Nia Shanks

Been loading up on my food, and aced the DLs this morning - also helped that I tested which variety was the best. I've joined the biofeedback group on facebook - Dave is answering loads of questions, so hopefully I'll learn more.

Also, Jennifer Blake wrote:

Pssst, Jen and I have a new powerlifting program for women coming out this fall which is the material representation of everything I said above above. This pic is from our photoshoot last weekend--you could say we're a *little* excited about it. wink emoticon‪#‎unapologeticallypowerful‬

Now THAT's exciting..........

Lisa, if I'm going broke, I'm taking you all down with me!

Debtors jail will be great- the exercise yard will be amazing by the time we're all there.

Tom - I've realised I have a choice of losing fat or getting stronger. The two together just don't work for me, so I'm making myself eat. If I eat lots the night before a heavy weight session I'm super woman. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating - I'll have to save that feeling for a cutting phase!

That's the way I work too. Right now I'm working on losing fat, so the fact that I don't get hungry in the Summer is great. In the Autumn, I will get my feed on.

Oh, for real? That's amazing...
Though, do you think it's a coaching program (like the $650 Unapologetically Strong program), or a download with a reasonable price tag?

I am trying to just follow my hunger cues these days. It feels good to get in touch with them, but it can be tough to listen. I'm a hungry gal. :)

Tom, I've been finding that steady state cardio makes me ravenous. Maybe adding 20 mins of something on to the end of a lifting session or two a week might pique your appetite? Not so much that you mess with gains, but enough to make you hungry? Just a thought.

Karen, what are you doing for fat loss -- anything particular?

I'm just doing my body weight "stuff." Every other day I throw in a LWF2. Some of the body weight workouts get my heart going. So not really "working" on fat loss. Just not heavy strength training right now. I seem to always be "lifting" something. Sometimes iron, sometimes, just my own protoplasm.

Last edited:
I'm just doing my body weight "stuff." Every other day I throw in a LWF2. Some of the body weight workouts get my heart going. So not really "working" on fat loss. Just not heavy strength training right now. I seem to always be "lifting" something. Sometimes iron, sometimes, just my own protoplasm.
I used to do a lot more "12 oz curls" ...hummm may revisit!!! Just kidding,to old to fight or have a hangover!! But might help the weight issue.

Though, do you think it's a coaching program (like the $650 Unapologetically Strong program), or a download with a reasonable price tag?

I am trying to just follow my hunger cues these days. It feels good to get in touch with them, but it can be tough to listen. I'm a hungry gal. :)

Tom, I've been finding that steady state cardio makes me ravenous. Maybe adding 20 mins of something on to the end of a lifting session or two a week might pique your appetite? Not so much that you mess with gains, but enough to make you hungry? Just a thought.

That's a good thought Roz...I feel guilty I'm not doing cardio, but I REALLY HATE IT!!! I have an old Schwin airdyne I used to use and I should dig it out a "JUST DO IT" I don't want to be thin, but I need to eat more so might be worth a try..thanks!

That's a good thought Roz...I feel guilty I'm not doing cardio, but I REALLY HATE IT!!! I have an old Schwin airdyne I used to use and I should dig it out a "JUST DO IT" I don't want to be thin, but I need to eat more so might be worth a try..thanks!
Is there any cardio you don't hate? Stinks to have to white-knuckle it. Just a 10-min descending ladder of KB swings and renegade rows or pushups or something?
Jen Sinkler has this great free resource on her blog (free ebook that you can download from the page linked below) about creating your own circuits (Lift Weights Faster-style):
https://www.jensinkler.com/how-to-design-circuits/

I won't bother if it's a coaching programme (after all, I have you lot!) - but I'm so impressed with LWF and Dellanave (he's great at answering queries on facebook), that I'll get any reasonably-priced thing they produce.

If I complain about wanting to lose fat, will you guys remind me that I'm doing a STRENGTH programme, and I can shed a bit of fat at a later date. I find it hard to keep telling myself I'm doing the right thing.

I have a Lift like a Girl - symbol only Tee in size Large that I be willing to give to someone. I ordered a Large b/c tshirts are often so small and I like mine loose, but it it pretty true to size; too big for me. TeeSpring, who printed them is sending me another in my size, but they don't want this one back. PM me if you'd like it and I'll send it to you.

