PROGESS NOT PERFECTION...Knockin' November OUT!

I'm STARVING! All this weight lifting is making me so hungry! I'm tracking my intake on myfitnesspal but I'm going over. However, I'm not going over by too too much so I"m not going to worry about it...

What I'm concerning myself with is my workouts. Did Sh/Back/Bi's today, awesome! Love that waaaaaarm feeling in my shoulders.

Lots of laundry and a little vacuuming today. Tonight Rich and I are going to Olive Garden with his sister for her birthday, so I know I'm going to chow on some pasta. Not gonna worry about it too much. My muscles are starvin'!

Okay Tuesday I baked cookies and moved a bunch of boxes of fabric from Hubby's office to my sewing room. These are 'paper sized' boxes that stack neatly in a corner behind the always open closet door, so we tend to forget they are there. The combo of the boxes and cookies made my back hurt, but I'm not sure why. Wed after Bible study I made a proto-type of a 'project bag', this is a sewn drawstring bag designed to put into another bag {such as a big purse} without getting your yarn tangled or damaged. I'd never seen one before until a Knitting Buddy showed me one that she had won in an online contest. My version turned out OK but not great, I could do better. Today I spent a couple hours making another version which is better {its lined and is bigger} but still not great. I forgt to leave the openings for the drawstrings so had to cut them open, which will fray, among other issues. Knit Night is tonight so at least I get to show them off. I left the empty boxes stacked in the middle of Hubby's office, hoping that I can reduce some house clutter by storing some seasonal or little used things that I don't want to end up in the attic or garage. And there's still 3 boxes of fabric and unfinished projects in my sewing room which I'm not sure what to do with. They may get stuck back in Hubby's office.

Andrea, Love Olive Garden. Hubby and I had the soup, salad, and breadsticks Monday for lunch! Mom gave me a recipe for Pear cake with brown butter cream cheese icing which made me think of you. Send some feel awesome my way, please?

Stacy, I like to split the IMAX workouts up also. I haven't done step in a very long time however. I made broccoli last night and then had it the night before also.

I'm beat, another long grueling 11 hr work day. No workout tonight for me.

Eating was decent today had oatmeal and a glass of milk for breakfast and raw veggies with dip for lunch. We're doing Chinese takeout for dinner, I'm just getting soup and one egg roll. I was down 1 lb this morning so that makes 5 lbs now, slow and steady.

I'm working all weekend and I'm dreading it already. Hoping to find a few free minutes to do some sort of workout. I'm planning on getting up a little early tomorrow and doing the Athletic Training Leg Cardio Express premix and then abs, should take about 40 minutes, I cant wake myself up enough to do anything more than that in the mornings.

Last edited:
Well I didn't do too badly at Olive Garden last night, only had a little bit of salad, no bread, (i seriously don't like their breadsticks, am I the only one?) and their Seafood Brodetto which was a tomato broth with shrimp, scallops, and tilapia and spinach. Not bad! Oh and one beer.

Supposed to be a cardio day for me, and hoping to do KPC Cardio Conditioning but it may end up just being a dog walk. Hubby is home and in my business so that limits my time. He and my dog Nelson are just walking time-sucks! ha ha I tease them about that all the time. Pinto doesn't require much from me :) Good girl!

UUUGUGGGGHHHHH I am so dreading work this weekend as well. I am scheduled to be done working 12 hour shifts as of Dec 2nd, right? This is what my manager agreed to, I told her I'd continue working every weekend until my replacement was trained, but only 8 hour shifts with three other 8 hour shifts during the week. WELL I emailed her to ask one little question about the transition and she took that opportunity to not only NOT answer my question but to suggest that I continue working 12 hour shifts every weekend and then just 2 days a week oh and "thank you for your willingness to help during this stressful staffing time". SO NOT COOL because right now I'm under contract and get time and a half during those 12 hour shifts; after the 2nd I will NOT get time and a half! So I'll work more and get paid less, and for hours that I HATE! So I told her I wasn't willing to do that, told her to just answer the question I asked, and haven't heard back. Yeah it's a stressful staffing time but that is because everyone who could has quit because it sucks to work there! Is that my problem? NOPE!

