Lower Impact Premixes

exercise-lover

Cathlete
Cathe, I really appreciate the lower impact premixes for both the new DVDs. They are so much fun and still get the heart rate way up. There's no way my creaky knees could do power sissors and tuck jumps. I really appreciate this alternative. Great job on these workouts. Thanks so much.

I agree!! LIS has been so kind to my knees (I still have to omit all the vertical-type moves that use the gliding discs) but the LIS series has been great! I was so happy to find workouts without the impact that leave me drenched in sweat! I'm looking forward to the Lower Impact Premix from To The Max today!!

I couldn't agree more. I did CF Less Impact today. Low Impact is just what my knees need. Thanks for that option Cathe. :)

Agreed. If I'm going to be fit for the rest of my life, then I NEED low impact versions. High impact has it's place (maybe once/week), but not for long term, at least not with my back and knees.

I can't wait to try these! I haven't gotten my DVD's yet but plan on doing these right away. I'm 6 months pregnant and the high impact is a bit too intense right now. LIS rules my workouts lately!

I too love the low impact. I did to the max yesterday and didn't feel to bad today, so I just completed crossfire less impact premix. Loved it. I'm feeling my legs a bit more now. The suicide runs were a bit more fun since my dog runs along behind me when I do them. It makes them go quick when she's trying to get me. So far, I'm loving these new dvd's and all the premixes.

Another note of gratitude for the low-impact premixes. I have used LIS for over six months now and have really felt improvements in endurance and so love the lack of impact.

Believe it or not sometimes low impact hurts my knees and hip more.

When I first started the Low impact series I also noticed that my knees bothered me. After a month or two my hips started to bother me.

I thought I'd share what worked for me hoping that it can help you -
I started decreasing my range of motion and made sure that my muscles stabilized me instead of placing the work load on my knees.

I also made sure I stretched out really well, especially my quads and hips.
Someone suggested using a foam roller and my gosh that worked like a miracle. I know how much that helps the knots in my upper back, too.

One last thing, I started spraying the discs with Endust/Pledge - that removed any friction between them and the carpet and I was able to slide so much more easily. Seriously - I thought they were fine before but I tried it "just cuz" and I was really glad that I did. Now I keep a can in my workout room!

I hope that helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.