New Video Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I'm so excited for new videos/dvds already. I am pretty new to Cathe and I'm still trying to build my library of all of your workouts. Now, I'm going to have to save money for all new workouts. That's fantastic!

I don't have many suggestions since anything you put together would be wonderful. I would just like to say that I agree with some other posters that I would not be too interested in an intro to Cathe video if it was filled with too much instruction. I'm pretty good at learning the new steps and don't like to be bored once I get them mastered. So, hopefully this tape will be offered separately.

I also like the idea of kickboxing, and more core work. More moves with the stability ball would be great. Any weight lifting workout will definately be wonderful.

That about covers all of my favorite things. Thanks for taking our suggestions and producing another set so quickly.

I love the idea of new videos!!!! Yea!!!!

I love Imax & Imax 2 - so I'd love to see another interval workout!
I love the idea of an hour long step tape - maybe you could introduce new moves in the warm up, so that the actual workout wouldn't have to teach the moves - just all out intensity!

I think an intro tape is super! When I first started your tapes I was confused and unsure where to start. This is probably not a workout I'd like to buy, so keeping it separate is a great idea.

Someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who!) in the suggestions forum came up with the idea of Cardio & Weights 2 & 3 one for upper body and the other for lower body weight work. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!
Did I say that I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!

Thank you so much for asking our opinions!!!!!

PS Of course I'll buy anything that you come up with!!!

Hi,

This is sooooo cool!!! You are one busy lady.

Stylized Step--Outstanding idea!! Is there any way some core work could be added at the end?

Push/Pull-I am totally with you here. It is time to shake it up! How about some core strengthening moves here???

Intro workout-This would be great for the new Cathe-ites, but I probably wouldn't buy it. I think that part of the challenge for me was learning your style, working up to your intensity. Any workout that I can do perfectly the first time is a true waste of time and $$$.(This is just my take on it.)

As for the 4th workout...how about core, or more core, combined with hey maybe some more core. A couple of 15-20 minute complete core workouts that can be done alone or even combined with the other workouts would be fantastic.

Thanks for asking,
Jamie:)

Hi,

How about a 25 min Cardio tape with a light total body workout that can be used everyday?

I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with Cathe!

Ellie

:)

Hi Cathe!

Love all of your ideas and everyone's suggestions. I'm sure that I will be happy with whatever you do!

My suggestion would be a workout tape for when you are traveling or on vacation. I know it sounds crazy, but my family lives in Thailand. And though I don't get to see them often when I do I alway lose a month or two of working out. When I get back home I just feel like I'm starting all over again from day one! It's so frustrating!

There's no way to lug weights over there so maybe a tape with bands or something easily packable would be good plus a 30 min Hi/Lo cardio segment like in MIC to get you warmed up. Something that could be done twice for a 60 min full cardio workout without a step or equipment. Last time I was over there I took a laptop with a DVD player and your Power Hour DVD and did it with 2 litre water bottles!!! Better than nothing. I also think it would be a great workout for business travelers.

Just one workout like this would fullfill all of my travelling needs forever. Just enough to sustain my hard won gains until I could get back home and get back into the swing of things.

Thanks for listening.
Your workouts are the best and you're the bomb!

susan

>
> This wouldn't be a new video but could you combine the
>"finished products" of previous videos like Rhythmic Step,
>Step Max, Step Jam, etc? It would be like a mega-Rhythmic
>Step Challenge!

I think that is an excellent idea! I was going to try to do that myself by copying over portions of the videos. I'd definitely buy that.

I also love the stylized step idea - I have been waiting for a new step tape and LOVED Rhythmic Step, so if you have to hit the Hi/Lo people, please do both!

I also am definitely interested in the Push Pull idea and everyone's ideas for a kickbox/drills tape.

Can't wait!

Hi Cathe! FABULOUS!!!! I love all your ideas. I especially like the Intro to Cathe - you can be an advanced exerciser and NOT know step moves, that was my thing when I started your tapes, I could keep up (relatively speaking) cardiovascularly but had some trouble choreographically at first. I started with your RS/IMAX/MIC DVD and all the later workouts,so for instance when I viewed Cardio and Weights the first time some of the step moves were from your older tapes and I wasn't familier with them. I think an Intro tape would be good for everyone!! Love the push pull idea and of course an all step workout! Whoo hooooo!! Thanks Cathe!

Jill

Hi Cathe,

That is great news. I love the two ideas - Push Pull and a RSII. I love RS!

Others have given great ideas so here's what I'll add:

- In the IS Series I love the mix and match capability and the solid chaptering. Please keep that with these new work outs.
- Although you say you have a yoga video in the works but not in this series, I want to encourage you in that effort because I know you would be great. However, for this summer, maybe you can do a pilates or band-medicineball workout that focuses on smaller muscle groups or even fully body muscle groups.
- A low impact or hi-lo tape (no step) would be amazing and fun.

The "intro" tape is a great idea becuase I see so many posts on "where to start". I would also buy it even though I have EVERY ONE of your tapes since Step-N-Motion 1!!!! You probably only have a few hundred fans that can say that! :)

Can't wait to pre-order!

Hi Cathe!

I know we're in the minority, but please don't forget the ectomorphs and/or hardgainers. Your heavy weight workouts are the only thing that's ever given me visible results. I would love to have a workout specifically for those of us who are trying to gain healthy weight, although I know the chances of that are slim (pun intended).

