New Website?

girlyfiedgirl

Cathlete
Hi there! Is everything on schedule for the new website? Can we expect an outage sometime during the next couple of weeks? Thanks.

Yes, the move will happen sometime next week. We will probably miss our launch date window by a day or two, but sometime between Tuesday and Friday we will close our current forums and begin the transfer of information from our current forums to our new forums. Please make sure to save a hardcopy of any information in your calendar or of any bookmarks of web pages you have. Though we hope to be back up and running fairly quickly you just never know what will happen with a major move like this and it could be several days before we’re back online as far as our forums go.

We’re launching a lot of new features in addition to just moving the forums. Do to the large amount of files that must be moved and then connected and linked it will take us more than one day to complete everything. We actually expect it to take about two weeks for us to move and connect all of the files on the new site and to get all of the major bugs fixed. Thus, when you first visit the new site you will find many things that don’t work or that look strange. This is like moving a big house full of stuff that you have accumulated over the last 20 years. It will take a while to get our new house in order and working properly.

We now have ramped up our staff and have seven people employed by us that work full time on our site, including experts in PHP, .net, CSS and website design and graphics. After releasing our new beta site your feedback will be very important to our staff in refining and improving our new site. We will have forums for you to report bugs and to make suggestions. As a small private company we can turn on a dime and implement new ideas and suggestions fairly quickly and we look forward to making our newest site one of the best fitness sites online with your feedback.

Please don’t let yourself get overwhelmed with the new site as there are a ton of new features. Just pick and choose what you want to use and don’t worry about the rest. It will probably take you several weeks to get to know every feature in the new website, but just take your time and if you have any questions just ask them in our support forum. Since most of the features in the new site are free we cannot provide support by email or phone as our customer service reps are not trained in this area of expertise and it would just be way too costly. We will depend on everyone in our community helping each other as you do now. Also, as time permits our developers and trained staff will help as many of you as we can by answering your questions in our support forums.

We had hoped to have video tutorials for every section ready for the beta release, but unfortunately they will not be ready, except for the nutrition software video tutorials, until several weeks later.

I am so psyched for this!!! Good luck with the transition.

I have had experience with IT projects similar to what you are doing now at a previous company and it can be challenging. It sounds like you have everything lined up as best as you possibly can. I think the transition will go well. There are always things that come up, but I know that you guys will work everything out. It will be well worth the effort. I believe that once everything falls into place Cathe.com will be the fitness hub for all fitness enthusiats.

I wish you well with your project!

This will be a journey I'm looking forward to. Thanks so very much for doing this.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I am so thrilled about this. Will you guys be having some kind of bugzilla system while everything is in beta? And I imagine, very little will be open source but I will do ANYTHING to help. :)

We're just going to use our forums for bug tracking. We plan on creating a forum for everyone to report bugs as well as another forum to make suggestions on new features and how we can make our software better. Nothing will be open source at this time, but perhaps in the future.

If we're automatically logged in on Cathe's site, should we turn that option off while y'all are switching sites?

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Will there be a thread telling us how to obtain MORE TIME in our day to spend on this wonderful new site? lol

Can't Wait!!!

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´ -:¦:- Terri
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´*

During the transfer this week, will this also include launching the list of the STS exercises and the 1RM calculator or will this come later?

Yes, you will be able to see every STS exercise,reps, etc for every STS workout. You can even print a workout card. And yes this beta version will have the 1RM calculator, so you can begin testing for STS. We do have a newer and improved version of the 1RM calulator that has a simpler interface almost ready to go, but it wont be ready until perhaps the next beta release.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.