Remembering Sean O'Malley

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
I've been in shock all morning!!!!! Yesterday a fitness colleague and dear friend of mine passed away. May your gentle (and very talented) soul rest in peace Sean. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire O'Malley family! For those of you who don't know (Coach) Sean O'Malley, he was the creator of the Cardio Coach program. He offered the most comprehensive audio workout CD/Downloads out there and was adored worldwide by all those he inspired. Sean you will be missed! Rest in Peace!

561149_2888500416942_1393153151_32316938_2120089607_n.jpg

I'm so sad at this! Why did a person that helped so many people and who loved and was touched by him pass? He showed how much he cared about life and people by wanting everyone to benefit from exercise. He gave many people free audio downloads, I was included. Even if you wished for one, he would send it to you. If you said nice things about him he would send it to you for free. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I want him back!

Bless his heart, he certainly knew how to live well. Bravo Sean! An example to all.

Janie

Last edited:
I'm so sad at this! Why did a person that helped so many people and who loved and was touched by him pass? He showed how much he cared about life and people by wanting everyone to benefit from exercise. He gave many people free audio downloads, I was included. Even if you wished for one, he would send it to you. If you said nice things about him he would send it to you for free. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I want him back!

Bless his heart, he certainly knew how to live well. Bravo Sean! An example to all.

Janie

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm still struggling to comprehend all this but I do know without a doubt he was a beautiful, kind person down to his soul. I remember when I first ordered his cardio coach volumes I had trouble with the download process having never done it before. I emailed cardio coach for help. Sean did one better he called me on the phone to see if I was able to do it or needed help. He preceeded to talk me through it and was polite, friendly, and very patient. I remember thinking wow, what a great guy boy if his cardio coach sessions as a good as he is its going to be magic in a bottle and they are. I'm very saddened by his passing and still in shock by it but grateful for the experience of cardio coach session I use all the time and value of getting to meet their creator via phone and how kind and what a blessing it was to have the opportunity. I think he is one of God's angels we got to have on earth for a time and then he got called back to help the people in heaven. I'm sure he and Jim MacLaren are up there right now inspiring and coaching people to be their better selves and to achieve it. Gob bless you Sean and thank you for what you did while you were here. You will be missed, but I'm so glad that you will live on in the magic of Cardio Coach to continue inspire and encourage those of us around the world. Its been an honor, God bless and I will miss you. I pray for hugs and blessings to surround Sean's sister, Colleen and family. ;)

Nora

I am also still in shock and disbelief about Sean's passing. I've done his Cardio Coach workouts twice a week for probably 3 straight years now. I just cannot get tired of them. I did Cardio Coach #4 this morning in his honor. I use to hate that workout and I use to yell at him throughout doing the workout. Makes me smile to know he could provoke such passion in me. He made me want to run. He made me enjoy it. I can now do #4 without swearing at him. LOL!! It's still not my favorite, but I don't hate it anymore.

RIP Sean. You will truly be missed.

I still can't believe Sean is gone:( Woke up this morning, hoping it was all a bad dream! Sean is the reason I started running, I love all my CC's. My first CC workout was CCPP, DD got it for me for x-mas a few years ago. DH and I had also had trouble downloading the workouts. Sean helped us every step of the way while living in Germany. He was an amazing man. Rest in peace, Sean! You will be missed! My thought & prayers are with Colleen and family.

Cathe,love the picture! Thanks for sharing! (((HUGS))

My heart is so sadden, I found out about this only minutes ago; I loved Sean. From the first time I purchased his DVD’s we sent emails back and forth, he was ALWAY's so kind to me. He will be missed.

Can't believe it!

I found out yesterday about the horrible news. I tried to do CC #2 today since that was the CD he signed for me, but I just couldn't get through it ( hard to run and cry at the same time). I invested in a treadmill because of Cardio Coach and learned to love running because of Sean! I never met him personally, but we emailed occasionally starting from the time he messed up my 1st order (he gave me an extra workout for free and signed it!). What a prince of a guy! I would make a point to tell him what a difference his workouts made in my life and how much I enjoyed and hated them at the same time. I hope it was enough...

I am another person who has been completely inspired and motivated by Coach Sean. I thought there was nothing that would ever make me want to run or actually grow to love running until I tried his workouts.
As someone who at times has a lot of self-doubt in my head, I found his words to be so uplifting and positive. I can't even put into words what that feeling has meant to me. It is life changing.

Many prayers for Sean and his family.

What a great picture Cathe, thanks for sharing. I was so deeply saddened to hear about Sean's passing. What a wonderful and talented gentleman he was! I use his Cardio Coach workouts all the time and he's made treadmill running enjoyable for me. When I hear his voice telling me I can do it, he makes me believe I can!

I even use Cardio Coaches when I run races. You have to see the look on people's faces when they see me running my heart out and passing them (a sprint or hill interval) then them passing me (a steady state interval). They look at me funny but I have someone guiding and motivating me in my ear. Thanks for being there Coach Sean.

RIP, you will be missed. :(

Kathy G

...just sharing some photos of Sean, our Cardio Coach
Love Always - Your Cathe Girls ♥

Attachments

• cc-cartoon1.jpg
    cc-cartoon1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Sean-JumpinBean.jpg
    Sean-JumpinBean.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 89
  • sean-turtle2.jpg
    sean-turtle2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 86
  • cc-flair-pg1.jpg
    cc-flair-pg1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Sean-HIIT10.jpg
    Sean-HIIT10.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Devestating loss - I am shocked - and so sad! RIP Coach Sean - your short time here you have touched more than you could possibly ever know!

♥♥

Attachments

• cc-visor.jpg
    cc-visor.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 65
  • cc-interview-Sean-Jim.jpg
    cc-interview-Sean-Jim.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 83
  • sean-cc2revised.jpg
    sean-cc2revised.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 72
  • sean-beach.jpg
    sean-beach.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 81
  • sean-guitar.jpg
    sean-guitar.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 80
♥♥♥

Attachments

• Sean-OleMissSr1993.jpg
    Sean-OleMissSr1993.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 95
  • sean-on-beach.jpg
    sean-on-beach.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 86
  • sean-piano.jpg
    sean-piano.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 98
  • sean-todd3.jpg
    sean-todd3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 82
  • sean-hisMom.jpg
    sean-hisMom.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 100
I'm very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Thank you for sharing his photos Cathe & RetroFit.

My heart is aching...it just doesn't seem true! He was such a kind, caring and a VERY GIVING person! God bless his heart & soul! He will be missed but his beautiful smile & amazing voice will always be with us in our CC workouts! NO ONE could ever get me to RUN like him! RIP my special friend!!!

Hi

I did get a workout in despite feeling so sad mourning Coach Sean O'Malley. I didn't know if I could do a Cardio Coach workout today in memory of Sean but I did. It surprised me I wasn't crying like crazy and unable to run to do a workout, but I did with Sean's help I chose to do Cardio Coach Volume 3. I ran through cool down at a jog and later walked through coaches notes love Sean's motivational speaking and to hear his voice. This workout was dedicated to Sean my favorite Coach, R.I.P love ya Coach Sean.

Extra Hugs to Sean’s sister Colleen and family at this difficult time. God bless you!

Nora

ps. thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of Sean.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.