Results from ICE....

I was wondering the same thing. I consider myself an mid level intermediate exerciser and was wondering what type of results shall I expect from the ICE series. Strength wise, I am very good at, cardio wise, not so much. I get the best results from weight training if I work each body part twice a week. The upper and lower body workouts from the ice series seems sort of easy for me, so I have been doing the double up premixes twice a week. I would love to hear the results people are getting from this series. I have only been doing the workouts for about 2 weeks, too soon for any noticable changes

I started needing to get back into shape after 3 months when I couldn't workout. I've gone down one size and have some muscle tone. Obviously I am also eating a cleaner diet.
I am, needless to say, very pleased with these workouts! They are very very good for getting me back in the game. Cathe put together an excellent program. Sometimes I modify. Sometimes I make the movements more intense. Easy to make them work for me.

Last edited:
I don't think that STS and ICE can really be compared too well - STS seems more like a progressive strength program using linear periodization. To me, ICE is a lot more cardio based. I love ALL things Cathe, but I prefer programs that allow for a bit more heavier lifts. Sure you can modify ICE to lift heavier, but (for me) I just can't hoist around 50-60# for 16 reps on many exercises. When I think about times when I had to stop working out (ie during pregnancy), ICE would have been a perfect program to transition back into my workouts. That being said, I think both programs are great for different reasons depending on your goals. I finished STS in December and started ICE in January - I was initially a bit disappointed that there was limited heavy lifting (aside from the brief meltdowns), but after finishing up STS moving to lighter weights was a good recovery for me. I am now doing the ICE/X-train rotation and then next month will move to the ICE/Ripped wHIIT rotation. This loosely works for my (periodization) goals of endurance, hypertrophy, and strength.

@Jdnara, how is the ICE/X-train rotation? I'm scheduled to start that next week.

I saw great gains in my upper body using the ICE Muscle Meltdowns 5 days a week. No real gains in my lower body from ICE though.

I saw great gains in my upper body using the ICE Muscle Meltdowns 5 days a week
Wow, that's excellent! :) I do really like the MMelts, but I honestly found it VERY exhausting for me in the first week, so I am taking a bit of a break from it now & get back on it when I feel more up to it. I am doing more kettlebell upper body and some other of Cathe's stuff.
Wondering if anyone else found doing the MMelts as exhausting as I did?

Wow, that's excellent! :) I do really like the MMelts, but I honestly found it VERY exhausting for me in the first week, so I am taking a bit of a break from it now & get back on it when I feel more up to it. I am doing more kettlebell upper body and some other of Cathe's stuff.

Elsie, yes! After doing a month-long rotation with them, my upper body was wiped out! I was going to go right into the ICE/Xtrain rotation but then decided to take a "recovery" week. I'm giving the upper body a break and doing some barre, yoga and light cardio.

I'm getting back into regular exercising and started using ICE at the beginning of the new year. I am totally pleased with these workouts! As someone else posted, it is an excellent series to get back into the swing of working out...these workouts are easier to modify OR up the intensity as I see fit from day to day. Initially, I did not start off with the MMelts. I decided to sprinkle them in during week two...SO glad I did because those MM's kick my butt! Sometimes I do only 3 or 4 of the exercises in the giant sets when I'm not feeling up to doing all 5 exercises or I'm crunched for time.

In just a month, I have noticed a significant gain in cardio endurance and strength from the MMelts. I'm having so much fun with these workouts that I plan on continuing ICE for February!

I felt the MM were exhausting as well but in a really great way. However I seem to not be able to get enough days a week in there for an exercise day for anything! I don't get it. I seem to run out of time fast anymore. I want to lose weight so I think ICE is great for that be because it is cardio based and the weight lifting in main workouts are not to heavy and MWT. So what I need to do is six days a week but I only get in four sometimes five and some weeks only three!

But if I add in the MM and I do actually do six days a week and do a couple weeks in a row then it is tiring! But I so love these workouts so much that I know if I did them enough I would see results fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had not worked out on a regular basis for nearly 6 months, so ICE rotation Level 1 wiped me out for the first 2 weeks or so. After the first month I was upping my weight from what Cathe was doing, able to complete more of the workouts and felt ready to move to Level 2. I will note that I have modified the Level 2 rotation, I can't workout 6 days a week and working out for an hour is as long as I can go so I do premixes of the workout and then change to the musclemelt down premix and stretch, it works and gives me a slight break. When I did I did what Cathe was doing and I was fried by Friday. Couldn't move felt sore every where, but in a good way.

I'm about half way through Level 2 rotation, but modified because I don't have time for working out 6 days a week or for more than an hour a day. I'm able to do all the moves, and have upped my weight for most of the MM. I did yoga the other day and found that I had more stamina and strength. I can do pushups on my toes and planks more easily. I know I gain water weight when I add weight training so not sure about the scale but my pants fit better and I feel so much stronger! Am looking forward to moving to Level 3 and then being ready for the other Cathe workouts I love and miss being able to do easily

Kschubot I am hoping for that ! To be able to do the other Cathe DVDs a bit easier then i had been doing them.
I love all of them but find I get disappointed in my self because I can't do all and every rep of her harder ones. I hope doing ICE will help me get there. Of course I need to be consistent

I know ICE is intermediate but it looks good.I am currently starting Meso 2 of STS and have look at this to do after STS. Would I still benefit from ICE after doing harder workouts, will I still get results?

I know ICE is intermediate but it looks good.I am currently starting Meso 2 of STS and have look at this to do after STS. Would I still benefit from ICE after doing harder workouts, will I still get results?
I would say so because remember it has blizzard blast added to it to make it an advanced workout. And the premixes really does add on Muscle Melt downs and the BB or either one. I would love it if Cathe would do this for all the workouts in the future because it would help target a wider range of people. It really is something there for everyone.

I've only been doing the ICE upper body workout for about a week and already notice definition in my arms and shoulders. It's now too easy (except for the push ups!) so I might do what Grad2010 suggested - double it up! I ordered this DVD specifically for the upper body and am very pleased so far! I even am using heavier weights than Cathe does for a lot of the exercises, which I didn't expect! Once I try Metabolic and Rock'm Sock'm a few times I'll post what I think as a newbie as far as results go since I am better with weights than I am with cardio (I predict lots of modifications)! :)

Last edited:
I've only been doing the ICE upper body workout for about a week and already notice definition in my arms and shoulders. It's now too easy (except for the push ups!) so I might do what Grad2010 suggested - double it up! I ordered this DVD specifically for the upper body and am very pleased so far! I even am using heavier weights than Cathe does for a lot of the exercises, which I didn't expect! Once I try Metabolic and Rock'm Sock'm a few times I'll post what I think as a newbie as far as results go since I am better with weights than I am with cardio (I predict lots of modifications)! :)

A few days ago, I did the premix from ICE upper body which repeats the floor work. It was tough!

Great idea Catwoman! I'm still new and don't know much about the premixes and mishmashes but experimented today with Rock'm Sock'm (and hurting in a good way!). I do need a bit more as far as the upper body goes so I just ordered X-Train (?) Upper Body Burn Sets DVD. Hope I don't bulk up, though, as one reviewer warned! But doing the ICE Upper Body premixes is a definite! As far as other results go... Rock'm Sock'm is really helping my core and stamina. I don't have a lot of equipment and my lower body is in decent shape (thank heavens for small favors!) so I'll be sticking with ICE Upper, Metabolic and Rock'm Sock'm. I know there is an entire ICE rotation but buying a step will have to wait. Added Ripped with Hiit Low Impact and the Body Burn because I don't need a lot but am loving Cathe's workouts! Thanks to everyone for the advice! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.