Maximum Intensity Cardio

Well, I'm living to tell about it. I found the last part of the Hi/Lo to be the hardest part. I really didn't think the blast at the end of the step portion was as hard as I thought it was going to be, but then again, I may have been pooped out and not giving it my all. The thing I liked about this workout is that your heat rate gradually increases and then stays up there. I think Imax is much more difficult...I guess because my heart rate goes up and down. I think I do better when my heart rate stays elevated. Anyway, I will keep working on MIC! Another workout to have a love/hate relationship with! :p

I just did the step portion yesterday. It was lots of fun. I am not a huge fan of hi/low, but I just adored the step portion. :)

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Isn't the "Evita" music great?

Melanie, I am not a hi/lo fan, either, and I really just about pass out during part one of MIC. But I love the step portion -- it's really one of my all-time favorite 30-minute cardios -- and to me, one of the best parts is finishing up to "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina." I am grinning like a fool the whole time.

MIC step and CTX Step & Intervals cardio only, put together, make the most exhilirating hour of step, IMHO. Real high on the fun factor scale!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

RE: Isn't the

Hey Kathy,

I have to admit I haven't tried the step alone from MIC. In fact I downright just avoid that tape because I can't take hi/lo and it just plain scares me.

But now I'll have to have another try at the step portion, and your combo from CTX Step. Thanks for the tip!

Another tape I find high on the fun factor that I just did again recently is Power Max. I hadn't done it for months, but that tape is a blast. I'm definitely keeping that one near the top!

I agree Kathy, the step portion rocks especially the blast at the end. And I also share everyone's opinion of part one. As soon as the high impact starts, I "automatically" modify even then I don't get to the 'swim' part .... eeesh, some day for sure!!!

>Melanie, I am not a hi/lo fan, either, and I really just
>about pass out during part one of MIC. But I love the step
>portion -- it's really one of my all-time favorite 30-minute
>cardios -- and to me, one of the best parts is finishing up to
>"Don't Cry for Me, Argentina." I am grinning like a fool the
>whole time.
>
>MIC step and CTX Step & Intervals cardio only, put together,
>make the most exhilirating hour of step, IMHO. Real high on
>the fun factor scale!
>
>http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy
>S.

The first time I did this video, I just did the step portion. The next time I thought I would just go for it and do the whole thing...YEAH, RIGHT!!! It's still a blur, but I know I did not get very far. My friend borrowed it and just loves it so I just gave it to her. I'll eventually buy the RS/MIC/IM DVD, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to tackle MIC again...;(

Mochajava,
You will be able to tackle it again...do it on the first day of your workout week when you are freshest after a rest day. It is more "doable." It is still HARD, but a little more doable in my opinion after a nice rest day.;-)

MIC is a toughie! It was my first Cathe ever too :) (back in '99) and I HAAAATED it, but it has quickly grown on me! Sometimes, it is more satisfying to hate a video first, then have it grow on you slowly, so that you have a different feeling about it each time (better and better)
I am the opposite of alot of you, I prefer the hi/lo segment to the step segment, but I do like the whole tape in general (on a high energy day!)

I have been trying to decide which Cathe is the hardest, b/c some days, Body Max really tops that list, or IMAX1, but overall, I think that MIC is the hardest Cathe ever!

Hey Melanie-(fraffy) did someone see the kick punch and crunch video yet?? Or, from the descriptions does someone think that this one will be harder than MIC???

If that is true, I can NOT imagine what level Kick punch and crunch is at! OMG!
I would love an MIC 2 someday as well!

I love MIC because it can easily be adapted. It's tough the way it is and I love the way I feel when I finish it, but I've also done the hi-lo portion as a low impact workout, just taking out the jumps. All the knee lifts, kicks, and twists can get your heart rate up better than walking. There aren't many low impact workouts that can do that. It's great if you're injured and want to do something indoors or if you're a beginner and want to work up to the higher intensity. It's my favorite. I do part or all of it every week.

Enjoy!

I do MIC in two parts. I always have. Guess I"m a wuzz but I can't do the whole thing all together yet!!! It's wicked }( but I love it :+

And Anna!!! you must get this little gem. Spilt it up like I do, it's a goodie.

Edith :9

Has anyone ever done the step portion on a 4" step? I have a Reebok step and its lowest height is 6". After the hi-lo section, the 6" step is still too high. I was thinking about ordering the Step Club Top (4" high) and trying the workout in its entirety. I've only ever done MIC in two halves.

Cathy

Jaime,

Hi!

This is the exact quote from the thread titled "Kick Punch and Crunch."

"Kick,Punch and Crunch may be the biggest surprise in the entire Body Blast series and probably Cathe's toughest video ever! At least that is the opinion of the production crew who were left amazed by the intensity and action of this workout."

I'd post the link to the thread, but I don't know how too.

I guess we shall have to see for ourselves how it compares to MIC when we actually do it, but it sure sounds like it's going to be a killer!
}(

Melanie :)

MIC is the hardest workout ever. IMAX and Circuit Max are much easier.

I do all of MIC but only do it once in a while.

I love this tape. I try to get do it about once a week. Previously I would only do half at a time but it really feels like you have done something if you can get though the whole thing. That is my tape on days I have extra time and want to sweat a cookie or two off.

Karen:)

Yes, it's hard but I LOVE it!! It's exactly the kind of aerobic challenge I was looking for!! I'm not able to make it all the way through ... yet ... but if I could on the first try, it would have been a waste of my money. I do the hi/lo and step parts on different days, always doing the warmup and stretch with them. Then, I do one of the Slow and Heavy series tapes to finish off my workout. I hope she keeps making them this intense!! I absolutely LOVE them all!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks this tape is extremely challenging, but FUN!!

Carol
:)

I just got this on DVD and yesterday did only the hi/lo portion. I couldn't imagine after doing the hi/lo even attempting to do the step portion. I plan on splitting this workout up into 2 shorter workouts. Sometimes I need a shorter Cathe workout for times sake. BTW the hi/lo segment just about killed me, the only reason my heartrate was at the top of the chart and not off of it,is was right before she takes the HR check she slows down to a march and that allowed my HR to slow just enough to be on the chart,LOL!!:+

It is fun though and next I will try the step portion.

:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.