Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be him- really, my worst nightmare. So much talent, and it really destroyed him.

He was such a fabulous dancer, and had some of the best songs ever in their genre, IMO.

They're playing "I want you back" on MTV right now, and little Michael is so cute (and looks so normal). What a life he could have had if the weirdness hadn't gotten to him.

Ok, 1) the whole "Jesus and sin" comment......yikes

And 2) if you were to take the worst sin I have ever committed in my life and multply it by one-billion, it would never come close to anything so diabolical and perverse as MOLESTING A CHILD!!!

I am going to have to bow out of this thread, because my head is about to explode. I wonder, for those of you that beleive Michael was innocent:

If he were a toothless poor man living in a trailer, would you have let your child sleep in the same bed with him? No? But add a few million dollars and a mansion, and it's okey-doke by you to pimp out your kids? Sad.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but no where in my post did I say it was okay to abuse children. What Michael did or didn't do is between him and God. I'm very familiar with the legal system and while "acquittal" means not guilty in our legal system, it many times means not enough evidence, or the prosecution failed.

Oh, and I never proclaimed MJ's innocence, why would anyone jump to that conclusion when many are only commenting about his music and/or talent? I think *that* is smug.

Last edited:
Ok, 1) the whole "Jesus and sin" comment......yikes

And 2) if you were to take the worst sin I have ever committed in my life and multply it by one-billion, it would never come close to anything so diabolical and perverse as MOLESTING A CHILD!!!

I am going to have to bow out of this thread, because my head is about to explode. I wonder, for those of you that beleive Michael was innocent:

If he were a toothless poor man living in a trailer, would you have let your child sleep in the same bed with him? No? But add a few million dollars and a mansion, and it's okey-doke by you to pimp out your kids? Sad.

I never said whether I believed the accusations against Michael Jackson. This thread was started for people to mourn the loss of a great artist...just as the Farah Fawcett thread was started...the Ed McMahon thread was started, etc.

If we want to look at "yikes" let's examine your last comment. You dare to say I would pimp out my kids? YIKES!

Carrie

Whether or not he was a pedophile, he was a gifted performer. His music defined a generation. When I think back to my childhood I remember him as being popular. I thought he was quite eccentric in the past few years and didn't follow what he did. I am saddened by his death as I am by most deaths.

Govtgirl, it's possible to deplore child abuse and someone who commits it, be shocked and troubled about that same person's unexpected death, and also discuss that same person's artistic genius.

I wouldn't say I'm "crying" over him, but I do find his death very bizarre and tragic. I don't excuse any harm he caused anyone, especially innocent children. I also think he was a tortured soul and that there's a lesson to be learned from his life and death.

It's not very nice to tell ppl that they would "pimp" out their children btw.

Amy

I never said whether I believed the accusations against Michael Jackson. This thread was started for people to mourn the loss of a great artist...just as the Farah Fawcett thread was started...the Ed McMahon thread was started, etc.

If we want to look at "yikes" let's examine your last comment. You dare to say I would pimp out my kids? YIKES!

Carrie

No, you said "let he without sin....dot-dot-dot" as though molesting children was just a sin like gluttony or sloth, or one of the other seven deadly sins. They don't equate.

And my last comment wasn't directed at "you", I was speaking to those that beleived Michael was innocent and was that based on his fame and celebrity, or would they give the same benefit of the doubt to an untalented poor man that wanted to take thier children into his bed?

It's not very nice to tell ppl that they would "pimp" out their children btw.

I was talking about the parents that let their children spend the night with Michael in his bed. Unless anyone here did that, I was not talking about "you" or "them". .

Ok, no more comments from me, you will be glad to note. I just don't understand how anyone can celebrate the life of a "man" that caused immeasurable harm to children. But, at least they have his catchy music to listen to! Wasn't that worth it?

I was talking about the parents that let their children spend the night with Michael in his bed. Unless anyone here did that, I was not talking about "you" or "them". .

Ok, no more comments from me, you will be glad to note. I just don't understand how anyone can celebrate the life of a "man" that caused immeasurable harm to children. But, at least they have his catchy music to listen to! Wasn't that worth it?

