Push It

Toni----girl, you look absolutely fabulous in that dress. Your arms are so toned. Those double workouts definitely paid off. :D

My w/o on Sat was a quick LB w/o STS TB LB premix. I remember when I first did this w/o and thought there were too many deadlifts. I think that was because I really dreaded doing them, convinced it would aggravate my low back. Fast forward 1yr later and I love and appreciate deadlifts! I think they have actually helped my low back pain TBH. I also appreciate this w/o now that I understand the concept behind it -- COMPOUND EXERCISES! This means deadlifts, squats, presses, rows. I wish Cathe would make more total body w/o's like this because they truly are effective.

Yesterday's w/o was 4DS Back + Bi's. I felt good afterwards so I decided to attempt 4DS Bootcamp as well. The whole workout went very well :eek:.

Toni
U SMOKIN' HOT, GIRL! DAMN ;). Just for the record, I have always thought you looked great :).

Heartymax
I know what you mean about the beaches in the Caribbean -- they are so beautiful, pristine, clean. The beaches here are nice, but you can't really compare them to white sad, turquoise waters, palm tree's.

Jennifer
Yes I substitute often. For back, I always find a way to do pull/chin-ups with my tower, so that means substituting some moves like pull-overs. I don't like double arm kickbacks, I like single arm instead, so I usually pause the DVD and do 1 arm at a time. I also don't do squats with dumbbell's anymore (I have always found them to be awkward anyway). I'm focusing on my depth, and the barbell allows me to go deeper.
I'm not sure about the oil explosion :confused:. I'll have to research that.
No, I love Burn Sets. I'm trying to think of the w/o that I don't care for :confused:. Hmmm, I'm having a brain freeze :eek:.

Have a great day ladies!

Today's workout was Butts and Gutts----I have a love/hate relationship with those hamstring roll ins on the ball. I actually did the floor work (without ankle weights) which i don't always do all of so I am proud of me:D.

Jennifer---when i think of an exercise that I hate that would be chest flys, cross body kick backs and side lunges with disc. As for substituting, sometimes I will do push ups in stead of the flys and overheard extensions instead for the triceps and just plain skip those side lunges. Countdown to the roadtrip!!

Gotta run. Have to eat breakfast and I have appointments this morning.

Hi ladies,
I am going to give 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps a go tomorrow. By checking in with that I feel I must stick with it!

Friday between glute sets I did 3 sets of 10 ball rollouts for abs (not hams); my abs in the little pooch/belly butten area were sore all weekend long... so this moring I did 5 sets of 10; figured I would capitalize on my abs being used to the movement. I always forget to keep up with that exercise; it is such a great ab and lat workout.

I also did another round of glutes... Single Leg back extensions, elevated split lunges, single elevated leg hip thrusts, and I used the Medium position of the door attachment for kneeling cable rotations; it works the obliques extremely well as well as the thighs and glutes.

I bought some light and medium resistance loops for class on Wednesday; I have got to get these women stronger! Walking planks with the band looped around their forearms will really work their upper bodies and abs. We also will do standing leg work using the foam roller for stability: hamstring kickbacks, leg abductions, and front leg raises. Lastly, we will do triceps presses and then biceps curls.

Toni,
You look fantastic! Beautiful and fit. Great picture, and I love your dress and shoes! Is that a bird tattoo on your ankle? I have a bird tattoo on my shoulder.

Hope you enjoyed a relaxing day at the pool:)

Heartymax,
Glad you enjoyed such a nice time for a while:) The Caribbean is definitely the most beautiful water I have ever seen but any beach is a great place to enjoy.

You're doing great with your workouts, I think; keeping up with the elliptical while on vaca, doing the full PUP workout, and extending the B&G workout! Yep, the coutdown begins!

Tash,
I realized after I asked about Burnsets that you have been just a little busy with Body Beast and that's why I haven't heard you mention it! It's probably High Reps that isn't your fav since you like strength instead of long sets of medium weight. I used to love High Reps but now I just perfer doing shorter sets with higher weights.

Great idea to do pull ups/chin ups for back. Thanks;)

I guess the explosion wasn't around your area otherwise no doubt you would have heard of it.

BTW, I saw a Leslie walking DVD and was SOCLOSE to buying it. I wouldn't mind trying to do more "barefoot" things but I do need at least the minimalist shoes because I wear a little lift on my right stide. Do you do the barefoot walking at all?

I have got to get; have an awesome day!

