to say: I think today is your dr. appt.- Good Luck and I hope you get good news!!:)

I asked the same question when I couldn't find them awhile back. I called Ryka, and apparently they've been discontinued!!! x(

I can't find them either, and they were the BEST step shoe ever. So cushy.

I too am a huge Ryka fan. I have had excellent results with the Rhythm Step II. They are a mid cut studio shoe. They were repalced by the N-Gage Studio shoe, but you can order the Rhythm II from E-Bay. They are brand new and at excellent prices. I also use the Gym Trainer by Ryka, it is a bit lower cut, but still excellent for the circuit work and cross training. BTW ... if you run, the Ryka N Gage Solstice are awesome and you can find them practically anywhere online. :) Just a thought. I hope this helps you.

Jenn:)

Just called Ryka to order and they told me they have the Enlights there at Ryka only. They are also on sale for 49.99 and they had my size! So I bought 2 :p
Better safe then sorry, the woman said they werent discontinued just not being delivered to any stores. I think that means they are going to be discontinued!

Still curious what Cathe wears!!:)

As far as the size goes ... they ran a 1/2 size small for me. I had to purchase the next 1/2 size up, but that goes for all of the Ryka styles that I own. If your old pair ran true to size, then the new ones most likely will too. Do you have a shoe store in your area that carries them? I know that Rhythm II have been replaced with the new N Gage Studio, but I tried on the studio before I purchased the Rhythm II on E-Bay and the fit wasd the same. Just a thought
:)

Jenn

Thanks for the link! I was looking at the Ryka shoes available at the stores in my area, and no Enlight II's. Zappos had 3 pairs of my size left-on sale for that matter! I snagged one up!
Thanks again!
Darla

Go to Zappo.com I just brought a pair. $59.00 free shipping too!! They are sooo nice it is like walking on little clouds!!!
Becki:)

I just bought a back-up pair (brand new) on eBay for $45 including shipping. I had to go up a whole size in Rykas, which was odd for me (usually only 1/2 size for all athletic shoes). Seller was great. Might even buy another pair just in case! Check out her store if you like (she has the Rhythm II's as well) because her sizes are limited, but she appears to have several pair in the sizes that she does have.

http://stores.ebay.com/Shoes-By-Walkingsue7_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Good luck!

FYI Ladies...the RYKA's on Zappos are NOT Enlight II. They are the EnlightI. A few of us here on the forum found that out the hard way about 3-4 weeks ago. Zappos had them labeled incorrectly on the website and when we got they shoes they were Enlight I.

On a positive note, I like the Enlight I.

I also got the Enlight's from Zappos that were listed incorrectly on their web site as Enlight II's. I received an apology from Zappo's when I e-mailed them and they immediately changed the site description to the correct one., I kept the Enlights too because they were ok.

I just bought Ryka Affrim XT's and I love them. They are the best fitting shoes I have ever bought. I like them so much I decided to try Ryka runners.

If you want Enlight II's click on Cathe's homepage, then click "shoes". You will find the Ryka phone number. This is the head office and they have Enlight II's in all sizes last time I called which was less than a month ago. I was about to order them when I saw the Ngage's and he told me that the Ngage's had more support than the Enlight II's, so I'm giving them a shot.

Briee

Deanie - can you please tell me what number you phoned for Ryka? When I called the number posted on Cathe's site last week (888-834-7952), I was told that the Enlight II's are $70 (versus the $49.99 deal you got). I have the Enlights and would love to snag a pair of the Enlight II's before they are no longer available. Thanks!

Nancy,
I called the # you did. Maybe they were only on sale that week(march 30) I ordered the Enlight II's in a 6, same size as my old pair and when I got them they did NOT fit!!! Both pairs were too small. I was very dissappointed!! I actually sent them back today and bought new Rykas' at Dicks Sporting Goods. I ended up with the Affirm XT (I needed new shoes)in a 6 1/2. I liked them alot until I took them off and now have a blister on my heel. So I am back to square one myself. :(
Hope you have better luck.

Deanie - thanks for the info. I found that I had to go up a lot in my latest Rykas. I usually wear a 6.5 in street shoes, and buy a 7 in athletic shoes. In Rykas (both the Enlight and the N-gage XT's) I had to by an 8! They feel big on me, but in the 7.5's, it felt like my toes were touching. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't appear that any stores around me carry Rykas, so I always have to order online.

Thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.