Lurker Invitations Feb. Check-In

Good Mornin'

Last night I did Imax 2-- Felt great! Burned 430 cals!

Tonight is MM again!

Anyone have V-day plans??

Happy Valentine's Day!

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Janie

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,
Happy Valentines Day! Well I worked out this week, but I find I am getting super busy so I don't have the time in the evening, I am thinking about am workouts, just have to get my butt out of bed. So I am still following the begginner workout of Cathe's almost finished, only 3 more weeks to go. Janie, I did take a few days off this week and I feel way better. My heart rate was good and my cal burn last night was 500, so I did the Low Impact step, toning pre mix. Not too bad, although we had a ton of rain this week and my workout room got water in it and I had to get out the shop vac and clean it up, funny how you can never get it all up at once. Today I am thinking Rythmic Step, or Step Heat, I haven't done that one in a long time. Hope fully the rug will be dry and I wont have to put a towel under my step like yesterday. Better news for me, I lost another 2 pounds this week, that makes me very happy:D

Michelle: What happenned with the moose?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Janie, I see you are upaand at em early this morning! :D

Me, too! Did PLB today already! Used the step version instead of the ball for the floor work, though! PUB yesterday, had HS Ciruit scheduled but, was scheduled differently but, woke up sick Thursday and didn't do anything! :(

Hope everyone has a Great Day! Check in later!

Happy Valentines Day
Well been busy...did do Muscle Max on thursday though. Nothing Yesterday. Trying to motivate today, cleaning the house so it will be nice for a romantic dinner tonight...

I am thinking of doing a body bar DVD either circuit or a whole body one....

Enjoy you loved ones today!!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I feel like I'm back among the living. Haven't checked in for a few days because I got bogged down with work. But, I am happy to say that I finished my paper yesterday and I am not opening my briefcase all weekend.

While I didn't manage to check in, I did manage to workout. This week I've been rotating one day with Step Blast and one day with Slow and Heavy. Yesterday way S&H legs and shoulders, today was Step Blast. I'm getting better with the routine in step blast but the challenge at the end leaves me gasping for air. I don't do the air jacks on the last blast, I just stick with regular plyos.

Today is my DH's birthday and my present for him has not arrived. It's back-ordered until goodness knows when from Williams-Sonoma. He's the cook in our household and loves the All-Clad cookware. So, we'll wait. The gift will get here sooner or later. Last night, Joe surprised me with lobster for dinner--yummy. Tonight, we'll go out to eat to celebrate his birthday.

Cooking Patty: No mooses here in Virginia. I'd have to double-check the thread for who had the moose encounter: Ladubose maybe?

TLSTOT: what do you think of muscle max? I don't have that one yet. How would you compare it to some of Cathe's other dvds that focus on weights, like slow and heavy, powerhour and MIS, PUB/PLB/ or muscle endurance?

Shoegal: I love to read your shoe report. I love shoes but keep mine pretty simple. I love my Clarks and my boat shoes. I have one pair of Ferragamos and one pair of Michael Kors flats. The rest of my "dress" shoes are mostly from Talbots.

Hope everyone has a great day.
~michelle

Happy Valentine's Day!
Today i did LoMax and Namaste Episode# 4.

Michelle: I have StepBlast but haven't tried it yet. I think i'll try and start using it this week. Thanks for the reminder!

Laura: I did not do anything yesterday either!:eek: It's a marathon not a sprint so even if there are ups and downs we just have to continue to move forward right?

CookingPatty: I would love to be able to workout in the am but i am just not a morning gal. Even if i do manage to get out of bed, i just don't have the energy in the am. I hope you have better luck with it!

Tracy: You are making me want both Rythmic Step and Muscle Max but i'm trying to save my $$ right now so i'm resisting the urges to expand my collection right now and focus on using what i have!

I hope everyone else is having a great day! See ya next time!

Elle

Happy Valentines Day to all,
Just got done doing M1 W1 D3 Legs. I will be doing the M1 legs for another 2 weeks every other day without weights as that is all I can manage because it gets my heart rate up there. It sure is indicative of the sad shape I am in. It seems more like a cardio workout.

Michelle-how awesome to have a delicious lobster dinner cooked by DH!

