My husband doesn't think I NEED the presale items!

Just another angle on this . . . You don't suppose he is threatened by the intensity of these workouts and how Cathe looks . . . ?

I don't know how many of Cathe's workouts you own now but that just crossed my mind and thought I would throw it out there . .

Good Luck with your business!!!!!!!!!

Dawn

Hi Wendy! It IS a lot of money but when you break down how much it is for each workout it doesn't seem so bad...WORTH every penny! My hubby used to just roll his eyes whenever I would talk about ordering a new series UNTIL he decided to give the workouts a try himself. He was hooked on Cathe's strength tapes and LOVED Bootcamp! He even mentions to others how great of a workout we get at home with videos. (All Cathe!) Is it possible to get him to TRY one and maybe, just maybe, he'll be hooked just like you? Good Luck and BTW, selling some of your beginner tapes is a great idea.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I guess since you've already discussed it, it's too late for my favorite tactic--the forgiveness v.s. permission ploy.

My first line of approach is always the money/value issue. But you've already tried that, too. Why don't you call up all the gyms in your area and make a list of how much they charge for memberships? I find the comparison between a gym membership and home workouts to be impressive. Plus, you could add in the cost of childcare--if it's applicable. That's why I exercise at home--because I've got kids and it's too prohibitive to go out to exercise. Also, workouts are not like a piece of cardio or weight equipment that will go unused because your body is going to adjust to it and it will cease to be effective. That's the real beauty of "video" workouts--you can always add new ones and combine them differently so they're always effective. You still use your workouts, but since exercise is a way of life for you, you need a change every so often. He wouldn't want to read the same book every day, would he?

Oh, and look at how much health care money you're saving because you take good care of your body! I mean, some employers and insurance programs offer incentives to employees who exercise, don't they?

I'd better quit before I start getting ridiculous.

I hope this helps. . . and I hope it works on this end, too.

Good Luck to both of us,

Carol F

I guess since you've already discussed it, it's too late for my favorite tactic--the forgiveness v.s. permission ploy.

My first line of approach is always the money/value issue. But you've already tried that, too. Why don't you call up all the gyms in your area and make a list of how much they charge for memberships? I find the comparison between a gym membership and home workouts to be impressive. Plus, you could add in the cost of childcare--if it's applicable. That's why I exercise at home--because I've got kids and it's too prohibitive to go out to exercise. Also, workouts are not like a piece of cardio or weight equipment that will go unused because your body is going to adjust to it and it will cease to be effective. That's the real beauty of "video" workouts--you can always add new ones and combine them differently so they're always effective. You still use your workouts, but since exercise is a way of life for you, you need a change every so often. He wouldn't want to read the same book every day, would he?

Oh, and look at how much health care money you're saving because you take good care of your body! I mean, some employers and insurance programs offer incentives to employees who exercise, don't they?

I'd better quit before I start getting ridiculous.

I hope this helps. . . and I hope it works on this end, too.

Good Luck to both of us,

Carol F

UPDATE - My husband told me today that he really doesn't care that I ordered the Presale items- he said there are much worse things I could be spending our money on. In fact after offering to sell old tapes, he decided that I should just hang on to them just in case I might want them later. What a great guy!

UPDATE - My husband told me today that he really doesn't care that I ordered the Presale items- he said there are much worse things I could be spending our money on. In fact after offering to sell old tapes, he decided that I should just hang on to them just in case I might want them later. What a great guy!

Sounds like with a little time and thought both of you made a good decision. You both sound great.

Goodluck with the new business.

jordan

Sounds like with a little time and thought both of you made a good decision. You both sound great.

Goodluck with the new business.

jordan

I always ask my husband, "Would you rather me spend the money every month on workouts or on medical bills and medicine?" I'm doing this to stay healthy!

I always ask my husband, "Would you rather me spend the money every month on workouts or on medical bills and medicine?" I'm doing this to stay healthy!

Tell him that your body gets USED to the workouts you're doing now, and needs mixing up or it will go back to the way it was, or worse---the way it would be if you never worked out. Tell him if you don't mix it up, and give it a 'shock' with new tapes, it will shrivel up, atrophy, and things will start falling off---breasts, all the good stuff. Tell him Cathe knows this and that is why she keeps putting out new tapes.

Wait---he isn't a medical person, is he?

OH! OH! I KNOW!! Tell him that changing up workouts and shocking your muscles will kick your libido up a notch! THAT will get you the DVD's....absolutely.

Tell him that your body gets USED to the workouts you're doing now, and needs mixing up or it will go back to the way it was, or worse---the way it would be if you never worked out. Tell him if you don't mix it up, and give it a 'shock' with new tapes, it will shrivel up, atrophy, and things will start falling off---breasts, all the good stuff. Tell him Cathe knows this and that is why she keeps putting out new tapes.

Wait---he isn't a medical person, is he?

OH! OH! I KNOW!! Tell him that changing up workouts and shocking your muscles will kick your libido up a notch! THAT will get you the DVD's....absolutely.

I really like your tip - I think that if I do mention that my libido will be higher he probably would have let me order not only the presale but ALL the other tapes I want - then again maybe the tapes aren't worth it - Ha ha!

I think I should have ordered more tapes sooner because I think my breasts have already fallen off - I could have sworn they used to be bigger!

I really like your tip - I think that if I do mention that my libido will be higher he probably would have let me order not only the presale but ALL the other tapes I want - then again maybe the tapes aren't worth it - Ha ha!

I think I should have ordered more tapes sooner because I think my breasts have already fallen off - I could have sworn they used to be bigger!

>UPDATE - My husband told me today that he really doesn't care
>that I ordered the Presale items- he said there are much worse
>things I could be spending our money on. In fact after
>offering to sell old tapes, he decided that I should just hang
>on to them just in case I might want them later. What a great
>guy!

That's GREAT Wendy!!! :D

I have the same problem with my husband at times especially if we are trying to pay off bills. However, on Cathe I do not bend and I did order and I did not ask. I have my own "fitness funds" that I earn by being a group fitness instructor. I also sell some of my other workouts to pay for the ones that I want. Cathe is in my "permanent collection" category. Everything she puts out, I pre-order. Perhaps talking about the savings on no gym membership would help along with the benefits of regular exercising, muscle definition, perky butts, etc. would help. I finally have my husband understanding that I REQUIRE regular exercise or my attitude sucks and I get more and more hyperactive and cranky! That also has made my situation easier.

Of course, my husband has three riding lawn mowers, one of which cost a substantial amount of money, and that makes some of my answers even more persuasive.....perhaps your husband has a hobby that cost money that you could point out to him as an argument why your hobby should be supported???????

Good luck and try to be calm but firm - arguing does not help.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.