Jennifer---girl I am scared of you----I don't know if I want to do walking planks with the band.....are you trying to kill those ladies:D

Happy Sunny Tuesday-----at least it is here. Just finished Upper Body Tri-Sets. Haven't done that one in a while and it has some cool moves. Cathe can keep those fancy push ups (crossing my foot over)---Seriously---a regular push up is about all I can manage.

Good morning,

This morning I looked at 4DS C/S/T and really just decided that I didn't want to do all those pushups or substitute them -- so instead I did Burnsets Chest and Triceps; I skipped shoulders because I really felt spent after Chest and because I was running short on time. Of course I had to get Glutes in there... barbell hip thrusts, cable abductions, deep squats, and cable hamstring pushbacks.

I can do Shoulders and cardio tomorrow.

It is already hot and humid; chance of storms but we will see.

I wanted to mention a dinner recipe I made Sunday night; butterfly a seasoned chicken breast (w/ S&P), stuff it with chopped green pepper and jalapenio, bake it for 25 minutes and then put cheese on top of the chicken, turn off the oven and let it sit in there for another 5 minutes. I'm not really a green pepper fan but even I thought it was very good.

Heartymax,
You are funny that Cathe can keep those fancy pushups; I relate to that very well!

As far as trying to kill the women :)D) I'll watch them carefully and see how they are doing; I may have to change the plan but I think they will be able to do push out at least 5 in each direction:cool: It will take their minds off their abs:)

We are trying a new chruch Sunday and I'm very excited about it. I've mentioned how I'm just not really happy with the church we've been going to on/off for the last couple years but it was better than the other ones we attended; I think Craig is finally starting to have the same feeling. Some friends of ours have found a church that they really like so we are going to check it out. I hope this one is it!

Toni, Tash, TmJ, and Stacie,
I hope all is well!

Take care and have an awesome day!

Hi everyone :cool:

My w/o yesterday was walking a ton (we spent the majority of the afternoon outside) + STS M2 Legs + 50 hip thrusts w/45lbs.

My w/o today was Supercuts. I did all those nasty rounds of push/sit up combo's. I'm always 1-2 rounds behind Cathe no matter how fast I go :confused:.

My DVD's have arrived! I'm not sure if I will give LIFT a go tomorrow, but I AM anxious to test that sucker out asap :eek:.

Heartymax
WTG on doing the B&G floor work! I KNOW how tough that is :eek:.

Jennifer
Your recipe looks tasty :p. Will have to try it out but with chicken thighs. We stopped buying breasts a long time ago because the price here in Canada is ridiculously high :mad:.
I actually really love HR, even though it is high reps. It's just so fun and effective!
I do some barefoot walking w/Jessica Smith :).
I hope your class goes well with the bands!

Have a kick butt day ladies!

Good morning everyone! I'm sorry I have been gone for a bit. I got really sick again after I helped my mom get wood the weekend after the 4th. I can't seem to shake this cold/sinus thing. I keep trying to make it to the doctor but work got crazy again I keep missing the clinic hours. I finally started to feel a bit better on Saturday but then had a small relapse on Sunday because I worked until 3am again. However, last night I finally worked out again :eek::eek::eek:! I did Body Revolution workout #1. I have to say, I think it was a near perfect workout for me. It was hard but not too hard which is exactly what I needed since it's been nearly a month since I worked out. I wouldn't call it a weight workout like JM does. It's more like Supercuts or Afterburn. I didn't use any weights higher than 8lbs and her exercisers only used 3lbs. I don't think I will ever do her entire program as designed. Every workout is a Hiit and according to Cathe, you really should only do hiit no more than 3 times a week.

Toni
I'm sorry that your fibroid is so large but I'm glad it's not giving you any trouble. Apparently, my problem is the location of mine. Although I am having surgery to remove it, the bad news is that it will probably grow back. I have no idea how soon. It's a very depressing thought since my surgery will set me back $3700 because my health insurance is so horrible.

I'm glad you had a great time on your hiking trip. Your picture of you for the Lion King was soooo pretty! You look absolutely amazing! I loved your dress and shoes too!

Natasha
Are you getting Bella ready for school? I still need to get shopping for school supplies and everything else.

Congrats on the new DVDs!!!! That was pretty fast for you since shipping takes a long time usually. Definitely post some reviews once you try them out!

HeartyMax
Your vacation on the boardwalk sound like it was really nice! I'm super jealous.

Jennifer
Thanks for the email about the cake! I'm glad you liked the pictures! How was Montana? Your new avatar looks so pretty. Did you make it over the Glacier National Park? That's one of the places I have been really Jonesing to go to.

