Other forums??

nancy156

Cathlete
Just curious....does anyone participate or "stalk" any other forums? I was just wondering if there are other forums that are as interesting as this one.

This is the best message board I've been on.

I've visited this one that had a science fiction flavor to it. Nightly.net - It's pretty good, but they talk about Star Wars and Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's a pretty busy board, with an Open forum, as well (I think it has an open forum).

My local newspaper has a very active message board, too. www.indystar.com There are a lot of "trolls" on that board, though. Lots of hating, name-calling, and insulting going on. It gets very ugly there. I used to post there all the time, but I got sick of the same stuff, different day. I rarely post there anymore. The indystar board taught me how to have a thick skin on a message board, though. You say what you need to say, be honest to who you are but respectful at the same time, don't take too much too seriously, and move on.

I've visited another one for a local periodical called Nuvo Weekly. It's about as bad as the indystar board, but it's more "open," with the mods allowing profanity to a certain extent.

I guess you could say I'm an experienced message board poster.

firm ya yas and video fitness... both are more active (IMO) than the forums here!

(i also post on some cycling forums!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Forgive me for not being that bright - how do you get to these sites? Or, can you send me the links? Thanks!!

Go to the to the top of page and click on links.

The Firm Ya Yas is located there and also VF.

Namita

I've never haunted a forum as much as this one. I've tried some other fitness forums but the people were so catty and unfriendly. Other than that, I've spent time on some SF boards.

Sparrow

I sometimes check out forums for cars...but I kinda have to do that for my job....

I have looked at the weight watchers forum and shape magazine.

Jeanette

I never posted on a forum until I found this one and I lurked for a loooong time before that first post. I've posted 2 or 3 times on the Tracie Long Training website and found the people there to be friendly and helpful. Of course, it's mostly the same people that post on the Cathe forum:D :eek:

Michele

I like my beachbody buds. I also used to post on johnstonefitness.com. Haven't been over there in a while though. I recently started looking on videofitness too.

I am a nerd. When Star Wars came out, I lurked there for a while, but I was too cool for them so I had to leave and come back to the hipsters here! :):):)

Missy

Uh oh, you ready :) I have too much time on my hands at work:

Firm Forum
BFL Women Yahoogroups
Videofitness occasionally

Dog forums
Cyberdobes
Smartgroups Vizsla
Clicker training yahoogroups
Clean Run agility training yahoogroups

And then occasionally I pop in on about 5 other yahoogroups if I'm really bored.

Colleen, out of curiousity, how do you like BFL Women Yahoogroups forum? Right after the holidays I'm going to be going strong again with BFL, but I would feel guilty posting on here since my Cathe workouts will be little to none because I'm going to try to do it almost to-the-book. I will probably also need the support. If they are a good group to join, how do I get there?

Thanks again for answering all of my BFL questions!:)

Oh, to answer the question, besides her I do lurk a lot at Videofitness.

I check out bodybuilding.com some. I also spend a lot of time on a forum specific to the training program I'm on for ectomorphs. I'm pretty much the only active female on there, so it gets interesting.

>Colleen, out of curiousity, how do you like BFL Women
>Yahoogroups forum?

It is an excellent sight. Many BFL experts who can help out and many who are struggling just like we are day to day at times <G>. Sometimes I just read it for motivation. I lived by it the first year I was on BFL. It answered a lot of questions for me.

Colleen

>I never posted on a forum until I found this one and I lurked
>for a loooong time before that first post. I've posted 2 or 3
>times on the Tracie Long Training website and found the people
>there to be friendly and helpful. Of course, it's mostly the
>same people that post on the Cathe forum:D :eek:
>
>Michele

I also post on yaya, VF, and TLT and agree that there are the same people posting a lot. The only "problem" with this is seeing the same post copied (literally) to all the boards! It gets a little irritating.

Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening. LOL

Yeah, I spend way too much time on forums. I post pretty regulary on the Firm boards and at WHFN. I'm also a member of videofitness but don't post there much.

Thanks for all of the replies!! This should keep me busy until the sun comes up....I'm going to check them out. Thank you!!

BFL? "Body for Life"? I may have read that book a while ago. I can't believe that you get a good workout in such a short time. It sounds like a plan to me though....lol. What's the meals like? Who wrote it? I'll have to check it out at the library again.

I also participate in a yahoo group called exercisevideos. It's a much smaller group and the people are just as wonderful there. They evaluate new exercise videos and tell you whether they are worth purchasing. They'll even make recommendations based on what you like....that's how I was introduced to Cathe and P90X.

Robin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.