PROGESS NOT PERFECTION...Knockin' November OUT!

andreadaile

Cathlete
Hey ladies! Let's knock this month OUT. Stacy's got me doing Gym Styles...and I think it's going to lead to great things. Time to be thankful...I'm thankful I'm not going to grow old gracefully but fight it with every muscle fiber I've got! :)

Did GS Back, Shoulders, and Bi's today. What is it that is SO FUN about working my muscles with Cathe? I positively LOVED this workout. Also, 2 mile dogwalk and lots of laundry, groceries, etc. to get ready for the weekend.

Have a good one everybody!

Andrea thanks for starting the November thread!! I've got GS Ba/Sh/Bi on the schedule for tomorrow.

Yesterday, was a planned rest day. I started coughing last night and had a headache so just never got around to posting.

This morning I woke up early and did SJP the step portion only and then abs. This step part used to be an easy workout for me, but I had to pause it 3 times to catch my breath and felt a little light-headed. I think I'm coming down with a virus or something.

I'm still planning on a workout tomorrow morning, if I'm feeling up to I'll tack on a short cardio too. Planning on going to the football game and the weather will be high in the mid 40's, probably not best for developing head cold, but gotta tough it out for the love of the game ;)

Peng, I have no clue on all this seasons talk, lol! What season are comfy clothes and barefeet???

I'm watching the Hurricane Sandy telethon tonight. The devastation is so sad :(

Have I been posting on the wrong thread?

I cleaned then did 30min on the dreadmill. ZZZ!:p I'm enjoying the warm weather but wish it would make up its mind, this back and forth has my sinuses going nuts. Its supposed to rain this weekend so I better stop complaining about the nice weather.

My veggie soup was more like chili. I added cumin, nothern and black beans and barley as well as veggies. Hubby loved it! I'll have to do that again.

Stacy, As I posted above, the weather changing has me snuffling and headachey. In the 80's a woman wrote a book saying that your face/hair/eye coloring determines what colors look best on you. She assigned the 'colors sets' to seasons of the year.

Andrea, great job on GS. Stacy is such an enabler!:D I need to figure out a plan for next week

Stacy, hope that viral crap stays away from you! it's horrible!

Peng, your soup sounds good. i love lots of beans and cumin goes so well with them :) i have recently discovered Mexican Oregano, if you ever want to try a new flavor look for it! hard to describe but it's great with beans/tomatoes and things kilter cumin and garlic.

ok...my Wildcats are playing so must get back to my game!

Did everyone remember to change their clocks?? It'll be nice not driving to work in the pitch darkness but now I'll be driving home when it's dark, so not sure which is worse.

Yesterday I ended up skipping my workout, still wasnt feeling that great, but I did end up bundling up and going to the game. We did do a few miles of walking getting to and from the stadium so that was my workout for the day. I'm feeling a bit better today and just finished GS Ba/Sh/Bi's. I was going to do a short cardio but dont feel up to it and I'm planning on raking leaves yet today. So looking back on the week, the only planned workout I didnt get in was was GS Legs and an ab workout which I could have done today but again didnt feel like it.

Part of my lack of motivations is partly due to this head cold and I'm realizing partly due to burn out on GS. I'm still liking my results, I was able to use my 20's for the set of bicep curls Cathe does after the concentration curls so that is progress, but my mind isnt into GS right now. I'm only going to take this upcoming week off from the GS workouts and do something else, probably circuits or some LIS, whatever I'm in the mood for. I think that will help this funk that I feel creeping up. Andrea, I hope you will continue GS this week though b/c I plan on jumping right back into it the following week, hopefully even stronger!

I'm a bit disappointed in my stalled weight loss too, so maybe it's all tied in, so this week will be a more concentrated focus on cleaner eating and doing whatever workout I am in the mood for, hopefully that will help recharge things :)

yes! i love what I've done of gs and want to do at least a four week rotation so i've got at least three Weeks left! ;-)

Andrea, glad you are keeping up with GS's!!

I ate horribly all weekend, didnt feel well, blah blah blah. I just have to move on. I did weigh myself this morning expecting disaster and found that I was an okay weight considering. This is the start of week 5 for me and looking back at the last 4 weeks, I did manage to do all 3 GS workouts each week except this week where I didnt do GS Legs, and I did cardio at least twice a week each week. My weight loss as of this morning was just under 4 lbs, most of that being from the first 2 weeks, the last weeks I gained/stalled/lost a little, but looking at my food log, my eating wasnt as good so no surprises there. I definitely know what works and what doesnt by this time.

As I said, this week will my refocus on food week and my workouts will not be planned, but I will do something, my goal is 4 workouts this week. I'm also working all this upcoming weekend so this is a good week to do this for me.

I have been pondering this group's name Progress not Perfection and I'm very much into PROGRESS beyond just "doing something" (of course "doing something" at one point was my goal because I had let my workouts slack off, but I let that goal allow myself to be a bit unfocused and lazy, so no offense to either of you) With GS I was seeing progress in my strength and I'm seeing slow progress on the scale. Having goals has definitely helped!

Andrea, Peng....any specific goals for you??

Anyway, I've gotta quit rambling or I'll be late for work!

Weight this morning wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, still not where I want it, but that'll change this week if all goes well.

No workout today, planned rest day.

Eating day, pretty darn good! Avoided leftover Halloween candy at work!

B--low carb yogurt, almonds
L--carrots and celery with dip
D--salad with low cal drsg, shrimp cocktail w/ at most 2 tsp of cocktail sauce

My stomach was a mess after yesterday's crappy eating, so my body was sending me a message! I'm a bit hungry now but my stomach needs a digestive break today for sure!