Btw, do you have an Ulta near you? They are having their liter sale right now! I'm going to head over there in the next couple days and try to stock up on Redken. I'm going to try out the Smooth Lock too. Thanks for the tip!

TMJ
Hi there! How are the reading and workouts going?

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Stacie---glad you are starting to feel better. I think it's nice to have a go to workout when you are trying to recover from an illness or just get back in the swing of things. A friend has body revolution and she liked it.

Natty--you have such a variety of workouts that you do. It sounds like you enjoy most of them so that is great! You must do your research very well before making those purchases.

Just finished a 2 mile run outside. I need to get up a little earlier next time because it is so HOT!!!

I started cleaning DS15 room yesterday. It was beyond junky. I got it to a certain point and then I had him come in to help. We will work on the closet today and I warned him about that yesterday. He "straightens up" but it was time for a good cleaning. I need to tighten up the rules around the house about them clearning. He started weight training yesterday so we are gearing up for another football season.

Good morning!

Hard Strikes with the conditioning drills was just what I needed this morning; a bit of cardio and definitely shoulders. It hits the back and biceps as well which was perfect:D

Stacie,
So good to hear from you! So sorry you're having a hard time shaking the sinus issue. That can be miserable:( I may have mentioned before how the Neil Med Sinus Rinse kit has helped me tremendously; it is similar to the Netti Pot except for the method of administration. I definitely prefer the squirt bottle, it is much easier for me to tolerate. Anyway, hopefully the workout is just what you needed:) Nice job on the 8lbs! After doing Hard Strikes this morning I know how heavy 8lbs can feel after a while:eek:

I do not have an Ulta around here but sometimes a place called Beauty Brands advertises some good sales. I still don't know where they are located, it would be helpful to have that in their commercials, but one of these days I need to look them up. I hope you like the Smooth Lock! I definitely notice when I don't use it.

Yes, my mom and I made it to Glacier for a whole day and a half. Not a lot of time, I know, but it definitely was worth the trip! We did a boat tour, a bus tour, and hiked one trail. My avatar is the lake at the end of Avalanche Trail. It was an easy trail, kid/family friendly; not hard and not long but it was beautiful. We saw a couple deer eating; I just always love to see animals in nature:) I posted a few pics in my profile.

I assume by now your neighbor's knee has healed? Is she working out on her own since you haven't been able to?

Tash,
Very nice job working the legs/glutes the other day; my legs were tired just reading about it... all that walking in addition to STS legs and hip thrusts:D

I checked out Kelly Coffey's videos, I had heard of her but never checked her out until now. They do look really good! I ended up getting a couple kickboxing workouts. I thought about getting LIFT, the Olympic one looks really interesting and would be a nice change of style; I probably will end up getting it one of these days.

You'll have to keep us posted on the new workouts!

Gotta get going; have a fabulous day!

WOWEE it's a scorcher out there! I went for a walk to the store w/Bella and by the time I got there 30min later, I was drippin' sweat!

My w/o today was the the KCM LIFT dvd. I did 30min of Olympic Lifts :eek:. Holy crap is it ever HARD! Very humbling to say the least. I only used 25lbs on my bar because I wanted to make sure to get the form down pat. All in all I'm extremely pleased with this DVD and I really like Kelly as a trainer. I will be doing this at least 1X/week. If anyone is interested in Crossfit-type exercises, I highly recommend this workout.

Jennifer

Guess what? NO LB DOMS from the other day :mad:. That was the first time I have ever done M2 Legs and NOT got DOMS :confused:. Maybe it's time to heavy up :eek:.
You got some KCM kickbox DVD's?!?! You have to let me know how they are!

Stacie
I'm sorry to hear about your sickness :(. I hope you've kicked that cold/sinus infection to the curb for good!
Glad you liked Body Rev! Sad to say but my love for JM has dissipated :(. For some reason she really turned me off at the motivational speaking :confused:.
How is Tyler enjoying the summer so far?

Heartymax
It's really good that you're enforcing cleaning with your DS. My MIL was always getting DH to clean, cook, do laundry, take care of his younger sister's, even at an early age. I'm very grateful for that because I live with a very clean man. I love my MIL for that :).

Bye bye everyone!

