Michigan

JT

Cathlete
Hello Friends of the Forum.
Who is here from MI? Someone posted about MA and it was great.
For me, I'm in Grand Rapids but grew up in metro Detroit, lived in Charlevoix, Traverse City, and Midland.

Have a Great Night.

TIA.

I replied to this one before. I, too, an from Michigan. Actually, we are almost neighbors. I grew up on the West Side of Grand Rapids. I live in Rockford - well, actually, my mailing address is Rockford, but I live in Cannonsburg about 1 mile east of the ski lodge.

I remember your post right after Christmas. I saw it when I was in Florida visiting my son.

I have been doing Cathe for 11 years consistently. I have been coming to this forum for just over 7 years. I own every workout Cathe has ever made and I am a exercise fanatic!

So, where do you live in GR?

Cheryl

Home grown Michigander here too. Grew up in Mt. Pleasant - went to Beal City school. I now live in Indian River, where there's no good shopping:( but.....it is a beautiful area.;-)

Angie

I'm not from Michigan, but we may be going there for our family vacation this summer. I'd like to hit the upper peninsula and then perhaps to Mackinaw Island. Any must see things or good restaurants you can recommend? How about in the UP? We may be camping but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks!
Terri

Hi! I live in Big Rapids, 1 hour North from Grand Rapids and 1 hour West from Mt.Pleasant. (I think it's West??)

Hello Cheryl.
I live on the northeast side of Grand Rapids near Fuller & 3 Mile Road not too far from the Riverside Park Bike Trail and North Park.
You must be in great shape for doing Cathe workouts for over 11 years and what a collection! My co-workers look at me like I'm crazy until someone tells me that I look great.
We should do lunch sometime?

Have a Great Friday.

I'm in Ann Arbor--a ways from the rest of you.

If anyone comes to an event in A2-let me know.
I think someone here on the forums is from Kalamazoo?

-Barb:)

I live in Chesterfield Township, MI. That's in Macomb County, near Mt. Clemens area. I grew up in Sterling Heights, moved to the copper country in the UP when I was a teenager. I graduated from Michigan Tech in Houghton, MI. My husband was from Clinton Township and we met at Tech. After Graduation we moved back to this area, but for 2 years we moved to Kentwood, MI. which is the Grand Rapids area. Which we loved by the way, but he lost his job and we had to come back to Southeastern MI. So, long story short, I love Michigan and have ties to just about every area along the way.

Sally

Hey Sally, I live in Chesterfield too! And I also grew up in Sterling Heights! I graduated from Stevenson in '91 and went to MSU where I met my husband, who is from Troy. We Michiganders really should plan a Cathe get together.

Take care,

Klaudia

I just moved from Chesterfield! (24 Mile & Baker Rd) and now live in Royal Oak. But went to school in Big Rapids / Ferris State University and still have family there. What a small world!

I live in Wayland, which is located between Kalamazoo, and Grand Rpaids. Seems like some of us are very close....Lori

I am from greenville, MI and work in Grand Rapids at a dental office in the plainfield area, sawkaw drive

Penny

Terri,
Alot of beauty in the UP. If you are camping the best places to stay in my opinion are the state park campgrounds. I live in the lower pennisula but my famiy did the Mackinaw/ UP trip last year and the best campgrounds were the state ones. We were all over the UP from the Falls to Copper Harbour. My suggestion would to get a copy od Woodalls campground directory and maybe a book of what to see in the UP:7

Sally, where did you go to elementary/junior high? I knew a bunch of people who went to Utica. Where in Chesterfield are you? I'm at 23 mile and Foster. I thought I was the only person in this area who knew Cathe! Good to know I'm not alone in my obsession!!

Klaudia

Hi! It definitely is a small world. I'm originally from Miami, Florida but after my parents divorced moved back to Michigan with my mom. I grew up in Farmington Hills till Middle School then moved to Big Rapids area. Went to Morley-Stanwood High School in the middle of nowhere (whoo hoo :) ) Went to Ferris State until I graduated in 98. Moved to Ann Arbor area with my husband and we've been here since. Currently we live in Whitmore Lake, it's between Ann Arbor and Brighton.

It's nice to see Cathe fans from familiar places :)

Take Care,
Chastity

I live at 21 and gratiot in Briartowne (I know, I didn't have a very good real estate agent!). I went to Burr Elementary School and Jeannette Junior High. I left mid way through my 9th grade year. We lived off 18 1/2 mile rd between mound and ryan. I also thought I was the only one who knew Cathe around here. I try like crazy to get my SIL to try her out, but she has joint injuries from a motorcylce accident and is too afraid of the high impact. So, it's just me. We should start a MI check in and challenge thread!

Sally

Home grown. Born in Flint. Lived in Fenton until age 10 and then moved to Frankenmuth where I now reside.

It's snowing out right now and it looks really nice. I have a horrible cold other wise I would take the princess puppy and go snowshoeing for my workout today!

Enjoy,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.