New Video Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! We would like to film FOUR new videos this summer and would like your input on the following ideas. As you have heard, we have lost the 'new video suggestions' file on our old server so we have decided to start a forum in place of this. Therefore, if you have anything you want to add/change to these listed suggestions or even have ideas of your own, please post them in our newly created forum: "Suggestions For Cathe's Next Videos/DVD's".

As always, making videos is a project that comes from a culmination of my desires and your requests. Let's get busy;-)

The following video ideas are very rough drafts. Times and ideas are subject to change as they evolve.

STYLIZED STEP: A 60 minute all step tape which will be along the lines of Rhythmic Step. Warm up, all new and fun step choreography, a stylized step challenge, and a nice soothing stretch.

PUSH/PULL: A 60 minute Gym Style Workout. This workout will be a total body heavy weight training workout utilizing the push pull method.

INTRO TO CATHE: This would be the tape that answers the question "I would like to try a Cathe tape but where do I begin?". It would be a 60 minute intermediate to advanced "new to Cathe" tape. It will feature popular step moves that are used in our past videos and put together in an all step aerobic format. There will be more breakdown in this tape as to provide a better learning curve, but it will be done in a challenging way so that you stay in your heart rate training zone. I would love help from our seasoned step enthusiasts in providing a list of both their favorite and most popular Cathe step moves so that I can design a new workout that utilizes these moves. Thanks in advance for the help!

We have some other ideas that we have been thinking about but would like to hear your suggestions and feedback before making any final decisions. Also, while I know that many have requested that they would like to see a yoga-based tape, I just want to let everyone know that I will be doing this type of tape at sometime in the future but not in this particular round of videos.

Thanks so much for your feedback :)

Oh My!

My mind is going a million miles an hour right now. I am just in awe Cathe that you are going to make us happy ONCE again sooo SOON! Thank you, thank you for considering to do the Yoga-based tape also! Woo-Hooo. (I know, NOT this time, but later! ;-)) When you get a moment, could you explain what you mean by "stylized? THANKS sooo much for all your hard work!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Oh My!

Hi Debbie! I thought this title would send the message that the step routine would have more of a dancy and stylish flair to it. If you don't think it sends that message, feel free to say so. I'm open to all suggestions:)

Cathe, they all sound great to me. Very no-nonsense! I like the 'Intro to Cathe' idea b/c there are many (I was there, too, once!) who might just be a little intimidated by your step workouts. So, good call on that one.

The other two sound great. Looks sort of like a 'Back to Basics' set, after the Intensity whirlwind! :) Sign me up.
Thank you,
Kathy Weller

I think the 3 ideas are perfect!! Especially the Intro to Cathe....soooooo many people ask what Cathe workout to start out with, and now they'll have an updated new one to try. That's great!!

Wow! I can't wait!!! This is one of many suggestions I'll probably think about. Is it possible to do a tape using bands and/or isometric type strength work. Maybe that is along the lines of a yoga/pilates type workout, but I would love to have a tape that utilizes bands, weighted ball, body bar using more controlled isometric moves. Thanks.

Jackie

My $.02...you really can't go wrong with any Cathe video but if I had a preference...

Would love, love, love to see more kickboxing (with or without the step). Also, another CTX type of workout would be outstanding. Definitely a heavy lifing tape. The Stylized Step idea sounds great too. I also love the high/lo - step combo type workouts you've done like in Power Circuit and 10-10-10. :+

Hi Cathe,

Since you have been so focused on your core region lately and have found some new and interesting ways of strengthening that area I would love to see you make a core workout. Say a 30-45 minute workout that incorporates both intermediate and advanced core exercises possibly with modifications since this can be a trouble area for many people.

Thanks for asking!!
Kristie Schultz

Vote early, vote often . . .

I know I've asked (begged, pleaded, drooled) for this before, but I would dearly love to see you do some more hi/lo for the fourth DVD/video!

If it weren't for you, I'd have logged off that particular cardio mode before I even got started, but I swear by MIC, the C-Max hi/lo, and the 10-10-10 hi/lo segment especially, with those mini-intervals thrown in for good measure. Hi/Lo-2K3 would send this ole A-Jock to the moon!

A-Jock

I can't wait!!! When do we get to pre-order? My credit card is burning for Cathe DVDs!

I WANT Cardio Kicks II, pretty please... There is NO other kickboxing workout like Cardio Kicks!

How about crunches on the ball?

Thanks for listening Cathe!

Edit In:
Yes, like A-jock said, another hi-lo would be GREAT too! My ultimate dream is for you to make kickbox, step and hi-lo in the next round (interspersed with short intervals for each workout). Put them on 1 DVD with great chaptering as usual. Then we can do the workout as is, or mix-n-match kickbox, step and hi-lo for an endless possibilities...

Hi Cathe,

Im in agreement with Jackie. I would love to see a tape done with bands or tubing. I have a couple of tapes like that and they are a great change of pace from weights and when i am done doing those workouts i feel muscles i never knew i had! The tapes i have are done in an interval type workout (do some aerobics/band-aerobics/band. Just a suggestion. I love every workout i have received from you. I always get results so a big hug and :* to you.

tricia:7 :7 :7

sorry to butt in again but i also agree with Kristie about a core work out tape. i never realized how much core work benifits you untill i started with your abs tape!! i can really see and feel a difference in the way i stand and how much it has helped my lower back muscles. I think this would be an awesome idea!! You have to have a good core to do everything else well. thanks again tricia:7 :7 :7

OMG!!!!! I cannot wait for the new set of videos/DVDs to come out.
I would like to see another cardio kicks with core work and abs using the med ball and stability ball.
I'm so happy to hear you'll be doing an all step video.
Just let me know when to preorder and I'll be there.
Thanks so much Cathe!!!

Cathe, all of the ideas sound wonderful and I am IN AWE that you're going to film them this soon! I'm THRILLED.

I have a question about the "Intro" tape. For those of us who have worked out to your videos for years, would you say this would be a good "light day" tape?

THANKS!!!:7

Cathe,
Since your most recent series provided all step type of workouts (except for Bootcamp) I was wondering if you would consider a cardio tape with a variety of different cardio styles ala CTX series.

Also, I hope that the pre-orders will provide special pricing to those who do not need the "Intro to Cathe" tape/dvd.

Thanks for your consideration!

ps. Push Pull sounds fabulous!

Cathe, I think your 3 draft proposals sound great. I love the idea of another 'heavy weights' workout. Rhythmic Step is among my favorites so another video in that style would be great. I also feel that your idea of a video to introduce people to your type of step is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.