Remembering Sean O'Malley

This breaks my heart. After I saw the news on facebook the other day I turned on Volume 3 and listened to it just out of respect for him. He was a wonderful person, and what a special thing to have had such a positive influence on so many during his short life.

Thanks soooo much Cyn for the pix! What a beautiful person he was! I don't think he ever realized the impact he had on so many of us! Thanks for posting these great times!!!

My heart is aching...it just doesn't seem true! He was such a kind, caring and a VERY GIVING person! God bless his heart & soul! He will be missed but his beautiful smile & amazing voice will always be with us in our CC workouts! NO ONE could ever get me to RUN like him! RIP my special friend!!!

Debbie,

I immediately thought of you when I read about Sean's passing. I remember you were mentioned in one of his workouts & how much you enjoyed his programs. I'm so sorry you've lost a dear friend.

Debbie,

I immediately thought of you when I read about Sean's passing. I remember you were mentioned in one of his workouts & how much you enjoyed his programs. I'm so sorry you've lost a dear friend.

I thought the same thing. I use to pretend he was talking about me, but I knew he was talking about DebbieH.

Hello everyone,

It's sad to say, but I was not familiar with Sean O'Malley until this post.

I just want to say to all the people who know him, either personally or through his workouts, that I am very sorry you have lost such an inspirational and important person in your life. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you.

RIP Sean O'Malley.

Natasha

I can't help but think of coach Sean. I keep checking here and VF for any bit of info that may put my sadden heart at piece. Such a thougtful vibrant man to die so young.
I'll never forget the time he called my house to answer a question I had about a work out I ordered. He sent me the one I ordered plus Vol.2. I was in awe of this person I talked to and listen to in my ears.

RIP Coach Sean you will be missed.

Devastating news. Thanks for the pix, Cyn. What a beautiful soul he was and what a gaping hole he has left in our hearts.
Saturday morning's work-out will be my favorite CC (#5) in his honor-if I can get through it.....

I can't help but think of coach Sean. I keep checking here and VF for any bit of info that may put my sadden heart at piece. Such a thougtful vibrant man to die so young.
I'll never forget the time he called my house to answer a question I had about a work out I ordered. He sent me the one I ordered plus Vol.2. I was in awe of this person I talked to and listen to in my ears.

RIP Coach Sean you will be missed.

Like me, I go back and forth between here, VF, and Facebook (Sean's page, his sister's page, and the Cardio Coach page). His sister is supposed to explain what happened on his FB page because so many, like me, are freaking out. But right now I think his loved one's are just trying to get through the funeral on Friday. She knows many of us really need closure. I've been bleary-eyed off and on since Saturday. Pretty miserable.

Sean was a good man

Sean was the reason I pushed myself at spin...I'm a big guy and when I saw a guy with his muscle could do such incredible cardio, I wanted to follow suit. He was always a positive influence on my life and treated me well. I will miss him greatly.

God bless you Sean, the world is a lesser place without you in it.

♥ Cathe Girls - Sean's Nike Shoes

Video Link: Facebook

Attachments

• CC-Nikes.jpg
    CC-Nikes.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 56
  • cc-NikesComments.jpg
    cc-NikesComments.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
  • sean-leanne.jpg
    sean-leanne.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 79
I instructed a cycle class tonight, and used an older routine that contains music from Cardio Coach #8. I told the group why I'd picked this routine, and suddenly I began sweating from my eyes. It's incredible that I feel this sad about someone I never met in person. He had such a gift for connecting with people.

I love that pic of Sean and Leanne. I remember when Leanne posted that. I was both happy and envious that she got to not only meet him, but take his class. Thanks for posting, Cyn!!! Leanne, you will have that memory forever.

I too feel so devastated by his passing. When I read about it on FB on Monday night, I immediately went and crawled into my DH's lap in tears. When I finally was able to tell him why I was crying, he completely understood. Not everyone understands the connection we have with someone we may have never even met. I feel fortunate that he touched my life in such an inspiring way. I'm also thankful that I had saved some very supportive emails that he had both sent and responded to in the past. I will cherish those forever.

CCPP tomorrow morning will be done with a very heavy heart but in Coach's memory I will push through.

Ride on, Coach. As I have told you many times, you ROCKED my world!!!

Last edited:
I love that pic of Sean and Leanne. I remember when Leanne posted that. I was both happy and envious that she got to not only meet him, but take his class. Thanks for posting, Cyn!!! Leanne, you will have that memory forever.

I too feel so devastated by his passing. When I read about it on FB on Monday night, I immediately went and crawled into my DH's lap in tears. When I finally was able to tell him why I was crying, he completely understood. Not everyone understands the connection we have with someone we may have never even met. I feel fortunate that he touched my life in such an inspiring way. I'm also thankful that I had saved some very supportive emails that he had both sent and responded to in the past. I will cherish those forever.

CCPP tomorrow morning will be done with a very heavy heart but in Coach's memory I will push through.

Ride on, Coach. As I have told you many times, you ROCKED my world!!!

What a beautiful post Melissa! I also saved his emails and so thankful I did! I've always cherished my CC's but now, feel even more then blessed that I have them! Hugs to you and everyone here for the loss of our SPECIAL, SPECIAL friend!

Thanks Deb!!

Ever since meeting you at my first Cathe RT, I tear up every single time I do PP and Coach says your name. You will have that forever! What an incredible connection both Sean and Cathe have created with people. Just beautiful...

Since Sandra posted the news on Monday I have been in shock and grieving. Monday, in Sean and Jim’s honor, I did a cycling workout to Press Play and sobbed my little eyes out. Every time I do that workout I cry a little any way, especially when he does his shout out to everyone and you feel so connected...Vee in India, Debbie, and Jim in San Diego, California. It gets me every time.

Like everyone else, I lost my running partner. Sean came with me on all my runs, we ran on the treadmill together when it was hailing and snowing outside, and he came with me on my long runs at the vineyard.

I only wish I had told him how much I valued our time together. I thought about it often, especially when he’d suggest I change my shorts before I did so. I came close to writing him last week, after completing CC#7 on my spin bike, the workout is perfectly suited to spinning and I wanted to exuberantly thank him, but I left it for another day.

He will be so missed.

I am so sorry for his passing...but I don't understand all the silence on what happened. Not that we need to know, but so many loved him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.