Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

Janis

Cathlete
Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-rushed-to-the-hospital/
Posted Jun 25th 2009 4:30PM by TMZ Staff

Michael JacksonWe've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance.

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well

(end of TMZ)

Last edited:
I hate to bring "gossip" here but TMZ has posted that he has died. I really hope that this is not true.

Having TWO childhood celebrities die on one day is terrible...fox and cnn are not posting this yet. I am still hoping that it is TMZ rumor....but sadly one of my coworkers say that they are rarely wrong.

Last edited:
DOA

R.I.P.
Michael Jackson Dies

Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff

Michael JacksonWe've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II

---end of TMZ---

Last edited:
Ah, hell. I can't help but think he would still be alive and much healthier and happier today if he had never been a child star in the Jacksons. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be him- really, my worst nightmare. So much talent, and it really destroyed him.

I am local and the stations here are not reporting his death yet.

KTTV has said he's in a coma, but has not said he is dead. The other stations are just reporting that he went into cardiac arrest and that his family members are saying that "he's not doing good".

They are possibly waiting on all the family members to gather before they officially announce it.

So sad.

Okay ETA: LA Times is reporting his death. :(

the only thing i am reading is what ppl are getting off TMZ.com i hope a reputable media comes out soon am so tired of some websites lazyiness just copying off tmz.com i just don't trust TMZ

kassia

Ah, hell. I can't help but think he would still be alive and much healthier and happier today if he had never been a child star in the Jacksons. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be him- really, my worst nightmare. So much talent, and it really destroyed him.

he was so adorable, but it's true such as sad childhood. i hope his children will be okay.

Wow! What a day to lose Farrah and Michael, both icons of our day. Michael was a true muscial genius...just a shame that his life was so troubled. I hope he has now found peace!

CNN has just confirmed he has died. What a sad day! And with Ed McMahon who was also an icon, that is three is two days.

I agree about TMZ, but the news is showing up from other sources - MSNBC for one. It's very sad, all that talent in such a tortured individual.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.