NEED HELP FIGURING OUT ROTATION FOR ME WITH CATHE DVD'S I HAVE, HELP!!!

jentrudel

Cathlete
HI IAM IN NEED OF HELP!! SEE I LOVE TO DO WT TRAINING AND KICKBOXIND AS WELL AS ELIPTICAL TRAINING CARDIO BUT AM HAVING TROUBLE PUTTING THEM INTO ROTATIONS TO GET REALLY GOOD RESULTS (LOOSE INCHES AND SOME WEIGHT AND GET GREAT MUSCLE TONE AND ABS ECT...) CAN ANYONE THAT HAS ALOT OF EXPIERIENCE IN THIS HELP ME PLEASE TO COME UP WITH A WORKOUT PLAN, THANKS.... NOW HERE ARE ALL MY CATHE DVD'S I OWN (P.S... HATE ANY STEP AROBICS, LOL) O.K.. HERE THEY ARE:
1.HIGH REPS
2. MUSCLE MAX
3. BOOTCAMP/MUSCLE ENDURANCE
4. KICK, PUNCK, CRUNCH

5. CXT DVD SET (LIKE DOING UPPERBODY STRENGTH & KICKBOXING AS WELL AS ABS ON THAT DVD)
6.MMA:KICKBOX
7.STS AB CIRCUIT DVD
8. STRETCH MAX
AND THATS ABOUT IT FOR CATHE DVD'S FOR NOW, I WANT TO ADD TO MY COLLECTION:)
ALSO I LIKE TO DO AT LEAST 40-60 MIN INTERVAL ELIPTICAL TRAINING (BURNING ANYWHERE BETWEEN 600-900 CAL)
IAM WILLING TO DEDICATE 1 2/2 TO 2 HRS PER DAY IF NEEDED AS IS I HAVE BEEN DOING LIKE 2 HRS DAILY EXERCISEING TAKING ONE DAY OFF AND NOT GETTING RESULTS BUT BURNING MYSELF OUT, THAT IS WHY I NEED HELP!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!! THANKS SO MUCH:l)) HOPE 2 HEAR FROM SOMEONE! JEN:)

Oooh, you have all of my faves! I despise step aerobics, too, lol (LOVE kickboxing!) A few questions that could help others help you: which workouts have you been doing lately? have you been doing the ones listed above? full body or split body parts each day?

Since you want to do something different than what you've been doing, that would be quite helpful :)

Kiki... Thanks fo rgetting back to me, well I was actally doing for awhile chalean extreme (did nothing) then P90X (i like the cardio (kenpo & plyo) but didn't like the wts section especially since i was so use to lifting like ligter weights wit more reps ect... bu ti really haven't done that for a while either, i use to do Cathe like upper somedays,with cardio next day lower wit cardio ect.. then i got cathe meso sts but didn't like it cus i didn't have meso 1 & 2 and didn't have money to get them and i really wanted to start meso 1 and do my kickboxing W/O"s with eliptical trainer ect... but instead I sold my meso 3 (on ebay) and recently bought (higher reps, muscle max & the bootcamp/muscle endurance) got them all for only like $50 if that someone was selling them in a lot and i won them , i thought if i started working out with weights again like that (like i use to) i would then work myself up to eventually buying the entire sts set:)) So really what iam asking is how do i make it like a rotation like basis as if i was doing meso 1 with cardio & abs, or build my way up there adding definition muscle without the bulk and loose inches?? I know ALOT TO ASK RIGHT??LOL!! Wish I could just cross my arms like I dream of jeannie and make it happen (LMAO!!) but don;t we all?? so no anyone that can help?? I saw a few rotations someone named fitnessfreak does and would love her to make up like a 12 week (3 1/2 mth or 6mth) rotation thats wouls work for me including all my dvds:)) I also forgot to mention I also have sts travel fit!! I love that one too, great to use on the days u want a workout (interval ) but don;t have much time!! I really need to do this for myself , my body has been all out of wack since i lost my son and it will be almost 2 yrs this July 18th... it is getting so hard and i want to start doing something physically to make me like myself again, I use to be in the best shape ever!! I REALLY REALLY NEED this especially to keep myself going to want to get out of bed in the morning and stay sane for my daughter!! {{hugs}} Thanks I hope to hear from u soon:)) also I was wondering how do u add friends on here, I need a good workout pal , friend .... u seem to reply alot to soem of my posts... maybe we could be friends and workout buds on here! Thanks Kiki:)) Jen

