Old Timer check-in

OMW, I forgot all about sekcy gymnast! I've been reading/lurking for quite some time. I started posted in the OAL thread about the time it died off. Maybe I killed it? I miss all the folks mentioned above, too. I post in the check-ins now, but not very much in OD.

ETA: Oh, and MRSchultz--I remember you too!

anne

I've been here forever. Mostly on FitPregnancy forums though. Just curious,...why do you just lurk now?

I've heard some people say the forums aren't as "friendly" now,...but I've only run into a couple cases myself. ;)

I've been around for a lot of years but pretty much always a lurker, as my post count shows!

I do miss some of the "old" posters that don't post so much any more. There are also some "newer" posters that I wish would post a bit less! :p

Hey, it's so nice to see many of you checking in. I don't understand why things changed either. Now it's all about personal health questions and stuff I don't find interesting, or know my own reply wouldn't be interesting.

Oh, didn't you guys see sekcy gymnist in the last olympics?

Oh, didn't you guys see sekcy gymnist in the last olympics?

Snicker.

That was something else. Remember the final thread? I can remember being so happy when Shelley PMed me with "what do you think of THIS?" because I'd been wanting to call foul on the sekcy gymnast thing for so long but didn't want to look like I was attacking someone.

Was that the only thread SNM has ever locked?

I've heard some people say the forums aren't as "friendly" now,...but I've only run into a couple cases myself. ;)

I agree. Once people (like myself) quit posting political stuff, I thought it got much friendlier. But I do miss some of the quirkier/fun stuff that used to be posted. Perhaps if the quirky/fun peeps (and you know who you are;)) would start posting again, this problem would be solved.

C'mon, I dare you. Show us those shoes you're debating buying. Ask an off the wall question and see what the response is. :p Make this place FUN again, guys!!! :p

Just popping in to tell Anne that she so did NOT kill the OAL thread! Ok, back to lurking now.

I guess I'm an "old timer" since I've been on this forum since Nov. 1999. I don't visit OD as often (hence my late post) and mainly stick to the my check ins and social group. However, I have met a lot of great people here both old and new:)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I miss the guys too. Love Jerry, but miss Dave and Bill. Bill as a retired cop was the one that outed seckcy gymnast wasn't he? I really miss his wit, dry but wonderful sense of humor, and the fun he brought. Same with Dave - who always kept things in perspective around here when it can get so crazy. Gents - if you're reading, care to come back and say hey?

All the old timers are good people. We just got shoved aside. Sniff. Nobody appreciated us anymore. Sniff sniff. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms. ;)

Maybe it all fell apart when the new smilies appeared.

All the old timers are good people. We just got shoved aside. Sniff. Nobody appreciated us anymore. Sniff sniff. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms. ;)

Maybe it all fell apart when the new smilies appeared.

*shakes fist in the air*

Damn you new smilies!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.