Progress, not Perfection - 2012 - Month #1

Good morning !!!

Workout plan for today... in preparation for Cathe killing me this week... yikes.. I've been previewing some of the LIS parts that she has on the 4-week rotation and I'm thinking my 66-year-old body is going to be screaming :p

Anyway... for today.... I'm going to do some kind of 15 minute warm-up (maybe an easy step routine plus some gentle squats and lunges), then do some abs and then a really good long stretch session. Get prepped for Turbo Barre tomorrow :)

Make it a great day !!!

bbl......

Good morning! I was also thinking which workout I'm going to do in prep for the week ahead. I'm a bit sore from yesterday's workout so I might just do some yoga, dont want to make my legs any more sore before Turbo Barre!

Have a good Sunday!

Good morning Stacy !! Yoga sounds great.... that's kinda what I was thinking with my long stretch plan for today... gotta get those muscles loose for Turbo Barre tomorrow...

Weighed myself this morning.... lol. Couldn't help it.....

another 1/2 pound bites the dust... which.. to me.. is incredible... here I am eating lots and lots of protein and healthy fats and the pounds are dropping slowly but surely... amazing....

ETA: as usual.. the tracker thingie didn't change.... I don't know why.. but it seems to take 2 or 3 times of leaving the website and coming back before it registers the change..... geeze..... It should show 2.5 lbs :)

I like the London broil idea, I've never prepared that before.

My carbs came in at 101 yesterday, plants were banana, sweet peppers, broc, mushrooms, tangerine, arugula, grape tomatoes, yellow squash, cuke. I also thawed some frozen cooked shrimp and had w/ cocktail sauce from the recipe which was pretty good.

Shrimp makes a nice vehicle for cocktail sauce, butter and garlic or fried breading, but in and of itself is not so yummy imo. : D

Awesome about the 2.5 Susan! I'm trying to be patient and just keep doing the right thing. This style of eating really helps to get rid of the carb crazies. I just wish I was some sort of instant dramatic success poster child!

Double dance day for me....

Tomorrow--Cue rotating spot light and music- y'all ready for this? Jock Jams - Get Ready To Rumble! (lyrics) - YouTube LOL

FnV...love the musical intro!! ;) It amazes how many veggies/fruits you eat! I'm pretty limited in my tastebuds in that dept. Dont like cukes, arugula, squash, or citrus fruits. I can do tomatoes if they're cooked or diced up really small. I know I sound like a 2 year old, lol!

I just finished 2 sections from Stretch Max, which clocked in at just under 40 minutes.

Breakfast was one egg with turkey kielbasa (100 cals for the sausage).

Dinner will be at my inlaws so again, having to make some good choices with what's available.

Susan, 2.5 lbs gone...great job!!

Hi, Dance classes done.

Have whole chicken in a pot for soup. I'll cook it tonight and process the meat and let the broth cool overnight and remove fat then I guess I put it all back together along w/ vegggies?

Stacy, at first read I thought you were going to EAT your inlaws...lol, seemed a little harsh and probably not too tasty. Hope you enjoyed evening with family.

Susan, how did your weekend wind up?

Deanna, : ( weekend is over, but I hope you're ready to hit the ground running on Mon. For that matter, I hope I am ready to hit the ground running. I've got work and class tomorrow so I need to get a lot of stuff organised in order to hit the door by 745A.

Will have to do tomorrow workout in afternoon.

PS, plants today were various sized servings and half servings of : stawberries, banana kiwi pineapple avocado and salsa. Not suprisingly, carbs are up to 106. Protein from a 2 egg omelet and two protein shakes.
I was at ER til 3 AM last eve and was off on sleep and meals today. Friend OK.

Last edited:
I'm ready to rumble tomorrow... lol Probably won't be able to walk on Tuesday.

This week.. for food... I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, but try to cut the saturated fat down a little bit.... and stop eating bacon every day for breakfast. I'm not that worried about the fat in bacon... more concerned about the sodium nitrites and nitrates.... so maybe every other day :p

Anyway.. just in general.. I'm going to reduce the saturated fat.. but keep total fat where it is.. hovering around 50 - 55 %..

I had a nice quiet day... did a little step warmup, some easy abs and a nice long stretch. Other than that... puttered in my garden a little, read a little... just a nice relaxing day.

FnV - yikes.. being at ER til the wee hours of the morning doesn't sound good. Glad to hear that your friend is okay !!!

