One-Body Part a Week Rotation

Debbie: What worked to make your muscles look so toned and ripped?? Do you do heavier for four weeks and the endurance style for the next four weeks??

I've been going heavy for four weeks and then endurance for one week. I start over my four weeks of heavy training and so on. I think my clean eating has been the major impact of my toned look. As soon as I changed my eating ratios to 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats, and ate within my calorie range, my body fat dropped dramatically.

Thanks Debbie! I have started getting recipes from low calorie or muscle and fitness magazine, so hope that helps! I really really need to do a SLow and Heavy rotation, but I have been having fun lately doing different stuff with the CTX rotation, but I am ready to try the more structured approach again, so...........I am going to start with your rotation tonight. I have been doing mainly endurance style workouts all year! I need a change!
Thanks for posting this one!

Debbie,

I just wanted to thank you for the great idea behind this rotation. I have been doing a one body part per day rotation using muscle max and pyramids. Anyway, I have really been enjoying myself! Thanks for the idea, and may I say, your pictures are very inspiring.

Hilarie

Hilarie-
Thanks! I loved the Pyramid and Muscle Max combo I did, I'm going to that one again soon. MM has some excellent exercises in it but it kind of reminds me of Super Sets or Push Pull. If you do them in their entirety, its not a really efficient workout. But do them as add ons and they kick butt!!!

Robin - great minds must think alike. I'm seeing great results from this rotation and was going to ask Debbie the same thing!!!
That's too funny.

Debbie,

You look awesome! I'm going to do your rotation in October. I was wondering if you would give me a sample of what you eat during the day of your 50-30-20 ratio. This would help me a great deal. I need something to understand ratioes.
Sincerely,
Janie

Janie, This is a tough question to answer. It changes every day because I like variety. I always eat Steel Cut Oats w/ a banana in the morning along with an apple but other than that, everything changes. I eat tuna, eggs, chicken, turkey, I use protein powder to help get most of my protein in, I eat a lot of fruit and veggies. Sorry I can't be too specific here. I like snacking on Clif bars and I make a really good protein yogurt (1 c. plain yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder and 1 banana).

I eat tuna with mustard, onions and a garlic/basil herb from Mrs. Dash. Blend together, split in half and eat it on one slice of whole wheat toast. I add lettuce and tomatoe to it.

Debie,

Thank you for sharing this rotation idea with us. I am in the 1st week of rotation. I have already notice the change. I used to have hard time to increase the weight of lifting. But with this one part a day, I can really push to my ability limited then followed by aerobic w/o and good stretch. I did not get DOM I guess because of this arrangement.

I tried to add abs and yoga in evening like you. But most of time I could not get the motivation to do that. Could you give me some tips how you keep yourself motivated to w/o after long days. How long did you w/o during the night?

Thanks

WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

http://wantfit.blogspot.com/

What is your typical endurance week like? I do try to follow your program as close as possible.

Robin:)

I'm glad I keep coming back and checking this thread. I never expected such a huge interest in this.

I constantly crave workouts. If I had time to workout two hours a day and two hours at night, I would. So its not hard for me to find motivation to workout.

I usually do my yoga and abs around 7 p.m. and I'm done no later than 8. It relaxes me and doing yoga or stretching has really helped me with my low back problems so this is a bonus in the motivation department.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.