Power 90X

RE: Hijacking a thread

Mindi...
So far only Stretch and Chest and Back. I did not do the pullups in Chest/Back either since I did not have the apparatus yet at work to do them. I was still extremely humbled, just shows you don't have to be big to be strong (the girl in the vid)! It was still very hard with all those pushups! I am hurtin' today and I did not do all full body either. Mostly I did a few full body (couldn't do any full body with those diamond ones) and then dropped to my knees!! It is Plyometrics today! I am just thrilled to have a break from Cathe, and if I never lost one more pound, it would be fine with me if I could say I could do 10 consecutive pullups. Strength and fitness is more important to me than how I look...

I'll let you know what I think as I do them!

Janice

Wanda..

I could care less if you hijack my thread. After all, I can only whine about my DVD problem so much right??:)

Janice

So, all of you who had problems, would you say it was worth it in the end? Are you happy so far with the workouts? I've basically been avoiding any threads with P90X, but made the mistake of reading this one and a couple of others and now am wanting this darned thing! :) :) :)

Hi Donna!

Donna, I hate to say this, but YES, they're worth it, and a wonderful complement to Cathe. They are quite high quality and the supporting written materials are very useful, too. I think, too, that for 12 workouts and good solid written support plus a cute little zip-up DVD case for the lot ;-), the price is pretty competitive.

I haven't done them all but have previewed most of them and have done a couple -- Shoulders & Arms, Core Synergistics and AbRipperX. I'm finding from the previewing that I probably will still prefer Cathe's cardio for the most part, although the martial arts workout "Kenpo" and the Plyometrics workout look great. Aquajock would go nuts for the PlyoX workout, I'll bet. And I will also be able very easily to mix 'n match Cathe's weight workouts with the P90X weight workouts. There is also a great stretch workout and a killer core workout (I might add that I pretty much mortified myself trying that one. :)) All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase -- a nice refresher to tide me over til Cathe does another advanced series. :) (Listen to me, am I an addict or what????)

If you're still on the fence, there are a lot of threads about this over at VF, so you might go read there, and I also noticed on VF that some folks are already talking about having bought individual P90X DVD's, I think on the Ya-Yas board or some other swap board. I suspect they'll start turning up on eBay individually soon. Maybe you might want to buy one or two and just see what you think. Also, whole sets of VHS and DVD are already selling on eBay, though not at HUGE savings from Beachbody. (But hey, you wouldn't have to deal with BB's poor frantic customer no-service people. :))

HTH!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Just curious!

Is anyone interested in selling the "Fitness Guide" that comes with it? I have aquired the "Nutrition Guide" already. (Thanks Ann!) I will check E-bay to see if anyone has that up for sale. If anyone knows of a place that is selling it individual from the workouts, please let me know. TIA!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

You know Janice....I just don't think this is it. I can get my muscle pumped and I have gotten my body fat EXTREMELY low, but my bicep vein must be "following another route" cause it's not there. Like I said I have this huge vein in my forearm that sticks out and big veins in my hands etc. Something has to actually make the vein itself big I think. Anyway enough of the vein thing.

I finished my first week rotation today and I'm feeling good, my legs and butt are sore from the leg workout and Kenpo today (I will try the stretch X tomorrow), but it's a good sore. I'm just happy doing something else. A few more perceptions: I'm glad that I didn't buy the bands as so far I wouldn't have used them at all. I like weights. I think looping that thing around to shorten it etc....would get old really quick. Also, why do you need the power tower, I can't figure this one out either. You do need a good pullup bar and my dh is welding one that will stick out of the wall about 1 1/2 feet and will be anchored into the cement near the ceiling, but not so I'll hit my head. I think I will like this style the best. I'm currently using the bar in the doorway and yes you can hit your head, so I will be happy when he gets this done, but why do you need the rest of the power tower????? Maybe I haven't hit those workouts yet. I haven't used a heart rate monitor, but I have a pretty good grasp of where I need to be. Also I will not succumb to the "recovery shake" push....I think mine are better than his by far, but this of course is opinion. I just hate marketing!!! It's still worth it!!!

Briee

RE: Just curious!

>Is anyone interested in selling the "Fitness Guide" that
>comes with it? I have aquired the "Nutrition Guide" already.
>(Thanks Ann!) I will check E-bay to see if anyone has that up
>for sale. If anyone knows of a place that is selling it
>individual from the workouts, please let me know. TIA!
>Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH
>http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If
>You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You
>DANCE!!!

Hi Debbie,

Ilja was selling her copy at the YaYa forum.

Hedy

Hedy!

Thanks sooo much! I'll go check it out!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Donna!

Hi Debbie. Check VF. Someone had this up on their trade list. :)

These workouts have been worth every single cent that I paid and I paid full price! I'm totally blown away by how challenging the strength workouts are, plus Core Synergistics and Plyometrics. I love the other two cardio workouts, but as someone has already pointed out, they are not near as intense as Cathe's workouts, but that's OK. I think we need workouts that are a bit easier in our rotation.:)

Yeah, gotta say I like them too!!

