Mats on steps in STS blog

meowracer

Cathlete
Where do you get those black mats that fit the steps, shown in the STS blog? I have a nice floor mat, but it hangs over the step and gets in the way of my arms. As much as I've been visiting Academy, you would think one would have popped out at me :) Thanks in advance. Also, if anybody can chime in on the incline bench question, I would appreciate it. Just wondering if it is worth it or not (I found a good used one). Thanks, Shana

Shana
Cant help ya on the mat but I think my adjustable bench was a FABULOUS investment.... It allows you to hit muscles in new ways by being on incline/decline which challenges them & keeps workouts fresh. Many times I use the bench to do this so I can do the same workout with a new twist (IE: GS).... Also in the decline position you can work the hamstrings really well (& differently than a DVD) simply by adding leg weights.
If you found a "deal" on one I say GET IT!

Hi,

I purchased my "step" mat from Fitness First at www.fitness1st.com.

It was $17.50 plus shipping and worth every penny! It is more of stiffer pad than a flexible mat, but very cushy and comfortable. I struggled with the floor-mat-over-the-step for years, and the step mat is vast improvement.

Hope this helps,
Debbie Russo

I just took a pair of sissors and cut down a yoga mat. I use a small piece of it for under my knees during pushups. (I have boney knees) ;-)

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´ -:¦:- Smiles
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´*

Hi Shana! Hmmmm, I really thought that we got these from Power Systems yet when I ran a search to give you the link I could not find them at all. I'll have to look further into this. But I agree, my standard sized mat always gets in my way so I loved how quick and easy this custom sized mat was to maneuver around. If you have an extra mat, you can also cut it to size and that will work just as well. Have fun!

Why, thank you! They just look so comfy on the blog, and would be so much easier than cutting and having, undoubtedly, crooked edges. :) On this subject, sort of ...would an incline/flat bench be of benefit for the STS? I have a leg curl/press bench that does some incline (and the step bench with a lot of extra risers, plus the slanted risers), and the guy I got the leg bench from also has the incline/flat bench. They are both Parabody brand (now Life Fitness), so they are quite nice for the used price. When your pull up thing comes out, that will also be coming home with me ;) Thanks in advance, and if you find out where the mats come from, I would also appreciate that info. Shana

> I really thought that we got these from
>Power Systems yet when I ran a search to give you the link I
>could not find them at all.

That is odd, since I'm pretty sure I got mine (which is actually a very dark blue rather than black) from there as well, and I can't find it!

Terri - Thank you! I found it with your help, and it is now in my basket until I decide if there is something else I "need!" Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :)

Shana

Nothing fancy for me - I put an old throw rug on my step. It has the advantage of absorbing the sweat too. :)

Susan L.G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.