Cooking patty-Congratulation on the two pound loss. Your two pounds must have found their way over to my backside because my favorite j crew cords were quite snug today.

Shoe-gal-are your girls indoor or outdoor girls? I also have two boys, a german shepherd thats as big as a camel and my supermodel siberian husky. Supermodel because while beautiful to look at, he is not the sharpest crayon in the box ! But momma still adores them!

Janie-what did you and your Joey do today to celebrate Vday? I hope it involved your hot tub!!

Take care all,
Booboo

Warning: Moose update and overlong long message!

Hi all, hope you’re having a great Valentine’s Weekend!

I arrived home about midnight Friday, all planes on schedule – what a good feeling that was. The tone in DC is tumultuous, it will be hard to get any real work done until people settle into their roles. Still, one has to try. I’ll admit to being shoe-blind, but I am sure I passed many fascinating ones in the shops near the Capitol!

The hotel where I stayed had a bare-bones setup: a pair of treadmills, a pair of exercise bikes, and some unusual weights I’d never seen before. They consisted of a handle with two wire mesh cubes on the end, and apparently one is supposed to put different weights in the cubes. I’d just done my weight training for the week, so I didn’t use them and can’t report on whether they are easy to work with – but they took up very little space!

My workouts were cardio. It is quite possible that doing three days of STS followed by a day in a plane, followed by three intense Cardio Coach sessions where I set/matched PRs in max heart rate, is not the most sensible exercise plan  Here’s what I ended up doing.

2/6-8 STS M1W1D1-3
2/9 airportsstarting oh dark hundred; active rest day, 30+ min walking in concourses
2/10 Cardio Coach 4, treadmill, set new personal max HR
2/11 Cardio Coach 2, bike
2/12 Cardio Coach 5, bike equaled personal max HR
2/13 meetings, rest day/flight home – 30 min walk, concourses and sidewalk
2/14 STS M1W1D2R/triceps (R for repeat week), 45 minute hike

For those doing STS - I noticed I was able to use slightly heavier weights! I’ve picked up Cathe’s weighted gloves (on sale locally), and for most exercises I could wear them. Maybe all that extra rest had something to do with it? It still feels very strange to hit each body part only once a week with strength training. But, am loving the program!

Someone asked about the end of the moose story (yes, that was me, back in my country boots, which I do know the name of – Sorrels. Bought late 1993 and going strong, except for a crack in the left one’s sole that requires mending and frayed laces on both sides).

Running is a bad idea when faced with angry wildlife: they tend to pursue. With the dogs barking, Momma wasn’t likely to believe I was just another herbivore. Instead I cast myself as a predator who was cowed and slinking away – in other words, not a predator that needed to be trompled for sake of Baby! I carefully moved away from her, staying in front, moving from one tree to another, maintaining eye, and I made sure she could see me moving away and definitely not circling behind her. And I made sure the dogs stayed near me. That meant remaining somewhat in sight and in the open - which may sound a little weird but it worked for my persona as scared predator running away from triumphant Momma. The trees were to buy time in case she did charge, which I was half convinced she would do … At a guess, she weighs more than my biggest horse, who is 1500 pounds and almost 17 hands ... Once I was clearly well away from Momma, the dogs and I made a very obvious move in the open to walk away, downhill, in the open, so it would be obvious we were leaving. It seemed to me that she also moved away, uphill, at that point, but without my glasses that’s a guess.

Yesterday I hiked back up to the place where I saw them. The moose were gone - only footprints left in the deep snow. The tree where I first ducked for cover was much closer to the thicket where she stood than I’d remembered; I took a picture, and will see about uploading it.

Patricia, even if you are getting busier in the evenings, sounds like you’re doing a terrific job with your weight loss!

Michelle, how do you like Slow and Heavy? If I hadn’t started STS it would have been up for this month, to follow the Gym Style rotation. As it is, it’s sitting unopened on my shelf.

Shoegal, BooBoo, you crack me up with those shoe reports!!! I am hopeless in that department – unless we’re talking riding boots, in which case I can at least hold down a conversation. And I can speak acceptably to the question of different leather qualities because it is used in saddles and bridles as well as boots! My work shoes, though, I confess to thinking of by color and height.

