Problems with X10 series dvds?

tralaiven

Cathlete
Hi! I am just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the playing of some of this new series dvds? I did the November new series rotation in November and had constant problems with a few of them...and just thought it was my DVD player...well, come to find out as I have continued with the December and January rotations that all my other Cathe DVDs play just fine. And if I have a problem, it is only my X10 series dvds!

It can get frustrating because I will play it and then it will stop so I take it out clean it and have to do this about five times sometimes before it will just play! I do not have this problem with any of my other ones (and some of them are 10 years old).

And now I'm a bit frustrated because I feel like I have waited too long to contact Cathe.com to address the issue because it just took me this long to figure out that there must be something wrong with a few of the X10 DVDs!

Thoughts? Suggestions?

My husband bought me the XT series for my birthday last Feb, but I didn't start using the disks until several months later. My Tabatacise disk was defective (froze) and Customer Service exchanged it for me with a replacement disk that works like a champ. Nancy in Customer Service told me that SNM the disks are guaranteed for lifetime (assuming one doesn't treat them roughly). I would encourage you to reach out and get replacements.

Try your X10 series in a different DVD player, or the computer and see if it still skips/freezes. Sometimes a player will play every DVD in the house except one. My KPC has a sticky point in it on the downstairs DVD player, but not the upstairs DVD or the computer. I have no idea why. If it doesn't work on more than one player, then I'd say it's the disc.

Nan

I agree with contacting customer service as Nancy has also been extremely helpful with me as well. I've not had issues with X10 or any other DVD's in this group but my Tabatacise would have sticking points and it was quickly replaced for me even though it was 6 months after purchasing - works like a charm now.

I pre-ordered the CTX series when it came out....last month one of them cracked when I was removing it from the case....they replaced it.....you can't beat that for customer service(because it was past 90 days (years) since purchase, I had to send the old one back).

I wrote to customer service about my Flextrain DVD freezing and they haven't responded yet, only with the automated message that they would get back to me:( I, too, hadn't used the DVDs for a bit and then found it wasn't working

QUOTE=tralaiven;2230947]Hi! I am just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the playing of some of this new series dvds? I did the November new series rotation in November and had constant problems with a few of them...and just thought it was my DVD player...well, come to find out as I have continued with the December and January rotations that all my other Cathe DVDs play just fine. And if I have a problem, it is only my X10 series dvds!

It can get frustrating because I will play it and then it will stop so I take it out clean it and have to do this about five times sometimes before it will just play! I do not have this problem with any of my other ones (and some of them are 10 years old).

And now I'm a bit frustrated because I feel like I have waited too long to contact Cathe.com to address the issue because it just took me this long to figure out that there must be something wrong with a few of the X10 DVDs!

Thoughts? Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I've had trouble with my Flex Train video as well. It just freezes. I've tried it on different players and the same trouble. For now it is playing without difficulty. My issue - I bought it from Collage and they won't do anything about it except "try to repair it" because my 30 day coverage has expired. I haven't bought a single Cathe DVD from them since.

Update:

Even though I was only having trouble with my new series dvds....that is the ones with X10, flex Train, etc.... I decided to go ahead and get a new DVD player since my old one was three years old and I used at least 5-6 times per week(but only for workouts)...I had definitely gotten my money's worth.....

Well, so far I have only played X10 once, but it didn't stick this time....hoping that will solve the problem! Maybe the newer dvds were lesser quality and just could not take the older DVD player? (Since my older dvds played just fine)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.