Rockout Knockout

fitness buff

I did this w/o last night and really enjoyed it. If you like Cardio Kicks, Hardstrike and Kickmax you will enjoy this one too. I like that there are 3 different sections offered for variety, but there is "no time for down time!" My heart stayed up there throughtout. Although Cathe only uses gloves for the second section, I did wear mine for all three so the intensity never let up. The music was really fun and energizing. Hardstrikes was my favorite of Xtrain and this even exceeds hardstrikes. I really like that she uses more legs in this w/o too. I didn;t get a chance to do the bonus bag (b/c I did STS before RK) but did review it. I thought it would be like Hardstrikes bonus, but this is regualr boxing and kickboxing moves with a bag so even if you don;t have a bag (like me) it will still make a great w/o. Another great job, Cathe! :D

Thanks for the review---I plan on doing this one tomorrow. Maybe I'll take your tip and wear my gloves for the whole thing, too.

I did this one this morning and LOVED it. It reminded me so so much of Kick Punch and Crunch with Hardstrikes thrown in there and even 4DS kick box (which I love). I loved it all - particularly the combos at the end. It made me smile the whole way through!

My rating :):):):):) (five smileys out of a possible five).

I didn't think Cathe could surpass Hardstikes or K,P,&J, but this one is magnificent. It takes the best elements of all her MMA-type workouts and melds them into a fun, challenging, fast-moving workout. It's not a rehash, there are a lot of new, creative moves. Good warm up that gets your arms/shoulders/legs/core ready---loved that Cathe added high punches (Susan Chung does these and they really do wonders for your lats/shoulders). First segment is kickboxing---punching and kicking. I wore 1lb gloves and my HR was really high. I enjoyed this segment, it moved fast because it was fun and my HR was pumping. Second segment, put on your gloves. Dare I say it, but I think I enjoyed this almost more than HardStrikes. It didn't last long enough for me, though. Last segment, four combos and all moved at a reasonable, but HR-increasing pace if you put your body into it. I really enjoyed these combos---new combinations of punch/kicks---and they were all low impact. I especially loved the last one because it was all punching, no kicks.

Cathe showed a new (for me) way of doing hooks, so you have two options -- the regular way (arm shoulder height) or with the arm lower/angled.

Music, crew, etc. all excellent. I didn't do the cool down/stretch because I tacked Flex Train on afterward (the only good thing about being a Fed'l Employee---I'm not allowed to go to work until Congress gets its act together, so I have more time to try my new Cathes---haha).

Tomorrow, I plan to do Greatest Hits and if we are still shut down, at least one of the X10 workouts.

I tried a Timesaver workout this morning and loved it! Lots of new moves and awesome music. I even heard a Madonna song.....nice!

I did this one this morning and LOVED it. It reminded me so so much of Kick Punch and Crunch with Hardstrikes thrown in there and even 4DS kick box (which I love). I loved it all - particularly the combos at the end. It made me smile the whole way through!

It reminded me of KPC too.....to me it's the best kickbox she has done since KCP...althought I love them all

I did this 2 mins. after the mailman dropped it off on Monday and loved it too. I did the premix with the bonus. I love that you don't have to use your heavy bag for this if you don't have one. I also loved that the kickbox combos were like nothing Cathe had done before. I truly felt it in my core with this workout more than any of Cathe's other kickbox/boxing workouts. I will be repeating this one a lot.

I enjoyed this one too. I absolutely adore Hard strikes, and I'm happy to have a new kickbox with more kicking. I like the new combos as well. I hope she keeps these coming!!!

This workout if a five star for me! I was like, "yes, Cathe is BACK!" I did the kickbox combos three times through to get them down pat, and on the last go around, I changed the music to no vocals. I have to say I enjoyed it better without the vocals and will try the whole thing that way next time. I can't wait to try it again!:)

I haven't tried any of the triple tracks options. With the no vocal, do you still hear music or is it just Cathe talking? I've now done this one 2 times I love it so much. The first time, I did everything, even the heavy bag. The second time I needed a shorter workout, so I did one of the premixes and still loved it. I didn't thing Cathe could beat kick,punch, & crunch, but she did. I love the new combos in here and I love the kicking.