Elle, you remind me that I need to learn LoMax! I tried it too early, last year, and gave up. But it would be perfect in between STS dvds … thanks for mentioning that one.

Laura, hope you had a wonderfully romantic dinner. How do you like those body bar workouts? Not that I ought to invest in anything exercise oriented except a barbell system and perhaps squat rack … Did someone say it was cheaper to work out at home than a gym??? So far I think I’m running about even.

Janie, great Valentines Day avatar! How are you making them???

Hi to everyone else I missed – time to go feed the horses. I really enjoy the switch from city scientist to country living :)

Hello,
Went to mass this morning, had a little breakfast in Little Italy w/DH. Went to the bakery for fresh bread for dinner tonight. When DH is home on Sundays we have pasta, red sauce and bread. He did buy a big chunk of provolone after I begged him not to. I am scared that tonight I will crack and have white bread, cheese and my wine. Ugh! I wish I could be as disciplined as many of you ladies are. Gonna do M1 W2 D6 which I think is legs. Got build up the legs! Then comes laundry, vacuuming, dusting, dinner, dishes etc.... Wow I can feel all the jealousy :) :)

Shoe Report-Saphire blue patent Italian leather J crew driving mocs. I have em' in several colors. Uber comfy!

Shadow pup-what in your professional equestrian expertise is the best leather for all things equestrian? I am a sucker for anything that says Italian leather.

And to all a good night!
Booboo

Elle - I just read your post. Neat! You really are a Cathe-ite!

Booboo, it depends on whether you are looking at bridles or saddles or boots. I tend to go for the English leathers for the horses, because the high end suppliers there have a such good balance between softness, durability, and cost. The first bridle I ever bought, back in the mid 1980s, is still in very good shape (except for a rein that was nibbled on by someone else's horse, when it was "borrowed" in a place I used to board my mare and left out.) My English leather saddle, ditto - you can see it on Picante, up there in my picture - it has been all over and you can hardly see the wear, except for a nice patina and one scoring on the back end where it hit the concrete. It's almost 25 years old now. German leather is also excellent, just pricier. I have tried on Italian in riding boots and they were really comfortable, but the leather just struck me as not durable enough for daily use under riding conditions ... I don't have it on anything that the horses wear. Dehner makes some of the nicest boots around, and I was thinking about investing in a pair - but opted for STS instead. Their leather guide is here: http://www.dehner.com/leather_guide.html . Gloves, too, the European leathers - soft and durable. Often these will be calfskin, buttery and thin so you can tell what you are doing. I am lucky to get a year out of a pair, but I like them to be soft and pliable ... This is where I would put Italian if I could :)

Brazilian leathers - yuck, yuck, yuck when it comes to tack. No idea when it comes to shoes :) But I have never yet had a brazilian leather that lasted anything like my English leathers; even blanket buckles fall apart in a year or two. They always feel thin and fragile. And the last thing you want in a stirrup, girth, or rein is fragility!

Last edited:
Well, I have been lacking in motivation lately!:eek: Don't know why exactly, just hard to get going. Part of it maybe that it has been cold lately and I workout in a yurt on my property and it takes quite a lot of work to get the yurt heated up. I have to plan way ahead of time! The sickness lingered & energy not normal even though I am no longer sick....

Took the girls skiing this morning, we only did a few runs and we were all pooped. Thinking of doing an upper body weight lifting DVD this evening..

So I do like the body bar DVD's. And I like only having one piece of equipment. But to be honest I pull them out one time to Cathes 20 times!

Trying to keep in Ellep's perspective of keeping the overall schedule in mind I am going to get back on track with 5-6 workouts a week for the rest of the month!:D

Another day of slow and heavy. Today was triceps and biceps. Can't wait to see how my arms feel tomorrow. Each day after S&H this past week has been like a new adventure in DOMS. The ab sections that Cathe includes with these workouts are pretty good too.