OK. yeah I don't wanna go to work this weekend either. :(

Stacy- I know I've asked before but I don't know if you saw it or don't want to tell, can I ask what you do? I'm a med tech in the lab, do chemistry, hematology, and blood bank.

Oh and Peng, that cake sounds pretty divine. When I read it I had a fleeting thought of "oh crap I just love to eat so much I just give up I'm going to eat a bunch of brown butter cream cheese icing!" ;P

But I'm not going to give up. And I would like a little piece of that cake!

FEEL AWESOME!

Good job on the eating, or NOT eating, Andrea!! It was pizza night here and I ate what I wanted. After a long day at work, I think I earned it ;)

I too am dreading working all weekend, we're short-staffed which just adds to the mayhem! Andrea, that stinks about your work shifts! I've been in similar predicaments!

Peng, did you workout today?

I got up at 5:15am this morning and did my workout before work. I did do the Athletic Training Leg Cardio Express premix and abs. This was my first time doing this PM and I had to pause a few times but it was good. Not sure if I had to hit pause b/c I was tired from working out so stinkin' early or b/c I've had this hoarse cough off and on for about 2 weeks, I dont feel that bad, just a nagging annoyance.

Hoping to record and then watch some football games this weekend. Andrea, is your QB playing tomorrow?? I turned on Thursday Night Football last night, all set to watch the Colts and I fell asleep before the 1st quarter ended. Those long work hours are catching up with me!

I did something to my neck/shoulder again. I think I"m sleeping on it wrong. At any rate I did laundry, gave someone her Spa Day, finished a hat and knitted some green fingerless gloves, which were supposed to be for me but they came out big enough for Hubby. Good thing they aren't pink. I'm going to try again in a smaller size. Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Green Mitts for Hubby

Andrea, I recycled the recipe before I spent too much time thinking about it. It did sound good.

Stacy, we are having pizza tomorrow. I have leftover Italian sausage from making my interpretation of Stroganoff earlier this week. It has sausage, mulitcolor pasta, and broccoli

Hey ladies-
just a quick minute to check in here at work. I did an hour long dogwalk yesterday, and had a few minutes so I squeezed in 15 minutes of the Cardio Conditioning premix from KPC. I did enough to know I'm looking forward to being able to do more! Was 400 calories under my 1800 limit yesterday, hubby wanted a burger and fries (does that sound familiar) and I got a burger with lettuce, onion, and mustard and just ate two of his fries and one onion ring. Lunch was a huge salad of just veggies with 70 calories worth of dressing and breakfast was a bagel with low fat cream cheese. But I was quite impressed with my underconsumption considering I was able to have a burger. myfitnesspal adds the calories you burn in exercise so I actually ate more but still, doing good for me.

Stacy- yeah my QB will be playing. Or so I hear. Should be another exciting Saturday night! I wish your team was eligible for some bowls, this would be super fun!

Peng- my little quilts are almost done! Just got to finish the binding this week!

My neck is better but still hurts. I'm cleaning house today. Nothing too exciting there. Called my Mom to sing her Happy Birthday today, but will see her tomorrow when we all meet for lunch at Firebirds. Hubby and I are attending a concert at our church tonight. If the smaller size gloves are too small I can give them to my Mom tomorrow.

andrea, binding was never the fun part!

No workout today, diet wasnt stellar either. Going to strive to workout and eat much cleaner tomorrow. Hoping work isn't too crazy!

It was good this week not to be a little more flexible with my workouts but I dont want to necessarily do that each week since I also did enjoy increasing my weights and/or reps each week with Gym Styles. So I'm either going to do maybe 2-3 weeks of GS (also eyeing the January Double Rotation) then do a week of circuits, then going back to 2-3 weeks of something more structured. So maybe doing the a week of Cathe's 1 month STS total body/LIS rotation, then 2-3 weeks of her 3 month STS/LIS rotation but subbing in the GS's instead, and alternating those two rotations in my own sorta pattern. Hmmm...