Since the DVD's you currently own are more similar to Meso 1 type training, why not just start one of the rotations that FitnessFreak or Cathe have posted already, just keep an eye out for the ones that are for "endurance" training, since that what Meso 1 is all about, and then if you can swing any new purchases for Meso 2, you can move to Gym Styles or Pyramids. If not, then switch to CTX and combine the body parts (weight work) as done in Meso 2 (Day 1 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Day 2 Back and Biceps, Day 3 Legs) but go really heavy so that you're not doing more than 10-12 reps. Then do the cardio/ab workouts that you like on the in between days. Add in Stretch Max as needed (STS has an extended stretch portion at the end of every workout, so you may want to do it on your "STS" days - aka days you lift weight)

Also, here's a couple of FitnessFreak's endurance rotations:

http://cathe.com/forum/f100/total-body-endurance-rotation-aug-2006-a-236329/
http://cathe.com/forum/f100/endurance-muscle-defining-rotation-february-2007-a-236455/

Because she gives a generic breakdown, you can sub video's you don't have, for the ones that you do. For example: if Power Hour is listed, sub High Reps. And on the circuit days, use Boot camp.

Here's some of Cathe's "endurance" rotations:
http://cathe.com/forum/f100/april-rotation-muscle-endurance-235587/
http://cathe.com/forum/f100/may-2011-rotation-282676/

Since Cathe doesn't do the generic breakdown, you'll have to spend a few minutes figuring out what to sub for ones you don't have, but it can be done ;) For instance if it's a cardio workout, just choose one of your favorite kickboxing segments (or run on the elliptical for the amount of time that the workout would have been for), and the same goes for abs, just pick what you like. For a circuit workout, like Low Impact Circuit, just use your Bootcamp. For something like STS Total Body, you can use your Muscle Max (going pretty heavy on the weights) For lower body workouts (like Lower Body Blast, or Butts and Guts) use Leaner Legs, or Legs and Glutes.

Thanks sio much Kikster, I appreciate the advise, iam going to look all over u gave me and let u know what i decided to do and how it is working out!! I soso appreciate it!! again...Thanks so much, u have been a HUGE help!!! :)
Jen

4-Week Rotation

Here's a rotation using the videos you have. I had the most difficulty with varying the upper body routines so if you decide to pick up a few more videos, I'd recommend the Gym Style series and also the Push/Pull - Supersets one. The rotation will ramp up a bit in intensity as you progress from week 1 to week 4. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Loose Format:
Day 1 - Legs
Day 2 - Upper Body + Abs
Day 3 - Cardio
Day 4 - Upper Body + Abs
Day 5 - Cardio + Stretch
Day 6 - Total Body
Day 7 - Off

WEEK ONE
Day 1 - CTX Leaner Legs (53 min)
Day 2 - CTX Upper Body Split Back & Chest + STS Weights and Plates Abs
Day 3 - MMA: Kickbox (53 min)
Day 4 - CTX Upper Body Split Shoulders, Biceps, & Triceps + KPC Stability Ball Abs
Day 5 - Steady state cardio of choice (30 min) + Stretch Max #3 Resistance Band (20 min)
Day 6 - Muscle Endurance (64.5 min)
Day 7 - Off/Stretch

WEEK TWO
Day 1 - High Reps Lower Body Only Premix + Legs & Glutes Ankle Weights Premix (55 min)
Day 2 - Muscle Max Upper Body Only + CTX Abs segment of choice (~50 min)
Day 3 - CTX Kickbox - skip biceps (49 min)
Day 4 - High Reps Upper Body Only + CTX Abs segment of choice (~45 min)
Day 5 - Steady state cardio of choice (35 min) + Stretch Max #2 Stability Ball (20 min)
Day 6 - Boot Camp (58 min)
Day 7 - Off/Stretch

