One rep max?

Spring37

Cathlete
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am a little confused about whether I need to update my 1 rep max after each workout. For example last night I did disc 19 - chest, shoulders, and triceps. For the cross body kickbacks I was supposed to use 14 lbs, but my triceps were fried after doing the flat bench extensions, so I had to drop to 10 lbs. So should I edit my 1 rep max for that exercise to be 10 lbs?

That's a good question, mainly because your fatigue from a previous exercise affected your weight selection.

I elect to edit my 1RMs, even when I suspect that the sequence of the exercises is contributing to my lower numbers.

I'll be interested to hear what others do though.

Durning my last rotation I remember changing 1 RM only if I used heavier weight then what I was supposed to use. I would like to hear from Cathe on this, as I am planning my second round of STS.

I did the first legs disk today in week 1 and my 1RMs were way too high...I felt like I got a back workout (anyone else? Trying to keep form) instead of legs and couldn't finish a lot of the sets good, which I interpret as using too heavy weights, so I just ended up decreasing each target weight 10 lbs and noted it. I dont want to bother editing 1RMS though, maybe I should, I don't know...what would you put as your new weight and reps done without counting in fatigue from previous excersises?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.