The good news is I figured out what I did to my neck, the bad news is I figured it out by doing it again. We have a high bed; I'm pretty tall and if I'm sitting on it my feet dangle by 3-4 inches. So when I want to sit on the bed I kinda hop up and when I did it today my neck went crunch. So I'm back where I started.

The concert was good; I really liked the opening act, too. It was nice to go on a date with my Hubby. We don't do that enough.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to order a turkey from the meat market for Tday, Hubby is attending a Veteran's Lunch with his boss. And we hope to have some fun later in the day. but its supposed to rain.

ugh, beyond pooped right now. Going to go crawl into bed and not get out for eight hours. Then back to work for one more day! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for a dogwalk tomorrow afternoon.

The rest of my week:
Tues- Chest & Triceps, abs
Wed- Legs
Thurs- KPC (with abs)
Fri- Back/shoulders/biceps

My sinus congestion is back and my head has that 'about to pop off' feeling. so lovely!

Oh! i ordered the Deal of the Day yesterday, the Classics step workouts! ha ha with the thong leotards! I know those step routines aren't as intense as some of her others and thought it would be good for me since I"m kind of a newbie. I looooooove step.

Oh, AND if my team can win its last two games...we're in the National Championship baby!

My neck is feeling better, stretching, Aspercreme and Hubby rubbing it for me have helped a lot. :} Hubby is at a Veteran's lunch {he assured me that when men meet its a lunch not a luncheon!} I made another set of fingerless mitts. Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Snow Flurry Mitts for Me I added a lace pattern to the exsisting mitt pattern which was fun {ha}, the second was easier but the first required silence and complete concentration! Neither of which are my strong points. The weather is back to being chilly today but the rain is gone, which is good! When Hubby gets back we have a list of errands to do!

Andrea, hope you are feeling better soon.

Stacy, whatever rotation you choose Im sure you will do a great job! You are so consistant!

Yesterday had a splitting headache and didnt get home til late, so no workout yesterday either.

Today I'm feeling so-so, gonna relax a bit and see if I feel better then will decide on my workout later.

Andrea, your workout schedule for the week looks good! With me being a bit under the weather lately and I'll be going out of town for a few days next week for Thanksgiving, I've decided to take my workouts day by day until after Thanksgiving, then jump back in with a more scheduled rotation.

Peng, I envy your free time!!

Cute mitts, Peng. LOVE the colors! I don't know if you've ever had this problem, but I know when I've been on a crocheting binge I get a catch in my neck/shoulder. Maybe after a stretching/rubbing/aspercreme, an upper body workout warm up/cooldown would be a good thing to do? I know from doing the GS workouts the past couple of weeks my neck/shoulders feel SO GOOD after the warmups, Cathe is so thorough and really gets the circulation going in that area, I'm always impressed. I have a history of hurting my shoulder from working out before getting properly warmed up when doing the Firm workouts, but not with Cathe. She's soooo good.

Stacy can you believe my little team from little Manhattan KS is #1 in the BCS?? I can't! ha ha!

Rich made dinner last night, it was AWESOME! Some grilled mahi-mahi, rice, black beans, and a "salsa" made from avocado, red onion, cilantro, tomato, and lime juice. We often make this with mango as well but he wasn't able to find any that were ripe. :( I love it when he makes healthy stuff for me! I was so pooped after my three days of work, just was able to eat a healthy dinner, relax and watch my Chiefs (GRIEFS) on MNF. I had to go to bed and watch the end of the game this morning...lost in OT. Not surprising but they looked a little better than they have all year.