Also, as a small-boned female who already has osteopenia at age 35, I'd be interested in anything that would build bone mass and improve posture. My Mom's very self-conscious about her "widow's hump," and I'd like to do all I can to avoid that.

Thanks for listening! Can't wait to order the new workouts!

Angela

Hi Cathe,

I like your suggestion because they appear to satisfy those who love your step aerobics and heavy weight lifting. Thanks for including a heavy workout, my spouse & I love this idea. The introduction to Cathe also sounds good.

I would like the fourth work out to be geared towards those who love your kick boxing/hi-lo workouts, but w/heavy weights.

I would like the fourth tape to be a non step workout. Tne title could be Cardio Kicks Circuit. This circuit workout could use kickboxing for the aerobics sections and heavy weight lifting working all the body parts. You could also use the tall step for leg presses.

The other version of this workout would be to include kick boxing and hi-lo for aerobics w/weight heavy work in between. The only equipment needed would be weights and the tall box. Focused ab-work at the end would be optional for both workouts because I know kick boxing works the core.

If you decide to include the ball for ab work, be sure to include Brenda or Lorraine to demonstrate the moves w/out the ball. I hope you decide to do something like this because it would have something for everyone

I am really excited about these workouts.

Thank you for asking our feed back. I will keep my finges crossed.

Terri

:7

Hi Cathe - I was so impressed with the Intensity Series - I was hoping for an IS2. Maybe down the road someday.

The push-pull sounds wonderful. I also would like to be able to opt out of purchasing the intro since I own every video you've produced.

As for the 4th video, the suggestion for BodyMax2 is great - same speed and circuit style would be my vote.

Otherwise, a super-intense Imax3 with new tough intervals and great motivating music. Loved the music in Imax2.

I am ready to pre-order and have to admit that I did not expect new workouts so soon! Keep em coming.

Thanks!

This is too cool. I'm loving the Push/Pull & Intro to Cathe tapes. I'm too cheap to buy the older step tapes to learn the choreography and the fact that it'll be intermed/adv is perfect as I need something to transition myself into full advance mode.

Like the others I would love to see more floorwork aerobic tapes without the use of a step so that I can take my workouts with me on the road and have more variety to choose from. Cardio Kicks II is perfect for this and a Hi/Lo interval tape kind of like Imax only minus the step(with each interval pattern lasting about 10-15mins each) where we start low,middle,high and then catch our breaths as we start another pattern at low-instensity again.

Also, as stated by everyone above lots more core work using the stability/medicine ball. I also want to second the leg tape idea that was suggested with 30mins of standing leg work and then 30mins of lying floorwork so we can breakup into 2 or have the option of doing the whole tape in an hour long session if we choose. God, knows my inner thighs are pretty stubborn and I'm loving the floorwork from PS/PLB so a 3rd option would be cool.

>Since I don't work out in a gym, can you explain what you
>mean by a push pull workout? >:)

Push-pull is a term for alternating exercises between opposite muscle groups. For example, a chest (push) exercise is followed by a back (pull) exercise. Triceps (push) are followed by biceps (pull). Shoulders can be done in this manner in the gym, where you pair them with lat pulldowns. You can also do isolated quadriceps exercises (push) followed by hamstring exercises (pull).

:) Hi Cathe,
I think an introduction video would be great. I was new to Cathe tapes and the tape that came in the Step box was the All Step and I found it diffuclt at first. My favorite moves that I like a lot are horse shoes, the a step, and the off the board lung sequence that was in All Step.
Janice

Hi,

I would love it if you can produce any of the following videos:

1) Cardio Kicks or Circuit Max II

2) Hi\lo floor aerobics. There are too many step videos out there, but not many good athletic hi\lo. Please no dancy choreograph - the reason I turned away from Kari A., Christi and many CIA. If you can keep it low impact (like sumo (?) squats), that would be a bonus.

3) Hi\lo interval. Something similar to IMAX2 without the step portion.

Thanks for asking for our opinions.

Absolutely a core work video.

Even if you put all the core work from teh IS on a VHS tape like Ab Hits II or something would make me happy as I'm no in DVD mode yet.

Hi, Cathe,

I would like to see more of 60 minutes of step and weight combination exercise, 60 minutes straight step, and weight training by each workig areas.
Thank you for your creative work.
na Anderson

Hi Cathe!
This is very exciting that you are planning videos again so soon...and for those of us die-hard step enthusiasts this is really special.

I love all the choreography in Rhythmic Step, Power Max, and Step Works. I love all the moves in section 2 and section 3 of Step Jam. Specific moves I like in Power Max include the pendulum and 360's. I really like the more dancey feel to Rhythmic Step so would enjoy another video of that caliber.

Also, I don't know if this would be a consideration, but I would love to see you do an All-Medicine ball muscle endurance type tape. Since you've introduced that new toy, it's become my #1 favorite! (I'm now a die-hard Boot Camp fan.)

Also, love the idea of the gym style tape!

Thank you Cathe for asking.

Cathe, in addition to the three tapes you mentioned which all sound great - definitely a Cardio Kicks II - Cardio Kicks is one of the most empowering cardio workouts I have ever done! I also vote for the idea of an all floor no step hi/lo cardio workout.

Thanks!
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.