Stacy - how did the food plan go at the in-laws????

Deanna - how are you feeling???? Did you sleep all weekend????

See y'all for coffee.....

I'm not sure which is better :p Being young like you three, but having to go to work every day (I remember it well and don't miss it one single bit.. lol) or being old like me and getting to putter around all day.... I love love love being retired, but I do not like being old.

Tis a bittersweet trade off for sure...

Turbo Barre.. here we come !!!!!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Stacy ... what veggies do you like? Just start with those.. and then maybe sample a new one... once a month?

I tend to eat the same ones over and over again: I like salad stuff (tomatoes, cukes, green pepper, scallions, lettuce), mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, corn on the cob, potatoes (of course), onions, peas, carrots and that's pretty much it. oh... and cabbage..... garlic..... artichokes.....winter squash... beets.

FnV - you are doing fantastic on your veggies.... I'm eating more.... trying to stick to my 1-pkg-of-BirdsEye frozen with lunch and supper..... that's working out okay.. makes it easy....

Last edited:
Susan, I love your veggie plan of attack, like you said, it is easy and you can run with it! I keep posting my plants b/c that is a big part of my accountability, what I need to do to transition.

OK, plan of attack for TB...all 74 minutes? Like, in a row? Can I do core and floor work in the morning then the rest in the aft? Do you think I'd lose any benefit?

Edited to reflect changed attitude, I may do core this morn and the rest after work. It will keep my workout to an hour. Lemme see how I feel after some coffee. I was in ER again last eve for a bit.

Last edited:
excellent question, FnV !!!!

I'm wondering the same thing myself.. but I keep looking at the rotation and it just says "Turbo Barre". Yikes.....

I snuck a peek at the premixes :p There's a 57 minute premix.. not sure what is left out..

But.....I'm going to try to do the whole thing... but will probably reduce the number of reps of each exercise. I always go slower than Cathe & crew anyway... so that automatically reduces the reps.

ETA: I don't see any negatives to breaking it up and I may do that myself.... do all of it but in a morning section and an afternoon section.

If I remember correctly, there is a fairly long warmup, then some light weight work??? (did I dream that??), then the Barre section, then floor work i.e. pushups, dips, abs??...

I'll start at the beginning.... but maybe do the warmup and light weight work this morning.... then barre and floor work this afternoon.....

Last edited:
quick thought...running out the door...maybe since she writes lower body for monday just a lower body premix? whole thing wouldn't hurt and prob her intention...just looking at overall body parts hit...byeeee

lol... nope.. there is no lower body premix... just a couple of shortened versions of the whole thing...

I'm thinking she meant to do the whole thing :p

okay..... Turbo Barre here I come.... lol

I'll report back later... assuming I can still move..... :D

Morning Ladies

I am feeling soooooo much better and finished my last antibiotic over the weekend. Satruday morning when I checked my email there was a Low Key race in my area, and was encouraged to attend by a friend in FL. I decided to attend, and only had one hour to get there. Needless to say, I did 2 miles and felt even better.

I am going to start working out again today which is Moday January 9, 2012. I am planning on doing Insanity. I enjoy this workout, it is all Cardio and very intense. I am sweating profusely during and after the workout.

I am back up to trying to drink 100oz if water per day after my Doctor's appointment. When I was told I was dehydrated and needed to drink more water.

Make it a great day :)
Deanna

Deanna !!!!! Yea !!!!! So glad you are feeling better.. it's been a long haul.

I can't believe you were dehydrated. Yikes. You're our Water Guru !!!!

Turbo Barre report :p

I did it.. the whole thing.... but....:rolleyes:

It took me over 2 hours.... First.. because I now do all my Cathe workouts at 80% speed (I am so happy that I discovered that option on my DVD player.. makes it so much more doable).

and... I had to pause a lot to catch my breath.... lol. Hell to get old..

There were 3 things that I just could not do at all:

1) what I call the doggie leg lifts. I just can not get my leg lifted... at all. Hopefully that will improve with time.

2) In the floor work.... I could not do the tricep dips on the mat... my wrists and forearms are not strong enough... so I did regular triceps with dumbbells.
'
3) A lot of the ab work I couldn't do... so when I couldn't, I just did regular crunches...

Other than that.. I did everything.... I eliminated some reps when my muscles were screaming...

I loved the 20-minute +/- weight workout in the beginning... right after the warmup. That would make a great total body workout when you have a time crunch.

