Me :-)

What an amazing transformation! I truly am inspired! Can you give me an idea of your favorite bkfst, lunch, dinner, and snack? I'm trying to get an idea of what "clean eating" is. Thanks. I'm a 38 yr old mom of 5 with at least 30 pounds to lose and NO energy. I want to get healthy and strong, and I've been surfin' the net for motivation. Your pics were truly what I was hoping to see, thanks for sharing.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this post. It makes me feel really good to think I can possibly motivate someone! It also keeps me motivated too!

Here is typically what I eat in a day:

M1: Eggwhite and spinach omlette in a whole grain wrap
M2: Oatmeal and Eggwhite protein pancake with mixed berries and banana on top
M3: Grilled chicken spinach & romaine salad w/balsamic vinegar and flax oil
M4: Broiled Tilapia with broccoli and/or asparagus
M5: Grilled chicken w/brown rice, broccoli and carrots

My favorite snacks are bananas with almond butter, raw cashews and peanuts and number one on my list is cottage cheese blended with protein powder and then stuck in the freezer for a bit. If you use a great tasting protein powder this tastes just like soft serve ice cream - my 9 year old will even eat it! (My favorite combo is Dymatize Butter Toffee Whey Protein Powder, ½ cup cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of almond butter . . . . . blend til creamy, freeze and it is soooooooo good!)

I hope this was helpful – if you have any other questions or need any help with motivation feel free to email me at [email protected] – I’m always happy to send periodic emails to try and keep someone motivated. Most importantly know that you can lose the weight, get healthy and be strong.

Travis :)

WOW TRAVIS!!!

Travis, what an AMAZING story!!! :eek: You are so beautiful and SO buff! Welcome to the Cathe Nation and thanks for sharing your success story with us!!! :D

My favorite snacks are bananas with almond butter, raw cashews and peanuts and number one on my list is cottage cheese blended with protein powder and then stuck in the freezer for a bit. If you use a great tasting protein powder this tastes just like soft serve ice cream - my 9 year old will even eat it! (My favorite combo is Dymatize Butter Toffee Whey Protein Powder, ½ cup cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of almond butter . . . . . blend til creamy, freeze and it is soooooooo good!)

I'm going to have to try this one.....sounds interesting.

Dang!

May I just say that, IMHO, you looked pretty good in your BEFORE pic from Aug. 2005.
Congrats on your success!

May I just say that, IMHO, you looked pretty good in your BEFORE pic from Aug. 2005.
Congrats on your success!

Thank you so much! That's really nice of you to say. I don't think I looked bad, I just didn't feel good and knew there was more in me.

Travis, what an AMAZING story!!! :eek: You are so beautiful and SO buff! Welcome to the Cathe Nation and thanks for sharing your success story with us!!! :D

Thanks Kathy -- I love being told I'm buff!!!

My oldest son told me I had arms like Will Smith's :eek: I said "is that a compliment?" And he said "duh mom! YES!"

I just wanted to post a clarification on the meals that I posted.

I've gotten a couple of emails from people asking me about my carb intake - because the sample of my meals that I posted doesn't have much in the way of starchy carbs --

While it is true that I limit my starchy carbs, I also rotate my carb intake in 3 day incriments - a low day, medium day and high day -- I eat about 50 grams of starchy carbs (brown rice, EZ bread, sweat potatos, etc.) on a low day, 60 on a medium day and 70 on a high day. The rest of my carbs are all vegetables and fruit - I rotate my protein and fat intake too, but I'm not as strict about that as I am the starchy carbs. . .

If this doesn't make sense send me an email and I can be more detailed, I just didn't want anyone to think that I'm a no carb kinda girl, because I am clearly NOT. :rolleyes:

This just seems to work for me.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this post. It makes me feel really good to think I can possibly motivate someone! It also keeps me motivated too!

Here is typically what I eat in a day:

M1: Eggwhite and spinach omlette in a whole grain wrap
M2: Oatmeal and Eggwhite protein pancake with mixed berries and banana on top
M3: Grilled chicken spinach & romaine salad w/balsamic vinegar and flax oil
M4: Broiled Tilapia with broccoli and/or asparagus
M5: Grilled chicken w/brown rice, broccoli and carrots

I hope this was helpful – if you have any other questions or need any help with motivation feel free to email me at [email protected] – I’m always happy to send periodic emails to try and keep someone motivated. Most importantly know that you can lose the weight, get healthy and be strong.

Hi Travis
mmm the meals and your snack example sound yummy!
I have a couple of questions:
Do you buy the egg whites in a carton, or do you just separate them out from a whole egg and throw the egg out? I get my almond butter from Trader Joe's -- where do you get yours? And, last question for now is: Where do you get that brand Dymatize protein powder -- mail order or in town locally?

I may try your "soft serve ice cream" treat -- but, I eat Trader Joes non-at or greek yogurt, and that might be good if I find some tastey protein powder and copy you! :D

Thanks for posting your story! Your pictures and your descriptions of your lifestyle are motivating!

Hi Travis
mmm the meals and your snack example sound yummy!
I have a couple of questions:
Do you buy the egg whites in a carton, or do you just separate them out from a whole egg and throw the egg out? I get my almond butter from Trader Joe's -- where do you get yours? And, last question for now is: Where do you get that brand Dymatize protein powder -- mail order or in town locally?

I may try your "soft serve ice cream" treat -- but, I eat Trader Joes non-at or greek yogurt, and that might be good if I find some tastey protein powder and copy you! :D

Thanks for posting your story! Your pictures and your descriptions of your lifestyle are motivating!

Hi Linda, :)

I buy eggs and separate them and throw the yolk out – my husband and my oldest son eat eggs so it’s just easier that way – I usually buy 5 dozen at a time from Costco.

I will buy almond butter at Costco, but that’s my back up almond butter (because I love it so much it’s imperative that it’s always in the house!) -- I order my absolute favorite kind online – Justin’s http://justinsnutbutter.com/ it is really really good. Their Honey Almond is the BEST!!!!!

And Dymatize protein powder I order on line. I have not yet been able to find it locally.

I love Trader Joes greek yogurt – that is the creamiest yogurt I have ever eaten!!! I love Trader Joes in general, but I have not tried their almond butter yet. I’ll have to try that.

If you have any more questions Linda, let me know – I’m always happy to share!!

Travis

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are absolutely GORGEOUS and so inspiring!! Thank you so much for sharing these pics!!!

Carol
:)

Your pics are great! You look AWESOME :)

I'm glad you are sharing at the forums!!!!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Wow

your pictures are amazing, with the new year starting I needed some motivation. Are you still working out like you were when you originally posted this?

While I did have a few months of NO motivation and not very helpful eating habits I am back to working out and eating right and feel pretty good, (even though I have enjoyed plenty of Christmas treats). Truthfully I didn't gain much weight during my non motivated time, but I got a little soft. I'm not a fan of "soft" so I think that helped motivate me to kick my butt into gear again.:p

Happy New Year!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.