I have a Lift like a Girl - symbol only Tee in size Large that I be willing to give to someone. I ordered a Large b/c tshirts are often so small and I like mine loose, but it it pretty true to size; too big for me. TeeSpring, who printed them is sending me another in my size, but they don't want this one back. PM me if you'd like it and I'll send it to you.
I should get THAT!!!!..You all know I would be proud to "Lift like a girl"...but wearing the shirt would be tough!!!

Is there any cardio you don't hate? Stinks to have to white-knuckle it. Just a 10-min descending ladder of KB swings and renegade rows or pushups or something?
Jen Sinkler has this great free resource on her blog (free ebook that you can download from the page linked below) about creating your own circuits (Lift Weights Faster-style):
https://www.jensinkler.com/how-to-design-circuits/
Roz...I looked at that and some interesting combinations there. I think I will start inserting some of these as the program goes on. If I get brave, I may try some combinations, but will probably just do kb swings, pushups maybe do some pushpresses etc....thanks!!

Today ws ohp dips(diamond pushups) and chins I did 2x5 dropped 10# 1x3 dropped 10# 1x10 1x7 dropped 20# 1x12 diamond pushups 1x10 1x12 1x12 1x15 on chins I went 4x8 left elbow was sore and have had past issues with tendonitis so I avoided the longer sets. And I finished with some thrusters!!! yeah me...cardio!!! I only did 3x5 with pretty light barbell, but I had never done them before and thought I would give'em a shot! I know what you're thinking, how much cardio is THAT?? My answer....PLENTY!!! I'm gonna go see if this makes me hungry Roz! lol

Today ws ohp dips(diamond pushups) and chins I did 2x5 dropped 10# 1x3 dropped 10# 1x10 1x7 dropped 20# 1x12 diamond pushups 1x10 1x12 1x12 1x15 on chins I went 4x8 left elbow was sore and have had past issues with tendonitis so I avoided the longer sets. And I finished with some thrusters!!! yeah me...cardio!!! I only did 3x5 with pretty light barbell, but I had never done them before and thought I would give'em a shot! I know what you're thinking, how much cardio is THAT?? My answer....PLENTY!!! I'm gonna go see if this makes me hungry Roz! lol

So, are you hungry, Tom? Nice job on the workout!

So, are you hungry, Tom? Nice job on the workout!
Karen..I drank a shake, waited 30 min, then ate a sandwich. The shakes are about 60 g of protein and pretty filling. On days I work, The shakes come early, but on non work days, I'm always later on workouts and shakes, and it does interfere with being hungry at lunch. If I wait on lunch though, I'm not hungry at supper! Easy answer...get my a#@ to the basement a little earlier!!! Sounds easy, but one of the fun things about retirement is "racking in"

Karen..I drank a shake, waited 30 min, then ate a sandwich. The shakes are about 60 g of protein and pretty filling. On days I work, The shakes come early, but on non work days, I'm always later on workouts and shakes, and it does interfere with being hungry at lunch. If I wait on lunch though, I'm not hungry at supper! Easy answer...get my a#@ to the basement a little earlier!!! Sounds easy, but one of the fun things about retirement is "racking in"

"Racking in," so looking forward to it. So many projects I can use to fill my day. Lifting more than 30 minutes twice a day is one of them.

"Racking in," so looking forward to it. So many projects I can use to fill my day. Lifting more than 30 minutes twice a day is one of them.
Karen...do you split your days? I'm curious as to how that works upper/lower? push/pull? Not sure I have the energy, but you girls are dynamos! I'm afraid 2 showers/day might cause wrinkles!!

There was a time, when I was getting up at 3:45 am to work out. A little more "racking in" has become more important. I now get up at 4:45. Gives me about 35-45 minutes to lift, get some stretching or mobility exercises in. For me, as I get older, I need more stretching and mobility. I work four, ten hour days. When I get home, I try to get some sort of hiit, or depending on what I did in the morning, bodyweight, functional, kettlebell or yoga. I love LWF2. I'm having so much fun with it. I receive many emails with all kinds of metabolic workouts to try. I'm a sucker for anything new. I will try it once. If I really like it, more than once.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.