Shadowpup: you were in DC this week? I work in Alexandria, we might have been able to meet. Let me know the next time you are headed to our lovely nation's Capital. I'm wondering how long you've been riding horses? You sound like you are a pretty accomplished rider. When I was growing up in SW VA, we had a horse. It really was my older sister's horse. I wasn't very good at riding, but I exceled at falling off. Did it so many times, I could land on my feet after a while. Haven't been on a horse since I was 16 years old and have no desire to give it another go.

Elle-P: I love Low Max. It's one of my favorites. I'm finding that the more Cathe dvds that I do, the more favorites that I have. My sister and I have a saying: So many Cathes, so little time.

Went to a babyshower for my neighbor today. It's been a while since I've been to a baby shower. Me, the woman who has no children, actually won one of the games that we played. Had to match baby food (from jars with no labels) to the labels. Only way to play this game is to tast the baby food. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The meat flavored baby food was pretty nondescript and quite frankly the least appealing, but the mango baby food was pretty good.

~michelle

Good Sunday Afternoon ladies!

Laura Sorry to hear you were under the weather! glad you are felling better! :D

I am glad it's not a sprint...I would have lost a long time ago :eek: :( Am really trying to stick to the marathon though!

Did Low Max today, had to skip the 5th step section... no room to do those high kicks where I work out :( still a good workout without it though! MM tomorrow! Love these workouts! Who am I kidding I love all of the ones I have!!!! So I am right there with you Michelle!

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! We didn't do much sushi for lunch and a movie at home! A good day! Am trying not to be down DD is leaving next weekend and Father is in the hospital.

Have a good night everyone!

Last edited:
Good evening everyone,
I just finished Jari Love's Ripped to the Core. I slept a lot this afternoon. I am taking these anti-histamine's to control a problem i have with extremely itchy skin and hives. Both my doctor and dermatologist prescribed Reactine since it is covered under my health plan. They just knock me out (and that's taking 1/2 a pill before bed). I had a hard time waking up to go teach yoga this morning and by around 1:00pm i needed to take a "nap". DH got home at 5:30pm, woke me up and we went out for Indian food.

That's it for now. I hope everyone is having a nice long weekend!

Hello Everyone,
Happy Family Day Canadians! Yesterday I didn't work out, unplanned rest day, I had groceries to do and my sister wanted to go to the dollar store, then I had my weight loss challenge class and the next time I looked at the clock after dinner it was 8"30!!! so much for a long weekend. Soooo today I am getting back on track with Body Fusion, doing laundry and having my mom and sis and brotherinlaw over for prime rib, it is his birthday! Then I am going to make Tiramusu for dessert! whew another day gone.

Elle, you might just have to get used to the Reactine, I take the 20 mg which is probably what you take, for sinus problems and I did feel like that at the begginning but it went away after a few days.

have a great day everyone:eek:

Good Mornin'

Anyone have President's Day off? I don't. Bummer.

Anyway I failed miserably this weekend with my eating. My BF and I went out for supper on Friday. I had a beer, then we were going to go to a movie, but went for a drink, lost track of time and no movie but more wine and beer.:rolleyes: OH well.

Then Sat. comes, so much for only three drinks. Prob more like 8! Oh well. Sunday I didn't feel to hot, went to my moms for dinner, she makes wine, so she wanted me to try some of this valentines wine she made, :confused: Then went out to eat with BF's fam for supper.

workouts went as so:

Fri- MM
Sat- Amy Bento's Hi/low extreme
Sun-Couch sitting:p slow walking, nada nada

Patty- I here ya time flys! Prime rib sounds amazing!

IronLady- Gald you had a nice v-day! Good work with LM

michelle- Slow and Heavy sounds like great w/o's. Don't have those yet. As far as muscle max goes- I really like it. I don't have pub, or slow and heavy, but I do have ME. I like it better than that one, but it's similar format. Les reps, more exersizes per muscle group though.

laura- Take care of yourself!

Shadowpup- That's awesome you ride horse! I did quite a bit when I was in high school. My horse is at my dads. Some day I hope to be able to have horses and ride consistantly again. I hear ya on the european leathers. Most of my english stuff is stubben, made in switzerland.

Elle- Congrats on the catheite status!!!

