Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful

Lastchance09

Cathlete
In NY, right now only 1-3 inches. Made it back from shopping just as the snow started. The bus driver lit a fire under my feet when he said if the snow gets to 9 inches - bus service stops. I never heard that before.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

snowed for 22 hours have a good 2-2 1/2 feet, freezing cold and the plows and salt trucks just can't keep so even though it stopped snowing it might be another 2 days before anybody can get out of my side road here. on top of that its below freezing which means all this will be slicker then a hockey rink by the morning.

i didn't mind the snow but SO much of it. geesh.

kassia

Sending safe and warm wishes to my Cathe friends on the East Coast. I guess it would be mean to tell those who are not enjoying the snow that I took a 5 mile hike in the mountains with my dog, then sat outside a little coffee shop in the small town of Saratoga and watched cyclists ride by. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, most of the people I talk to are really enjoying the first real storm of the season. :D

Sending safe and warm wishes to my Cathe friends on the East Coast. I guess it would be mean to tell those who are not enjoying the snow that I took a 5 mile hike in the mountains with my dog, then sat outside a little coffee shop in the small town of Saratoga and watched cyclists ride by. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, most of the people I talk to are really enjoying the first real storm of the season. :D

very very mean. :p

snowed for 22 hours have a good 2-2 1/2 feet, freezing cold and the plows and salt trucks just can't keep so even though it stopped snowing it might be another 2 days before anybody can get out of my side road here. on top of that its below freezing which means all this will be slicker then a hockey rink by the morning.

i didn't mind the snow but SO much of it. geesh.

kassia

my friend in Maryland told me it started snowing in her area last night and has not let up either. She says it reminded her of 1996 - which was pretty bad. I remembers some years before that when I was in high school, I walked almost 2 miles home with the snow literally up to my knees.

It just started here. We don't have much yet, but the worst is still to come! My DH is loving it and I'm just groaning at having to try and drive in it on Monday to get back and forth to work. Not a happy camper.

We've got about 15-20 inches in Fredericksburg Virginia! :eek: The drifts on my front porch are over 3 feet high.

Too bad this didn't happen tomorrow, I'd love a snow day from work!

I'm jealous - LOVE a good snowstorm...as long as I don't have to drive in it! Here in Ohio, we only got a scattered 1-2 inches :( (at least in NW Ohio, that is)

I seriously doubt with 3 ft. snow drifts and up to 2 ft of snow that there will be any work or school for the east coasters...where in the hell are they going to put all that snow?

Heidi

love it!

We picked up 19" here in South Jersey...still snowing lightly out there but should be tapering off soon. Govtgirl, I hear you—I'm hoping for a two-hour delay tomorrow.

Well we weren't the worst hit in NE CT, for a change of pace. Still we've picked up over a foot as of now and it's still going strong. I don't mind it, though I'm disappointed my bro and nephew will be delayed coming from VA and my friend has canceled her winter open house.

Oh, and DH and I spent yesterday eating the Xmas cookies I made. When we ran out of ours we broke open the tin I planned to send to send to my in-laws in FL and devoured those. How shabby is that? :D I blame it on cabin fever.

We have over 2 feet!!!! What a workout we have had shoveling!!! My boys are young so this is AWESOME for them!!! :):):)
So glad it hit on the weekend!!

my friend in Maryland told me it started snowing in her area last night and has not let up either. She says it reminded her of 1996 - which was pretty bad. I remembers some years before that when I was in high school, I walked almost 2 miles home with the snow literally up to my knees.

AH YES the blizzard of '96 i was a senior in high school then and living at the jersey shore(not what you see on tv i am a real jersey shore girl). we couldn't go anywhere. nobody was allowed on the roads period and where i was stuck i couldn't get anywhere unless i crossed a bridge which they were also not letting ppl do. it was almost 4-5 days before anybody was allowed on the roads!

it wasn't to long after it started slowing down here that it traveled up to DC and MD hopefully everybody is safe out there.

kassia

We've got about 15-20 inches in Fredericksburg Virginia! :eek: The drifts on my front porch are over 3 feet high.

Too bad this didn't happen tomorrow, I'd love a snow day from work!

SHOUT VA!!!! we are in lynchburg termed the AHEM "HILL CITY" and with reason which is why driving conditions are horrid right now. even if they did plow the sleet from last night is making for serious problems. in fact they didn't even plow a few streets here(mine is one of them) b/c the hills are to steep and they are waiting for it to warm up for some melting before they move in. hopefully soon i don't have a washer and dryer and my larger bathroom is overun by laundry!!!!

and men make fun of women for having to many clothes. that just saved me LOL.DD and i have enough undies and socks for a month never mind my bra,jean,shirts,sweater,shoes collection LOL!!!

kassia

snow

Hi,

I'm in Northern VA and we have about 22" on our deck, not to mention the drifts. At least the sun is out today. What a mess though. I wish I had periodically gone out and dug my car out. I'm so jealous of the person who was out hiking. No trail running for me for a while either.

Tracy

Hi,

I'm in Northern VA and we have about 22" on our deck, not to mention the drifts. At least the sun is out today. What a mess though. I wish I had periodically gone out and dug my car out. I'm so jealous of the person who was out hiking. No trail running for me for a while either.

Tracy

well you could hike in the SNOW LOL. i had to walk 3-4 miles in the beginning of the storm to get home from my mom's b/c my car was stuck in her apartment complex's parking lot mostly b/c of the hills. and now they did come plow there but they piled our vehicles under 6 feet of snow LOL i just give up if i have to go anywhere i am walking and praying the markets up the road are open LOL.

they haven't started plowing our streets just main roads and streets we are close but it will be awhile before they even get back here. hoping the sunshine will have an effect even though the weather man is very pessimistic about the cold weather and this stuff. just want to walk over the station and slap him too. sun is good thing even if it is cold at least its not freezing temps here today.

kassia

Despite a foot of snow, Mayor Bloomberg says the schools will be open tomorrow, so I guess it's just business as usual around NYC. I assume the stores are open today, manned by employees who get to work by subway.

Last edited:
Despite a foot of snow, Mayor Bloomberg says the schools will be open tomorrow, so I guess it's just business as usual around NYC. I assume the stores are open today, manned by employees who get to work by subway.

schools are still in session in NYC?! wow we got out friday and so did the colleges. wasn't b/c of the weather just scheduled out that way.

my mom was just laughing saying you now its bad when ALL churches in the city of lynchburg canceled services. yes even falwell jr.!!!

kassia

moved in time

We moved from LI NY to Tennessee a few yrs back thank God. The neighboring states got it, & some neighboring towns got a little, which is gone by now. I'm so releaved, I moved here to get away from the snow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.