Last edited:
Hey all!! Today is was my Friday at work. I'm off until 7/29 :cool:

Not exactly sure when my last check-in was, but workouts for the week thus far:

Sun: LBB
Mon: 4DS UB Premix
Tues: RF Abdominal & Core Training
Wed: Spinning...intervals

I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow. I think some type of circuit workout just to get another lift in for the week, plus some cardio. Maybe DrillMax :eek: Friday will be a Ride or my strength spin, haven't decided yet. I'm not working out next week. It's my mother/son trip to San Antonio with Brandon. We leave Sunday. I'm still torn on what I will do when I get back. I'm leaning toward 2 TB workouts and 4 cardio workouts. Also toying with the idea of just a GS rotation....so many decisions :confused:

HeartyMax
Your vacation sounds lovely!! I'm not a beach type person, can't sit still long enough, but sometime I really think I need a vacation where I just don't have a planned itinerary. That is much easier with a kid free trip :)

Tasha
I saw your response to my question about back definition. I have STS TB and have never done it :confused: I might have to pull it out and do it. I know I will need to add some bi/tri work. You are right, very light in those areas from what I previewed. Are you super excited for Bella to start school? I always love when the kids enter a new stage in life. I really enjoy the growing up process :) Are you finished with BB? You seemed like you were pleased with your results? Will you do it again? I really liked my time with STS. I think I'm going to do it once a year. I think the next time around will be easier in that I know what to expect.

Jennifer
Your class sounds FABULOUS!! I love a good class at the gym. You never really know what to expect. You can just show up and go with whatever the instructor has planned. Of course, that works better when the instructor is good. But sound like a fab instructor :)

Stacie
Glad to hear you are feeling better, being sick is no fun :mad: That's a lot of money for that surgery. The medical industry is a racket IMHO!!

Here's my new rotation for the month utilizing the new DVD's I got :D

D1- KCM 30min to Fitness (Legs)
D2- KCM 30min to Fitness (UB)
D3- Off
D4- Plyo Legs
D5- KCM LIFT (Olympic lifts) + jump rope w/actual rope (4min)
D6- off
D7- KCM LIFT (power-sculping) OR Paul Katami Burn & Build (KB circuit)

Toni

Have a great vaca!
I had 1 week left of BB and figured I had done enough lol :D. 3 months is a long time for me to stick to something :rolleyes:. Loved the program and loved my results, especially w/strength!
What are your kids doing for the summer? Anything special planned?
I'm excited and nervous for Bella to start school. I love seeing her grow up but at the same time I miss my little baby :(. It's bittersweet :).

Stay cool everyone :cool:

Tasha--I worked in an elementary school for years and I just loved seeing the little ones on the first day of school. It was always harder on the parents:D. I was really nervous last year about my son going to high school and excited that he was growing up at the same time----so I definitely understand "bittersweet".

Toni---I know you and I talked about managing our weight and not losing our butt. Well, I have decided that I have to keep some thighs in order to keep my butt and hips ---so I think I am going to have to be content with that. That has been frustrating journey. Whenever I am at my ideal weight and starting to lean out nicely, I lose those important areas to me and my pants don't fit nicely so I am just keeping the fat:eek:

Got in a double workout today. I did Tabatacise followed by Burnsets Biceps and Triceps. The combination wasn't so bad since Burnsets Bi/Tri's is a short workout.

Good morning. Tuesday night I did spinning intervals while I watched the first Catfish show with a super happy ending! Last night was an unexpected rest day...yes I fell asleep again. I'm still trying to get the doctor to get some meds...for sure by Saturday since we are going to cub scout camp on Sunday and I don't want the trip to kill me. I remember that I barely slept last year during it.

Natasha
Thanks for the review of the new DVDs. The sound very appealing! I'll have to check out some clips of them.

I saw on FB that Sagi hinted at a new Beachbody program that will involve him and Chalean. Maybe she'll do the cardio and he'll go the weights portion?

Jennifer
Thanks for the tip on the rinse kit...I only knew about the pot and it looked like a hassle. A spray is an entirely different thing though! I think at this point no matter what I need antibiotics. A month is a long time for something viral...it's must be a bacterial infection.

I'm so jealous of your trip to Glacier! It's looks and sounds so amazing!!!! I am going to have to check out the pictures in your profile.

Thanks for asking about my neighbor. Unfortunately, her knee is still not better. The cap is still swollen and she said every afternoon her ankle swells. I think she really needed medical attention. It gives her sharp pains whenever one of the dogs bumps it. I had thought maybe we could start exercising again after I healed from surgery but I don't know now. In a way, it's nice to be able to do my own thing again.