Cardio and abs for tomorrow, cardio to be decided tomorrow ;)

Don't forget to get out and vote tomorrow!!!

I'm glad you brought up the goal thing because I definitely need one. I'm going to ponder that for a few hours as I just got done working a full week in three days...

I did do my Chest and Triceps when I got home from work, loved it. It wasn't quite as brutal as the first time, I guess I knew what to expect. My arms are feeling a little bit like they are squealing at me right now, and my chest looks a little like I got some quick implants this afternoon (lol), all that's good I guess ! :)

My ultimate goal has always been THIN THIGHS. How to reach that goal....that is what I need to figure out. I'm so tired of things being tight and uncomfortable from my knees to my butt. Even just under my knees in some pants. it's sad :( The thing I love about Cathe workouts, for some reason when I stick with her consistently my thighs get really tight and small in comparison to how they usually are. With the Firm, they got big and muscular.

It's almost that time of the month and I"m craving a giant chocolate cake. Help.

Also, the Zyrtec they've got me on for my allergies is making my face oily and making my breath stinky! I'm a pretty sight! lol!

Wow Stacy, your eating today was awesome. I went on myfitnesspal and logged my food for the day. Help, I thought I did pretty good and I was over by at least 700 calories.

Pretty sure I see where my goals are going to be- they are going to have to be food related! Dang it I love to eat!

Good job on the workout!!

Thin thighs have been an elusive goal of mine for as long as I can remember. I'm pretty sure I will never have thin thighs but maybe less jiggly would be a good goal. Unfortunately, eating clean is the only thing that will get me close to that goal. And, like you, I love to eat as well!! Everything in moderation, but less moderation than I'd like, unfortunately!

I'm thinking of doing Low Impact Circuit in its entirety tomorrow, but we'll see. I feel if I do that, it'll leave only cardio as an option for Wednesday. But my short-term goal this week, is to do workouts I want to do and not dread them. So, I'll report back tomorrow!

hmmmm....i think the weights on LIC are so light it doesn't really count as a weight workout, if you aren't sore at all tomorrow, i think you can do whatever :) actually i found a few articles that if you are trying to make muscles tighter and smaller (thighs), to work them with light weights and high reps every day. That rest thing is for them to be able to increase in muscle mass. :p enabler alert :p

Wow! I am two pages behind! We had a nice relaxing weekend, but its been chilly and raining. We got up early {yuck} and voted today, which didn't take as long as I thought; I practically packed a lunch. :p

Andrea, I like the title its one of the things that attracted me to this group. I fall into the 'love to eat catagory' right with you. I only recently discovered cumin, but really like it. Poor Hubby I've been putting it in almost everything, but then he puts garlic and italian seasoning on everything.

Stacy, I'm kinda of an 'all or nothing Penguin' so moderation and I don't get along very well. I'm still trying to be consistant with my exercise, so I guess that's still my goal. I forgot about changing the clocks but Hubby remembered!!! I maintain I had a good memory until we got married and I had to start remembering all of HIS stuff, so when I forget and he remembers its unusal.

Well good news and bad news. The good news I did LIC in its entirety and got a good workout. The bad news, a friend called and wanted to hang out and she ended up having home made mac-n-cheese and key lime pie. My friend is one of those friends that if you turn down what she made it hurts her feelings. So much for clean eating today. The only thing to do at this point is to eat a lite dinner and move on.

grrrrrr! evil Mac and cheese! ok maybe you can a cardio AND a weights workout tomorrow ;-)

GS Legs is DONE! Did the whole thang today. what is it about that workout that makes me feel totally awesome? hopefully my calves will hurt a little less this time.

ok gotta hit the shower and the grocery store.

Hey Peng, didn't you know part of being married is that your husband no longer has to retain any sort of information in his brain? i wish i would have known that! I'm so tired of being the brains around here...

Morning all! Not very awake this morning.

Andrea, my dad and Hubby are a lot alike, except my Dad is very organized and my Hubby is not:p I never really thought of myself as the organized one but one of us has to be.

Hi ladies!

What ya got planned for today? I did the step premix from Step Jump and Pump (my new fave cardio!) and went to the dentist for a not very fun filling and impressions for my dental implant crown. THEN I did something really un smart and decided to try to put the encasements (mattress coverings for my dust mite allergies) on our king size bed pillowtop mattress and box springs. OOOOOOOOOOOOOh what a dumb idea. I did it, but there's a good reason the packaging says it is a two-person job. I'm feeling it. It's especially hard because our room is barely bigger than our bed. I'm not even sure how I did it and Rich is going to tease me that I had my boyfriend over to help me...considering taking the dogs for a brief walk just to shake off the stress of that....then it's definitely a Papa Murphy's pizza night. And a beer or two.

All that said, I feel really awesome with my workouts this week. Definitely think that doing full lower body workouts like the GS legs will have good affects on my thighs/butt for sure. And I added a riser to my step for the cardio this morning, previously I had done that workout with just the top step part on the ground. Looking forwards to back/bis/shoulders tomorrow. I need to throw some abs in there too.

OK yall, have a good day!

Hubby and I went out to dinner, had a long day at work, didnt feel like cooking and just wanted to go out. Had a grilled pork chop, broccoli and we split an appetizer. I'm planning on working out still tonight, maybe sometime in the next hour. Not sure what yet, but I'll post back when I'm done.

Andrea, I agree, doing a full leg workout has been great for me too. Although my weight hasnt budged much on the scale I definitely can see that my thighs are a bit slimmer and alot of my pants are much looser in the waist, so I know I'm making progress! :)

Peng, my hubby has no memory either!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.