The Barre work is good.. but tough... yikes.... she sure does a ton of reps !!

The ab section was much too advanced for me.

Loved the stretching part....

Then I ate 3 slices of bacon and 2 eggs fried in coconut oil. I'm starting to like the coconut oil !!! And the bacon.. which I said I was going to cut down on because of nitrites/nitrates... was uncured bacon that I found at Whole Foods... no nitrites or nitrates... but not cheap either... lol

back later....

I am not going to be able to move tomorrow.... and Ms. Cathe has us doing treadmill followed by step work with light weights tomorrow ..... Yowza...:p

Wow Susan!! WTG! I think you did a fantastic job! :::CHEERS:::

I am home from school,work and kids; dressed for workout. (Boy)friend in hospital requesting starbucks delivered. Hopefully he can figure out how to ask for a regular cup of coffee from staff until I can get there.

Honestly, workouts that take me 2 hours to finish are not something I would stick with, so triple hats off to you Susan. I previewed parts over wake up coffee this AM, I knew there would be some unmanagable toughies in there for you (me too).

Deanna, you had two friends in FL (me and whoever contacted you) who were thinking of you running this weekend, isn't that funny? I've been reading open discussion about the insanity, sounds like people are having good results. I'm interested in the program as well.

Stacy, did you do BG today?

OK, enough procrastinating, dble green tea done and I'm strapped in and laced up...

Here we go....

Last edited:
Fnv, when I want to sweat I always pull out Insanity.

I found someone on Craiglist that I get all my Beachbody dvd's from. So far Insanity is the ony one that I feel gives me a good workout. The instructor Shaun T, is Insane. I guess that is why they call the program Insanity.

Deanna, you had two friends in FL (me and whoever contacted you) who were thinking of you running this weekend, isn't that funny? I've been reading open discussion about the insanity, sounds like people are having good results. I'm interested in the program as well.

I have my 100ox container and someone brought some lemons in from CA and i just added it. I do not understand how I could be dehydrated when all I drink is water! I have coffee in the morning but the rest of the day and into the evening I drink water. I do not even sleep through the night because of my bladder.

woo hoo, TB done!

I decided to just run it and try to keep up, miss reps as needed, rather than lengthen the workout w/ pauses (Deanna, you scared me). So....I did a fair amount of, ahem, Bull**** work, but I still feel it was very effective and now I don't hate TB and am willing to take it out on another date. : )

A lot of the work in this one complements my dance class, too.

I noticed that a lot of the bar work was just floor work I've done before (and disliked cuz I don't like floor work) in a vertical position.

I also like the bar for the stability when I was hanging on for dear life....just kidding...I actually tried to focus on core and form, staying centered in my body over supporting leg, thinking that was just as effective for me as maxing out reps and height.

Much of the core work was pretty tough, too!

Deanna, I've seen Shaun T on the infomercials, what a cutie and he seems like a great motivator. I wonder what made them say you were dehydrated?

Stacy, I forgot, you HAVE TB, right? Cuz you liked it and the booty barre workouts...

BTW, I wore shoes in the workout today. I think it helped my supporting leg hold up longer.

So far I've had protein shake and blueberries and half cup of mixed nuts not peanuts. I should build some sort of nice dinner. Soup is still in progress. Tomorrow is...? will check....

Last edited:
Fnv, the doctor I seen was not my normal doctor. This doctor did not take or test any of my bodily fluids. He just listen to my lungs, that is it. However, I am drinking more water, it won't hurt anything.

Susan, I think I am at 40+ oz and still have about 60oz to go.

I have to connect Tre's (my son) dvd player to the TV in the livingroom or if he is home have him do it. The one I had been using will not open, and I am going to do Insanity this evening.

Whoa, 10 hour day at work today, crazy Monday!

Just stopping by to hear the Turbo Barre reports for some motivation, also reading while I drink a cup of coffee and wolf down a turkey keilbasa link (100 cals...gonna have to check the nitrites later, hmmm).

B--handful of almonds
L--carrot and celery sticks, low carb yogurt
S--turkey keilbasa, coffee
D--?????

Ok, off to do Turbo Barre, will report back later if I can walk, my legs are still tired from working out and doing the stairs with the taking down the tree thing Saturday!

Glad you're feeling better Deanna!!! :) Insanity....you're brave! I cant handle that one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.