I did the heavy bag bonus this morning and give it :):):):) (out of 5 possible). The pros---Lots of punching, new & fun combos. There are kicks, too, but there is no moving around the bag, like the HB bonus in MMA boxing (a positive--I find that awkward). The cons---it isn't long enough. I'd love to have a solid 20 minute punching workout, Cathe-style (hint, hint for the next DVD series. haha). I also don't dig the burpees, but it might be a matter of getting used to doing them.

Music is good, but I didn't notice it much because I was focused on the choreography. Amanda is my inspiration for the entire DVD---she is one tough chick, just like Lorraine!

I did the heavy bag bonus this morning and give it :):):):) (out of 5 possible). The pros---Lots of punching, new & fun combos. There are kicks, too, but there is no moving around the bag, like the HB bonus in MMA boxing (a positive--I find that awkward). The cons---it isn't long enough. I'd love to have a solid 20 minute punching workout, Cathe-style (hint, hint for the next DVD series. haha). I also don't dig the burpees, but it might be a matter of getting used to doing them.

Music is good, but I didn't notice it much because I was focused on the choreography. Amanda is my inspiration for the entire DVD---she is one tough chick, just like Lorraine!

This was the first workout I did and loved it. I agree that the heavy bag would have been great if longer. My fav. heavy bag is the MMA Boxing. I these kind of burpees because I can do them, I'm not a big fan of the pushup burpee with the discs. I plan on doing this one again today.

Loved this one, too... wow, did I work up a good sweat and felt like I got a great upper body workout. Kudos to Cathe for this one.

My rating :):):):):) (five smileys out of a possible five).

I didn't think Cathe could surpass Hardstikes or K,P,&J, but this one is magnificent. It takes the best elements of all her MMA-type workouts and melds them into a fun, challenging, fast-moving workout. It's not a rehash, there are a lot of new, creative moves. Good warm up that gets your arms/shoulders/legs/core ready---loved that Cathe added high punches (Susan Chung does these and they really do wonders for your lats/shoulders). First segment is kickboxing---punching and kicking. I wore 1lb gloves and my HR was really high. I enjoyed this segment, it moved fast because it was fun and my HR was pumping. Second segment, put on your gloves. Dare I say it, but I think I enjoyed this almost more than HardStrikes. It didn't last long enough for me, though. Last segment, four combos and all moved at a reasonable, but HR-increasing pace if you put your body into it. I really enjoyed these combos---new combinations of punch/kicks---and they were all low impact. I especially loved the last one because it was all punching, no kicks.

Cathe showed a new (for me) way of doing hooks, so you have two options -- the regular way (arm shoulder height) or with the arm lower/angled.

Music, crew, etc. all excellent. I didn't do the cool down/stretch because I tacked Flex Train on afterward (the only good thing about being a Fed'l Employee---I'm not allowed to go to work until Congress gets its act together, so I have more time to try my new Cathes---haha).

Tomorrow, I plan to do Greatest Hits and if we are still shut down, at least one of the X10 workouts.

What a great post/review. I did this yesterday and I absolutely agree that she has combined all the best of the MMA's and kickbox workouts into this one. The music is AWESOME! I know its a good when I can't figure out all the combo's the first time around. (i'm such a clutz.)

I love this workout as well! I would love a longer heavy bag secton as well. This was the first thing I tried and it actually got me to smile!! I had been so depressed but I knew Cathe would get me to feel better so I love love hard strikes so I decides to give this a go and it's the only thing that made me smile when I gave been alone in four weeks!! The lockbox combos were not my fav but that's because it was hard for me to get the choreography, my HR when back down in this part but I am hoping that once I learn it I can squat deeper punch harder and it may help keep the HR up there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.