Nia Shanks

Justine, you saw right thru my bull$#@t floor excuse!!! I thought that would work...exposed!!!!

Takes one to know one, Tom! How many excuses can I come up with for not doing floor work?

Roz - yes, I think I AM enjoying GSF2. It's just all a little weird - I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing, perhaps I've missed reading something that I was originally sent. If I go for heavier weights, then my total weight lifted for the w/o usually goes down, and adaptifier gives me a negative trend line :mad: At lower weights (say 80% 1RM) I can do set after set and get a much better volume out of the workout. I don't know which way to play it, and sometimes biofeedback doesn't seem to be giving me answers. Still, I'm only on week 3, so I've time to work it out.

I backed off on squats today - down to 60kg, but managed a total volume of over 6000kg! I daresay I could have done a few more, but I got bored. The trouble is, if I go to 70kg my ROM goes to pot. At 80kg, I'm barely parallel. I'd like to push the ROM more than the weight just at the moment.

Karen - are you still considering GSF? I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Tom, I don't know what to suggest about your weight loss. Have you seen someone about it?

Days off for me mean lots of walking. Oh, and a bit of boogying this weekend!
In fact, I had such a good w/e that my daughter felt the need to share this with me;

A few years ago, I taught a ski preparedness class. We did wall sits. Didn't think about the wine. Would have been so much more fun, for some.

I'm one of those that likes floor work. Just because it has always given me great results. I know that, because when I stop doing floor work, I stop getting the results I'm looking for. I know, call me crazy. Anyone up for pizza presses, or a good donkey kick?

Last edited:
Takes one to know one, Tom! How many excuses can I come up with for not doing floor work?

Roz - yes, I think I AM enjoying GSF2. It's just all a little weird - I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing, perhaps I've missed reading something that I was originally sent. If I go for heavier weights, then my total weight lifted for the w/o usually goes down, and adaptifier gives me a negative trend line :mad: At lower weights (say 80% 1RM) I can do set after set and get a much better volume out of the workout. I don't know which way to play it, and sometimes biofeedback doesn't seem to be giving me answers. Still, I'm only on week 3, so I've time to work it out.

I backed off on squats today - down to 60kg, but managed a total volume of over 6000kg! I daresay I could have done a few more, but I got bored. The trouble is, if I go to 70kg my ROM goes to pot. At 80kg, I'm barely parallel. I'd like to push the ROM more than the weight just at the moment.

Karen - are you still considering GSF? I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Tom, I don't know what to suggest about your weight loss. Have you seen someone about it?

Days off for me mean lots of walking. Oh, and a bit of boogying this weekend!
In fact, I had such a good w/e that my daughter felt the need to share this with me;
Gotta try that!!! May also help with weight loss!!

Good morning ladies!! I'm not sure if ya'll are going to continue to post your latest exploits here or not but today was back day for me. 3x8 chins 3x8 lat pulldowns 3x8 dumbbell rows 3x8 deadlifts 30 in & outs and 1 min side planks each side. It took about 35 minutes or so and while no history was made, it did feel good to "just do it"!! Here's to a great day for everyone (orange juice toast!!)

Tom - sounds like a great back day (my favourite days). Are you doing your own thing, or following a plan? I forgot to mention that I tested bar position for back squats yesterday. I agree that lower allows for a greater ROM, but at the moment they feel a bit weird - I get scared I'm going to drop the bar - so I was somewhat cautious. I did see this though:
https://www.t-nation.com/training/complete-guide-to-barbell-squats

I'd like to continue posting my failures and occasional successes. Ought we to move to the check-ins forum?

Karen - you're so cool. I may have left it at an easy YAYOG, but you do HoCo as well. Good on ya.

I hurt everywhere (again). If DOMS was the only measure of the effectiveness of a workout, then I'd say that GSF2 was the best thing ever! I managed EFX#1 today (with super-sore bum and quads). Love how it works totally different muscles than anything else I do.

Tom - sounds like a great back day (my favourite days). Are you doing your own thing, or following a plan? I forgot to mention that I tested bar position for back squats yesterday. I agree that lower allows for a greater ROM, but at the moment they feel a bit weird - I get scared I'm going to drop the bar - so I was somewhat cautious. I did see this though:
https://www.t-nation.com/training/complete-guide-to-barbell-squats

I'd like to continue posting my failures and occasional successes. Ought we to move to the check-ins forum?

Karen - you're so cool. I may have left it at an easy YAYOG, but you do HoCo as well. Good on ya.

I hurt everywhere (again). If DOMS was the only measure of the effectiveness of a workout, then I'd say that GSF2 was the best thing ever! I managed EFX#1 today (with super-sore bum and quads). Love how it works totally different muscles than anything else I do.
Kinda doing my own thing now...body part/ day Justine. Waiting to be led astray again!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.