Briee..actually, from what I know of veins, people have them in different places. I am the same as you, very veiny in the hands and feet..you can even see big green lines on my arms! I get that bicep vein when I am really pumped, but it goes away quick, and is BARELY visible!! Your veins just may not be close to the surface up there. Just let it go!!:) Pick some other goal!:)

It is really fun to see how these workouts are wiping me out so much faster. Doing full body exercises without all the foo-foo modifications really taxes the nervous system. Sure, I dropped to my knees, but not before giving every ounce I got to do them on my toes. Really, it is a whole new level of fatigue for me. I got it also when I was working out with a trainer (heavy weight, gym style) AND when I do S&H Legs with additional legs tacked on. It is like a nervous system fatigue that actually makes me go to bed an hour earlier. Sounds weird, but it is almost like I can FEEL myself growing!!

With push-ups, I really do believe that if you do them from your knees, you stay on your knees. I am trying right now to start every one of the pushups in full body position, eek out a few (or 1/2) and then drop to my knees, but go real fast so I am really exhausting myself to where I cannot even push up anymore. Most times for Cathe workouts we just STOP, but before we were really fried. How many can identify with this??:)

Briee..... Not only do I have to "hookup" myself, but the people that work out with me at work are doing it too, so I am getting the Door Gym that does not have to be mounted (so it won't hurt my office). As you know, I have a pretty slick setup at work. I probably should have forgone the Power Tower and just have got the door gym. Hubby SAYS he is going to do it, but I dunno.....

Janice

Janice...I agree with your fatigue assessment. I've taken like 2 naps per day and I'm still exhausted. My body is TIRED. It's fantastic though....I know I'm pushing myself like never before. I just previewed the cardioX workout and it's a combination of plyo and kenpo and probably the one I like the least and will never do. It doesn't look too crucial to the classic rotation anyway so it doesn't matter. I'd do IMAX in place of it.

If I let the vein thing go....I'll probably get one. So my new goal is to complete the classic rotation in the next 90 days and see what this thing in it's entirety can do. I'm going to do 10 pullups when this thing is over!!!! I read some of the beachbody forum, but it's just to "beachbody" for me if you know what I mean. I like it much better here.

Briee

Briee, don't disregard Cardio X entirely. It's deceivingly tough. I only wish that it were longer. Cathe's CTX kickboxing and Cardio X make a great combination.:) Heck, you could even do half of IMAX 1 or 2 with Cardio X. Gosh, that sounds great. I think I will have to give that combination a whirl. ;-)

cardiox is a good wo not as tough as plyo but a good one.It has core syn in it I decieded to keep core syn after getting a taste of it on cardiox it is a sweat fest(core syn.)give it a try.

Janice,

I am glad you finally got yout DVD's. They sound like they have been worth the wait!

I must tell you, though, I am still having a rough time with BB in getting mine. Today, I got another box from them in the mail - I thought "Oh FINALLY!" - when I opened the box it was the band update bands I ordered on May 2, the day after I talked to CS about not getting my DVD's and she told me that they were in the warehouse and ready to be shipped on May 2. I never questioned her as to why they didn't send them with my bands.

I called BB this afternoon after receiving the bands update - since it shipped on May 3 - I inquired as to where my DVD's were. The guy said that I didn't order DVD's - to make a long story short - I spent 15 minutes on the phone with him - while he tried to track what had happened. He sai he would take $50 off of my order that was the best he could do and couldn't even tell me when they would ship them. Here I ordered on April 19th!

I let him have it, I told him about all the people on this forum who were upset with their service. He switched me over to a CS Manager. He proceeded to tell me the DVD's were on backorder - they still had not shipped and he didn't know how long they would be on backorder. I said "Hey, look, I go to cathe.com all the time and their was a woman who ordered her DVD's on April 25 and got them on the 28th - how come mine are supposedly backordered? Why was I told they were in the warehouse waiting to be shipped on May 2? No one told me they were backordered."

He said he would reorder them for me to get them to me quicker - but couldn't do that because they already charged my credit card - he promised to work on it and try to get them out Fed Ex - if he can't he is suppose to let me know by the end of the week.

This is really frustrating, I am glad they are worth the wait - but I was so mad after talking to him - I went downstairs and worked out like a mad woman to get the frustrations out!

Cheryl

Kepi.....we'll see (cardiox), maybe I'll try it sometime. As for the core syn, I just previewed it....I think I'll die. Good thing I don't have to do it for another 3 weeks. It looks brutal.

Cheryl....at least you got a good workout!!!!

Briee (can we start a new P90X thread - it's taking my computer WAYYYY too long to get to the bottom of this :) )

LOL, Briee. Do Cardio X first so you can get a feel for Core Synergistics. :) It will give you a feel for CS. Core Synergistics is so flippin' tough, but I LOVE it. :)

Hi Ladies.....I FINALLY did my first workout yesterday. I am going to do the Lean Rotation, and I did Core Synergetics. My core is sore today, and I really liked that workout. Today is Cardio X for me, but I am also going to do a 1/2 hour leg workout before it. I think they will be well worth the money too, and I do like Tony's personality. It's kinda cocky, but in a VERY polite way!!!!
Lori

Kepi!

Thank you. I still have not located one. I will go over and see what I can find. Thanks for the info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.