Rollerblading

Jenn38

Cathlete
Do any of you rollerblade? Back in the day I loved roller skating. I had a pair of rollerblades at one time but didn't use them much but I'm thinking of investing in another pair.

As much as I love all my DVDs I would like to get outside more, and skating is more fun then walking. :)

yes

Do any of you rollerblade? Back in the day I loved roller skating. I had a pair of rollerblades at one time but didn't use them much but I'm thinking of investing in another pair.

As much as I love all my DVDs I would like to get outside more, and skating is more fun then walking. :)

I use to rollerblade more, and have a pair and want to do it again. It's been too hot this summer but fall is almost here and I will do it when it cools down. I sweat too much in the fall/winter anyway so I think I'd die in the summer if I tried to do it then.

I can't wait to do it again, I keep looking at my blades and can't wait to go again.

autumn

What type of skates do you own? Do you think all the pads are necessary for elbow, knees& wrists? I'm great on 4 wheels but don't have a lot of experience with blades any tips?

I rollerblade a lot, although this summer was more running. I'm pretty good, but wear all of the pads and when I do have the occasional spill I am so glad :D A friend who is a physical therapist said that the elbow is the hardest joint to fix.

I have K2s with a soft boot. The wheels are the important thing...depending on what you want. Just found a good site with things to look for when buying skates etc.

http://www.dicksportinggoods.com/in...33.2716595.2716606.2734286&infoType=infosport

I rollerblade a lot, although this summer was more running. I'm pretty good, but wear all of the pads and when I do have the occasional spill I am so glad :D

YES get the pads! Tricia and Carola from these forums turned me onto these
http://www.landroller.com/
They are really fun, . . . the thigh burn is amazing but I am far from graceful on them. The pads are an absolute must. HAVE FUN!

I was just going to say the same thing that Janie did! LOL! Hi, Janie!

Love the Landrollers! Pads? ABSOLUTELY! Don't let anyone tell you that you can "get by" without them or without any particular pads. Inevitably, you'll take a spill and land right where a pad should have been! I've done it! Landrollers are fabulous and easier to maintain than traditional rollerblades. Oh, yeah, get a helmet too! You just never know! I look like an alien when I go out, but at least I know I won't get seriously injured!

Have fun!

I wear knee, wrist and elbow pads. I don't wear a helmot b/c I can't see falling on my head. I think it's overkill and give me hat head in the worst way. If I fell twd my head, I'd use my arms to break the fall. That's just me.
autumn

As long as you know you won't hit your head! Where I blade, there are speed cyclists (who should be on the road, not the path anyway, but that's a rant for another day) and they are constantly staring down at the path and not ahead of them. If you fall, you could easily get run over by one of them! The path also goes along the water and, as slim as the chance may be, there is still a risk of falling on the rocky side towards the water. It's not all that dangerous really. I'm just paranoid! I also began my rollerblading on the road down south and you never want to be without a helmet on the road! We used to take the downhills pretty fast! LOL! Okay, I'm just a risk-taking speed junkie! Or, at least, I used to be!

I look like an alien when I go out, but at least I know I won't get seriously injured!

Hey Tricia!! Girl where have you been?
I wear a helmet too. I don't think that it is overkill, . . .I fell back once and was glad I had it on. The only thing I don't wear are elbow pads.
By the way Tricia, . . .I seriously doubt you look like an alien, . . me on the other hand I look like an non graceful alien.

I do sometimes with my dogs. I got a pair like Cesar Milan wears and they're great for the roads. If I'm going without the dogs on something more even, then I use regular blades. SO much fun! It makes you feel like a teenager.

You rollerbladers are amazing! I just was never able to feel comfortable and in control the handful of times I gave it a try.

I have tried rollerblading and have issues stopping before I run into cars and trees, so I usually have to throw myself to the ground. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.