Ryan O'Neal...disturbing...

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
Ok, so this is totally non-workout related, but when I heard this I was totally skeeved out...

Ryan O'Neal apparently hit on his own daughter at Farrah's funeral!! He was estranged from his daughter (Tatum), and obviously didn't recognize her. She went up to him to hug him and he asked her out!

I don't know what's more disturbing - him not knowing his own daughter, or the fact that he was hitting on someone at his girlfriend's funeral.

I heard that Farrah left him nothing in her will... Way to go, Farrah!!!

I'm done venting, now gotta do Bootcamp...

Disturbing and very sad.

I don't keep up with any celebrities or TV shows about them. I feel sorry for what has become of most of them.

Drugs, alcohol, 8 marriages, tons of children by different people etc. Kinda gross if you ask me. I would much rather be a happy unknown that a Hollywood Star whose life is soooooooo out of control.

It's a big shock when you return from another country and see the TV in the airports with pictures of Britney Spears crotch, Janet Jackson's boob and the multiple other catastrophes. It's only "NEWS" in the US 24 hours a day!!!

ellie

OMG! I saw the headline on the news and didn't bother reading the story, but I thought it meant that he had actually "hit" his daughter! You mean he tried to pick her up like a date? That is wrong on so many levels that it doesn't even bear thinking about.

I wonder if the media made it up? It's just too bizarre!

Holy crap, I saw that too! I also saw Ryan interviewed about a week ago & the guy was tanked. Frankly I'm worried about him. I'm afraid Farrah's death might just send him into a downward spiral he won't recover from. Hopefully he won't end up killing himself with alcohol or worse. :(

Oh yay - Laura has a happy avatar again! Ahhhh. Now I don't have to be scared :p

Back to the story...Ugh - what a strange thing. I hope she slapped him.

Here's another strange thing about that story....why did she (Tatum) or Ryan either one admit what had happened? It's too icky to even think about, yet they are both running to the news media to tell the story? Odd.

All you have to do is look at Ryan O'Neal and see that he's in trouble. He looks like an alcoholic, even when he's not actually drinking. He has ruined his health and his looks.

I was shocked when I heard this as well. First of all, I didn't realize Tatum and Ryan were estranged. I wonder what happened there?

He seems like an ass to me, but that's just my opinion...

If I remember correctly there were rumors of some sort of abuse (incest???) during the filming of Paper Moon...

IN any case.. O'Neill is definitely NOT well, what with all the physical abuse towards Fawcett.

Holy crap, I saw that too! I also saw Ryan interviewed about a week ago & the guy was tanked. Frankly I'm worried about him. I'm afraid Farrah's death might just send him into a downward spiral he won't recover from. Hopefully he won't end up killing himself with alcohol or worse. :(

He has CML (chronic form of leukemia) and at some point when Farrah was going through all of this he told her if she goes he goes (or that he couldn't live without her). She looked at him and said stop taking your pills then. I can not remember for sure which interview I saw this in.

Yep...

This dude is one sick puppy! It wasn't enough that he hit his daughter up, he had to do it at Farrah's funeral! Just unbelievable!

It's a big shock when you return from another country and see the TV in the airports with pictures of Britney Spears crotch, Janet Jackson's boob and the multiple other catastrophes. It's only "NEWS" in the US 24 hours a day!!!

ellie

Disturbing, isn't it? We're becoming a nation of self involved dolts who have no idea the horrors faced by others in the world.

I recently hosted a dinner in my home for a missionary from Africa through my church. He told me and my other guests how amazed he was at what middle-class America was actually like. He said in Africa they think we're all like Hollywood, because that's what they see on TV. That shocks me (and embarrasses me!) that they think that's what Americans are like. Other countries have us real people so wrong! :(

If I remember correctly there were rumors of some sort of abuse (incest???) during the filming of Paper Moon...

IN any case.. O'Neill is definitely NOT well, what with all the physical abuse towards Fawcett.

I think their issues started when she stole the show and won an Oscar for Pape Moon

well, that is pretty disgusting. i had no idea about any of this. but, i thought it was so ironic that he starred in "Love Story" and it ended up his real story. he was abusive to farrah? didn't know that. then, why'd she stay w/him? not like she didn't have the money to.
and , i thought tatum was so cute in "Paper Moon".
cathy

I recently hosted a dinner in my home for a missionary from Africa through my church. He told me and my other guests how amazed he was at what middle-class America was actually like. He said in Africa they think we're all like Hollywood, because that's what they see on TV. That shocks me (and embarrasses me!) that they think that's what Americans are like. Other countries have us real people so wrong! :(

Darlene, I had this same experience when I lived overseas in the Middle East. They thought we all lived like Dallas or Baywatch! An unfortunate many also thought American women were as "available" as the Hollywood women seem to be, if you catch my drift.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.