WEEK THREE
Day 1 - Muscle Max Lower Body Only Premix + Muscle Endurance Lower Body Split Premix (~60 min)
Day 2 - High Reps Upper Body Only + STS Stability Ball Abs (~60 min)
Day 3 - KPC Premix Intermediate + Combo 1 & 2 + High (53 Minutes)
Day 4 - Muscle Endurance Upper Body Split Premix + STS Yoga-Based Abs
Day 5 - Steady state cardio of choice (40 min) + Stretch Max #1 No Equip (20 min)
Day 6 - Muscle Max (72 min)
Day 7 - Off/Stretch

WEEK FOUR
Day 1 - Legs & Glutes (51 min)
Day 2 - Muscle Max Upper Body Push/Pull + STS No Equipment Abs (~45 min)
Day 3 - KPC Premix Cardio Conditioning + Boot Camp Cardio Only Premix (45 Minutes)
Day 4 - CTX Upper Body Split (all sections) + Boot Camp Core Only
Day 5 - Steady state cardio of choice (45 min) + Stretch Max #3 Resistance Band (20 min)
Day 6 - High Reps Scrambled Premix (65 min)
Day 7 - Off/Stretch

WOW... THANKS SO SO MUCH AND GUESS WHAT??? BECAUSE I ACTUALLY WON $100 GIFTCARD FROM CATHE FOR MY RECIPE I BOUGHT THE GYM STYLE DVDS + 4 DAY SPLIT + STS TOTAL BODY... SO SO HAPPY!! iAM STARTING THIS ROTATION 2MORRO...THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DO THIS FOR ME, IT MEANS SO SO MUCH:) {{HUGS}} CAN I SEND U A FRIEND REQUEST SO I HAVE A WORKOUT BUD AND HAVE SOMEONE TO CHECK IN WITH?? IT WOULD BE GREAT!! I WILL LET U KNOW HOW IAM DOING WITH IT... WARMLY, JEN :)

Wow! Congrats on winning the gift card and on scoring all those DVDs! You're gonna love every single one of them! (well...maybe not the step w/o's, lol) :D When your STS total body arrives you could add that into the current rotation that kkvls2004 gave you (if you're getting antsy and don't wanna wait til next month to crack it open, ;) lol), alternating it w/Muscle Max to give you even more variety (since it also has a premix that splits upper and lower body). Now, you're all set for your 2nd month's ("Meso 2") rotation! You can just do the 4DS program or alternate it w/Gym Styles (one week 4DS, next week Gym Styles w/cardio and abs on in-between/off days, the following week)

An example of how to incorporate this (of course you can sub out anything you don't like, but just to give you an idea):

Mon: 4DS Chest & Back + run on elliptical (instead of High Intensity Step)
Tue: 4DS Kickbox/Legs & Core
Wed: Stretch Max
Thurs: 4DS Shoulders Calves & Core + KPC Cardio Conditioning premix (instead of the Step workout on 4DS)
Fri: 4DS Boot Camp/Bi & Tri
Sat: off or optional cardio/abs of choice
Sun: OFF

Mon: Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps
Tues: MMA Kickbox Plus Ab Circuits Med Ball Abs
Wed: Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Thurs: Elliptical run plus KPC abs only
Fri: Gym Style Legs
Sat: 4DS Kickbox (Cardio and Abs section only)
Sun: Stretch workout of your choice

Mon: 4DS Chest & Back + 20-30 HIIT on elliptical (instead of High Intensity Step)
Tue: 4DS Kickbox/Legs & Core
Wed: Stretch Max
Thurs: 4DS Shoulders Calves & Core + steady state run on elliptical (instead of 4DS step w/o)
Fri: 4DS Boot Camp/Bi & Tri
Sat: off or optional cardio/abs of choice
Sun: OFF

Mon: Gym Style Back Shoulders Biceps plus ab circuit of choice
Tues: CTX Kickbox (cardio only) + CTX All Abs segment
Wed: Gym Style Legs
Thurs: Kick Punch Crunch
Fri: Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Sat: Elliptical run + STS Pilates abs
Sun: OFF / stretch

You have SO many options now :eek:, congrats again!

Hi kiki... Thank sagain, Now would that be my rotation for the 2nd month (like meso 2) or is that what u think i should do for mth one... kinda confused, LOL!! thanks hope to hear back from you I really appreciate it!! :) Jen

You can do that one for Meso 2 ;). Sorry to confuse, lol. The one that she gave you above is great for Meso 1. So just be sure to increase your weights for next month.

Let us know how it goes :). Have fun w/all your new DVDs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.