Everyone here has their own opinion on the subject you don't have to try and convince us. We have a right to what we feel or believe.
Now, I am not saying you are right and I am not saying you are wrong but let people feel what they want to feel.

I'm shocked. He had a weird, tragic, odd life, and of course many terrible allegations that followed him around. But the fact is that the guy was a human, and he had family and friends that loved him, and for them I feel sad.

MC

Michael Jackson will be remembered for the new face of music/King Of Pop and dance, not just in America but global. He sold over 100,000000 records. Won 13 Grammy awards, one of few artists that was induced in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (very rare). Made it multiple times in the Guinness Book of world records. He supported charities for alcoholism and drug abuse, he donated 5 million dollars to charity from the Victory Tour. Jackson co-wrote the charity single "We Are The World" with Lionel Richie, which was released worldwide to aid the poor in Africa and the US. He was one of 39 music celebrities who performed on the record. The single became one of the best-selling singles of all time, with nearly 20 million copies sold and millions of dollars donated to famine relief. He's been successful in so much more than what I wrote here, but I think you catch my drift. He is a legend in his own right and will certainly be, for many many years to come.

I will miss him.

Janie

Last edited:
He was an amazing performer and gifted artist. He was a lost soul who lost his way in life. I am saddened by his death. It is not the time to tear him down. Who are we to judge?

Susan

I heard this on the radio when I was in the car on the way home at about 8pm last night. I was shocked! Michael Jackson dead?? At 50??

I had just been talking to my inlaws about how Ed McMahon (sp?) and Farrah died. We said these things happen in threes so we wondered who would be next but I NEVER in a million years expected this! :eek:

He had a bizarre upbringing and no one to teach him limits,boundaries and appropriateness - hence I am highy suspect of the accusations against him...unlike OJ,he kept the respect and friendship of people like Quincy Jones,Liz Taylor, Brooke Shields...and when they interviewed the "mothers" of the accusers, one had to be suspicious..

That being said, wow, I've danced on stage, sung in the car, group danced at weddings,done donkey kicks and crunches, cried some tears for humanity - all through his music....

Middle age man,with 3 kids,debt,isolated/lonely,unthinkable stress - trying to workout 5 hours a day for a tour - likely in horrible somatic pain and numbing it with medicine to get on with it all....is it any surprise at all? He may have had a clean bill of health -but heart disease is a silent killer. Rumors of demerol - deadly drug when combined with certain other meds....

Very sad....

I grew up with Michael Jackson's music. I'm just devastated over his passing. I'm watching the news stations talking about him and hearing his music and I cannot stop crying. It's such a shock a and loss. So very sad.

Am I the only one not shedding a tear over the death of a PEDOPHILE?!

Farrah dying is sad. Michael dying is....no less than what he deserves for molesting children.

Before anyone attacks me, yes, I feel bad for his children. But how sad that they were conceived as a token for him, with the express intent of them NOT having a mother? Gadzooks, people.

There was never any proof of him being a pedophile.

There was never any proof of him being a pedophile.

If he was innocent, why the huge cash settlement??? Anyone who'd show up to a court of law in their jammies is capable of just about anything.

His music will be missed, what he became will not be, at least by me.

Regardless of what anyone thought of Michael Jackson the man, especially in his later years, the indisputable fact is that he was a musical genius. There is no one in my generation or the next who has influenced music the way Michael has. Most of the music videos you see today are influenced by him and he still has the number one selling album of all times - and that was in 1982, the year I graduated from high school. If you listen to The Jackson 5 when Michael was 8, his voice was incredible. I, for one, am sorry to see such genius to leave our world. We do not have enough of it.

I remember when the music video "Thriller" was released. Not everyone had cable in my neighborhood - in fact, most of us didn't. But my friend did, and she or her sister would watch MTV and wait until the little count down icon came up saying "Thriller in 10 minutes". She would the run outside where we all were and tell us. And we would all pile into her house to watch the video. We had so much fun listening to Michael and for that I will always be grateful to him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.