Check in February 16th

Hey everybody -

Well checking in again. Had a nice Valentine's Day - I too - cleaned. I found that I was not unhappy cleaning (is that weird??) I fear I have a little of my Grandma in me - she was a neat freak. I also made the house look all festive for Valentine's Day. I actually put candy out in heart shaped dishes and I bought yet more candles. That is V-Day like without being ridiculous. I don't have too much in the way of decorations and it is mostly because there isn't too much out there. Surprisingly I resisted eating hardly any of the candy - a few stray M&Ms made in my mouth though. My DH and I took a very long walk with our girls (the pups) and they were all happy. The next day I let Dot out in the morning and then called her back in a little later. She didn't come directly but I saw her happily playing outside - throwing something up in the air - catching it and dancing around. I called her - she comes running up with a dead mouse in her mouth!!!! Nothing is worse than a mouse - any mouse - anything remotely looking or acting like a mouse. I'm sorry - yes - I am a "girl" about it.

Shoe Report: BCBG Girls Costi pumps - black with silver looking buckle thingy - yes, I know I like the shoes with buckles. Seems like I have a lot like that even to myself. These are super super cute. My sister has these too.

Elle - I'm not sure how to accept the friend invite - I mean, I tried. Tell me if I did it right. You say that you are doing Jari Love - I was so close to buying everything she has out. What do you think of her workouts?? - Compare them to Cathe. I also do not workout in the AM. Never have and I probably never will. The couple of times I attempted it I wasn't motivated at all - so I do all my exercising in the the evening - after work - and before dinner. Congratulations on the Catheite status. I am not sure how you get that - I'm thinking it has something to do with the number of posts. I'm going to hurry up and post stuff everywhere for a shot at that.

BooBoo- My pups are indoor girls - but since I live in a rural area whenever my husband and I are home - we just let run around out of doors. My biggest problem with them is how much room they take up in the bed - and Dot isn't happy unless she is laying ON me. They are both immensely spoiled and I can't say no to them either.

My husband is waiting to take me to lunch - so I'm going now but I'll be back to finish up.

Good Mornin,

Today is STS disk 7, week 3 of biceps, shoulders and chest. Will do them after I'm done here.

Patricia, So glad you feel better. Cathe's beginners workout is awesome. You will be ready for the more advanced stuff when you are done. There is also an intermediate rotation. Will you be doing that as well? How was the birthday dinner? I'm going to look up Triamusu. YUMMMY, Italian Cake.

Sherry, Are you feeling any better? Low Max is one of my favorites. How was MM? Why is your father in the hospital? Hope all is OK.

Laura, Love body bar workouts. They are good for endurance. Hope you get your energy back soon. How are you feeling today?

Michelle, Great workouts. Awwwe, a lobster dinner for Valentine's day. Does your DH have a recipe for lobster bisque by any chance? Where did you go to dinner to celebrate your DH Birthday? Sounds like you had a great time at the baby shower. I'll be going to my grandson to be shower this weekend. Adrian is his name. Can't wait to meet him.

Elle, Ripped to the Core is a fantastic endurance workout. Hope you are feeling better today. Antihistamine's knock me out as well.

Booboo, STS disk 3 legs is great! My legs were sore for a couple of days after that one. Just wait for the 2nd week of legs! Ouch! But in a good way. We didn't have time to got to the hot tub, after STS legs series, we showered and watched a lot of TV Series that we taped, and a couple of movies in our theater. Had a great Valentine's da. How did you like the 2nd week of legs int eh STS series? Ou Ou Ouch!

Shadowpup, Wow, the hotel's weights sounds interesting. I'll have to try to google them to see what they look like. Your workouts are fine, hey, you are working hard. Most people would just forget about it, but not you. I'm inspired by you. My avatars I use are from meez.com It's fun. I

Tracy Lynn, Don't beat yourself up. There's always tomorrow to start over again. Just never give up. I sometimes do go overboard once and a while too. You did get some workouts in. Good for you. Really!

Shoegal, Sounds like your doggy had a great time outside. I once had a dog that was a little big for me to handle. She came back with a rabbits head for me. EWWWWWWW! That was a long time ago. Love your pumps.

Have a great day everyone. Where is Ramona, Laura uk, Sarah, Cldonadio, Tracy and Twinkletoes? We miss you.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.