Today I'm so excited to do my pushups in GSCT! After my biceps work on Friday I'm feeling really strong! My legs/bod in general are feeling tighter....yay to two more weeks at least of the GS rotation. Also going to add in abs this week and a little more cardio. After this week I don't have any extra shifts at work so going to really kick it up next week, I start working full time Dec. 1st. so I've got a couple week of part time left when I'll have lots of time to do some good for myself.

Hope everyone has a great day. I took some mucinex, Claritin, Aleve, and migraine meds this morning so I'm feeling better!!! :)

Haha, Andrea, I fell asleep early last night and just finished watching the MNF game this morning too. I'm a Steelers fan so was glad to see them pull off a win without Big Ben. The Chiefs did look pretty good, I'm sure Cassels was getting boo'd again with that OT interception :(

Congrats to your team!! I'd love a national championship game with NO SEC teams in it!! (I dont like Notre Dame either lol) I'm hoping my team can remain unbeaten so we can start next year when we're bowl eligible with a decent pre-season ranking.

It's awesome that you're feeling stronger and tighter! I noticed the same thing with my 4 weeks of GS, but I did need a break from the same workout not necessarily from heavy lifting. But, I'm excited to get back into the swing of things! My work hours change a bit in December as well so I"ll have to plan my rotation and play around a bit with things until I settle into my new hours (nothing dramatic same amount of hours just on different days and slightly different starting and ending times)

Hubby had to leave this morning on a work trip so I'm sad, but he'll be back tomorrow night, so at least its not all week.

Laundry and a bit of cleaning this morning. I thought it would be nice to get the boxes out of the middle of Hubby's office floor for him. He showed me how to use the scanner so I can give that a go: I've got project pictures I can add.

We bought a 17 lb turkey last night and stuck it out in the extra fridge in the garage.

Andrea, your dinner sounds wonderful. Hubby makes things like grilled cheese or heats up canned soup. Congrats on feeling stronger!

Stacy, I'm impressed that you stuck with GS for the whole month, but I understand your need for change.

I did 40 min of Paul's Kettlebell Drills. I have the heat set at 72* and it didn't turn on all day until right before I was going to exercise, which means I had to go turn it down! I don't need heat blowing when I'm trying to sweat!

Well I walked 3 miles on the treadmill, wasnt much, but it was all I was up for. I hope to do a total body workout tomorrow after work, depends how late I work, thinking about High Reps, that's a real butt-kicker!

Peng, I have one of Katami's workouts but dont remember which one! We keep our thermostat at 69 or 70 than take advantage of our fireplace. It's supposed to drop down into the 20's tonight!

I'm excited to see Ilaria has her new workouts on the "coming soon" section over at collagevideo. I really like her Powerstrike and Atletica workouts!

I've eaten about 600 cals today, mostly protein, but dont feel hungry, stomach was a bit gurgly this morning so not gonna push it.

Andrea, forgot to comment earlier about how awesome your hubby's dinner sounded!! Sounds yummy and healthy!!

Any thoughts for some sweat-fest-muscle-building December Rotations???

i did a 45 minute dog walk and GSCT. was able to up my weights on everything except those final tricep kickbacks! still only able to do three pounders...lol. but I kicked ass on those pushups! now my goal is to someday do those 24 tricep dips. I don't think Cathe has any idea how difficult those are when you have a giant butt that not only weighs a lot but also gets caught on the step. i hate tricep dips!

eating was okay today, i didn't eat much (bagel for breakfast, chicken, rice, and beans burrito for lunch, grapefruit for a snack) until i pigged out at dinner with some shrimp pasta primavera Alfredo. i made sure to eat lots of broccoli and mushrooms in my helping, helps limit the amount of pasta, and the Alfredo sauce was from a jar and not horribly fattening. i like to add lemon juice and crushed red Pepper to really give it some ZING! I figured i had worked out right before dinner so hopefully those carbs can go straight to my (chest) muscles :)

hmmmm...December sweat fest! I'm thinking circuits and full body with cardio in between? i gotta do something to keep warm because our house is so drafty!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.