Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

I think it's one thing to go to a store for a few hours. It's another thing entirely to go to an awards ceremony, PLUG your new record label, talk about your new Blu-Ray venture, and dance in your seat - and your son's body hasn't even been put in the ground yet! That, to me, speaks volumes about the kind of 'father' figure MJ grew up with.

Gotta feel for MJ

I think it's one thing to go to a store for a few hours. It's another thing entirely to go to an awards ceremony, PLUG your new record label, talk about your new Blu-Ray venture, and dance in your seat - and your son's body hasn't even been put in the ground yet! That, to me, speaks volumes about the kind of 'father' figure MJ grew up with.

MJ grew up a wildly successful but messed up person thanks to his upbringing. His dad is showing his true self now - what a jerk this guy is! I hope he doesn't have much to say as far as the upbringing of MJ's kids.

MJ grew up a wildly successful but messed up person thanks to his upbringing. His dad is showing his true self now - what a jerk this guy is! I hope he doesn't have much to say as far as the upbringing of MJ's kids.

If you can believe what the tabloids are saying about MJ's will, I found it interesting and VERY telling that his father was not mentioned at all. Everything was left to his mother and children. From everything that I have read regarding Joe Jackson, he is a real piece of work!

Carrie

Went to Neverland Ranch on Monday (we just happened to be in the area). My friend with me was interviewed on 5PM news of local NBC station. Very cool for her to be on TV (and, saw myself in background)....

Am glad we went there prior to the hoards of people expected to go there on Friday....

Exactly! When my grandpa died we went shopping for clothes to wear to the funeral, cleaned and cooked for everyone who would visit after the funeral. It was weird to me (my first experience with a close family member passing) b/c it was almost like Christmas with the whole family shopping, being together, cleaning, cooking, except we were crying and laughing as we talked about my grandpa and remembered him. I don't think how people act, what people do after someone dies can be scrutinized as acceptable or not acceptable. We all deal with it in our own ways. Now, MJ's father is a different story all together.

I hate the way many of our child stars end up so screwed up. I agree with those who say it all comes down to money and the whole thing just seems very sad to me.

His father is pretty sleazy. That said, MJ never would've had the career he had if it wasn't for who is now called "Shameless" Joe Jackson.

It's an interesting question--would MJ have been better off never having been a celebrity at all? He has his father to thank for his career, but he has his father to thank for his dysfunctionality, insecurity & total inability to become an adult.

I wonder how he would've turned out if he'd never been forced to become an entertainer?

Exactly! When my grandpa died we went shopping for clothes to wear to the funeral, cleaned and cooked for everyone who would visit after the funeral. It was weird to me (my first experience with a close family member passing) b/c it was almost like Christmas with the whole family shopping, being together, cleaning, cooking, except we were crying and laughing as we talked about my grandpa and remembered him. I don't think how people act, what people do after someone dies can be scrutinized as acceptable or not acceptable. We all deal with it in our own ways. Now, MJ's father is a different story all together.

I hate the way many of our child stars end up so screwed up. I agree with those who say it all comes down to money and the whole thing just seems very sad to me.

Well said. My dad's mother passed away when he was seven. He often tells the story of how he had to dig his fingernails deep into his palm so that he could cry at her funeral. But I think his lack of tears was due to shock and a grief-induced state of numbness. I don't know the whole story, but it just didn't seem like that was the case with Joe Jackson. Look at Janet's demeanor (sp?) at the BET Awards... you could see the emotion on her face and hear the sadness in her voice and in her pauses. Joe, meanwhile, didn't mention his grief, didn't mention his son's passing, simply called him an 'icon' a 'legend,' and went on to promote his new record label. Ugh, I get a wee bit sick just thinking about it.

The sad, cold, hard reality is, that even though someone we love, or in MJ's case someone famous for various reasons, passes away, life still goes on. And that, includes the need to shop. BUT thats for us "mere mortals" who live in the real world. In the Jackson case, what on earth could those children possibly require that they a) havn't already gor or b) needed so badly she had to go out shopping in the midst of the media frenzy focussed on her and her family at this time?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.