Progress, not Perfection - 2012 - Month #1

Hey Ladies :(

I am really trying to get out of this funk! I feel like I am in a depression, I do not want to do anything other than eat and have a glasss of wine at bedtime. I get off work come home put my PJ's on, play a game or two on the computer and go to bed.

I did not do Insanity yesterday, instead I came home today and took Lulu on a 5 mile walk. It took us 1 hour and 9 minutes. Poor little thing she is exhausted, I bet she sleeps like a baby tonight and I hope I do to. No wine tonight water, water, water. Which means I will be up through the night going to the bathroom. :mad:

One day at a time, not sure what I will do tomorrow. Couple ladies at work are trying to get me to take a Abs class on Mondays at the Gym. I might try it to see how intense it is, you all know I hate working my Abs....lol

I will check in tomorrow.
Deanna

Deanna, Lulu can walk five miles???? wowsers!

I think that was a great shift back into your workout routine!!!!! I hope the gym class works out for you, even if you don't give it your all, it will still feel good to work out.

Susan, how is your cold coming along? Are you hitting the treadmill this week?

Stacy, how did the soup turn out? Silly question- I am sure it is awesome.

I went to a little neighborhood market yesterday and got

a pack of assorted peppers (1 dollar!) *avocado *5 tangerines *2pk blackberrries *1 pk strawberries *asparagus *broc. *4 pears (asian and regular) *2 mango *grape tomatoes *cherries *bag of spinach *bananas *white potatoes *sweet potatoes *sprouts alfalfa *beets *
all for 30 dollars, about 4 bags.
and free dozen eggs

Only time for a quick hello as I'm heading out the door to work.

Deanna, good job on the walk! I've been in many similar funks, they just seem to take on a life of their own. The thing that usually gets me out of mine is either total disgust with myself, a "just do it', attitude and I pick an easy workout and do it, or I'll just watch a workout and usually that at least puts the idea in my head! I'm concentrating on getting alot of water in today. I hate an attack of the Cheezits yesterday :( :(

But it's Feb 1st and my focus on food month!

FnV....great purchase, unfortunately I'd probably end up throwing half away b/c I'd never eat all of it lol! I dont have any veggies on my menu today, hmmm.

Susan, unusual not for you to checkin, hope you are recuperating!

It's a quick upper body and abs workout tonight as that's all I have time for.

Check back later...

Morning Ladies, I am feeling a little better today. :) I slept pretty good, and little Ms. Lulu was out cold. Poor thing as tired. She wants to do whatever I do, so I took her for that walk. She seem to enjoy it. She had her little trot going and was wagging her tail. :)

Fnv my neighbor did not think Lulu would be able to do 5 miles either, but my baby girl knocked it out the park. Lulu is not as small as everyone thinks, she is about 15lbs+. ;) I guess its the Homemade Gravey I put on her dry dog food almost everyday. lol

Not sure what my workout will consist of today. As we all know today is the 1st day of the month, which means busy, busy at work for me.

One day at a time, One step at a time.

My friend that I do the 5K's with has been telling me about a 5K/10K on the 11th. Since I was able to do 5 miles with the dog in 1 hour and 9 or 19 min, she feels that I should do the 10K which is 6 miles. :eek: I might try it. I guess its all about pushing yourself. However since I have not been doing anything, I will take it slow.

Okay time to get off this computer and get to work, will check in later.
Deanna

I was just thinking how this is now Feb and we need to start a new thread!!

I have upper body on tap for tonight and cardio tomorrow morning before work. I'm finding it hard some weeks to work out 6 days a week. If I have to give up a day it may be skipping Wednesday and then changing Thursday's workout from cardio to a weights/cardio circuit. Guess I'll take things week by week.

I'm feeling okay but working some hours from home tonight and still recovering my energy level a bit from my head cold. It's so easy to make excuses for not working out that I also dont want to backslide into that cycle :(

It's leftover chicken noodle soup for dinner then maybe a workout, maybe not, we'll see how it goes!

Susan...where are you????

I mustered up some energy and did KCM's Split Sessions Upper Body which included abs.

Tomorrow I think I'll ride the recumbent bike for about 40 minutes before I head into work.

G'nite!

Stacy, congrats on getting the energy to get your workout in today.

I will get help from my dd, who is part fruit bat, in eating my produce. In fact I will be lucky to get any berries whatsoever and the white potatoes were purchased for the girls, too. I ate about half the bag of spinach in a green smoothie today.

Deanna, I can't believe your little dog can walk that long, she seems so sweet and you two are good buddies. Did you get a walk or gym class in today? I'm short on water, myself.

Susan, I got an order from swanson today and i tried a new coconut oil from Garden of Life. I like it b/c it tastes like coconut, where the Jarrow one did not.

So maybe someone should start a new thread tomorrow?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.