Toni
Enjoy your time off! How long will you be in San Antonio? Are you staying along the riverwalk? Our room was awesome when we were there but I wish we had spent the money for a room along the riverwalk. Since you are taking your son, you might want to check out the Haunted House by Ripley's. I thought it was pretty cool! :cool:

Have a great day everyone!

My w/o yesterday was a indoor Leslie 3 mile walk + KCM Split Session LB. I would have to agree that this w/o is intermediate. The standing work is not nearly as hard as any of Cathe's LB w/o, however I really enjoyed it! The firewalker and floor session is a gem! I would have to say just as challenging as Cathe's :eek:.

Today I did 30min of Paul Katami Burn & Build :eek:. Sweat was dripping off me! For heaven sake it's a 70min w/o! If I ever did the full 70min I think someone would have to rush me to the emergency section of the hospital :eek:. KB's are awesome!

I'm off to drop off a bunch of toys at the donation box near our home. I had Bella pick out all the toys she was not interested in any more so we could "give them to the other children who need them". I think this is good for her :).

Stacie
Oh nooo Sagi and Chalean :confused::(? If Chalean is in a program with Sagi I won't be buying it -- she is NOT my cup of tea.

Heartymax
Have you noticed any changes in your LB w/all the running you're doing? I know you love heavy LB weight work like me :D but I'm sure the running is probably a nice shock to your body as well.
I swear I won't cry the first day of school! I'm going to try and make a fast, confident exit, and not linger too long -- I don't want Bella to see me nervous and apprehensive, you know?

Tasha---Since I am only running once a week, I haven't noticed any changes yet. I like the heavy weight work but my knees/shins don't so I really ease up off the weights. I do notice a difference when I use heavier weights though---but when I stop--that great difference returns to normal:eek:

This morning I wanted a fun workout so I pulled out Cathe's Cardio Fusion. I was short on time so did on the step routines up til Drill Max and that gave me a 42 minute fun step routine.

I am so nervous about the road trip. One week away!

Happy Saturday on this end. I have a family event today---going to my brother's house for our annual summer gathering. I have a few relatives in the area so we usually get together at my brother's house with his friends. It is normally the last Saturday of July but he rescheduled it since I have my Cathe trip next weekend:D.

Got in To the Max today --minus the compound core/upper body--because I was adding on pyramid down. I remembered to go heavier for back and triceps since I was doing pyramid down. I was definitely wiped out after this.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Quickly checking in before I leave tomorrow for vacation. Thursday was DrillMax. Only made it through drill 4. OMG was I tired from that shoulder work :eek: Not sure I'd ever make it through all 6 drills!! But I do like the workout. Friday was Ride. Saturday is my standard rest day. No workouts next week. I don't like to workout on vacation. I just want to enjoy the week with my not so little boy :D

Have a great week everyone!!

Hello!
The last couple days have been various glute exercises. Tomorrow will be upper body including pushups and cardio. I would love to do HS with the drills again however I will save it for another time since I have the new Kelly Coffey kickboxing DVDs; I will let you know which one and how it goes. It looks like it will be a great upper body workout especially with wrist weights.

Toni,
Happy Vacation! I enjoyed walking around the Riverwalk and seeing the tons of different restaurants. Watch your tortilla chips - the birds will flock to them!

Nice job on sticking with your w/o plans, by the way... I read the last couple days and you mentioned Drill Max and Ride, and you did them both:cool: Drill Max is such a great and fun workout, and of course Ride is great as well!

Stacie,
Wow, your neighbor's knee sounds terrible! I do hope she seeks medical attention soon... and that you get some antibiotics to clear up that sinus infection. Tis the season:(

I hope camp goes well for both you and Tyler!

Tash,
You did an awesome job with your Body Beast program! I'm glad that you are happy with your results.

Your upcoming rotation looks great! You must be getting a lot stronger everywhere since you didn't get any DOMS after all that leg work earlier in the week;)

How did Bella do dropping off her toys? I think it was a great thing to do:cool:

Heartymax,
I'm really starting to get excited. I was reading the agenda for Friday... sounds so awesome! Looks like we should pack a gym bag and a LOT of w/o clothes; I read somewhere about ziplock bags for the sweaty stuff. I'm already picking out my favorite w/o attire:D Spinning, Bootcamp, Kickboxing, Total Body Blasts and Barre, TTM meets AT?!:eek: Plus, I looked over the Sunday class before brunch... S&G, CF, core and stretch... I will definitely not miss it:)

Thursday night we went to the new church's info meeting/dinner. They are a serious church; lots of small groups and fellowship. I am looking forward to Sunday's service; that's the way church should be:)

Be back tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.