Little secrets - share!

Bounce was the best dryer sheet for us, we tried switching but the other brands just didn't work very well and the clothes were very stiff/itchy. We have very bad hard water. I don't work for them btw, its just my experience.

I used to buy the expensive make-up primer to use before I put on my make-up. Now I use, don't laugh, monistat chafing cream. It has the same ingrediants in it and my make up looks so smooth. It has no smell and it doesn't break out my face. Plus it is a heck of a lot cheaper.

Yep. I read this tip on a makeup board. It also keeps my mineral makeup from disappearing throughout the day.

Cool thread!! :eek:

Any old shampoo or conditioner will clean your sinks, tubs, and showers really well. And no nasty chemical smell.

I've been using this tip since you first posted when this thread started. I use all the shampoos that I don't like anymore and clean the tubs and sinks daily with it. It's great! I use the conditioners I don't like as a shaving "gel" on my legs. No extra products sitting around and I don't bathe in a chemical war zone.

For nasty pimples that need an A-bombing...toothpaste. A secret weapon. :)

Um...for those of us who don't get as much sleep as they should and have lovely dark circles under their eyes, I have found it very effective to put on a rather thick layer of cover-up over those areas, make sure the edges are blended nicely, and then, since cover-up doesn't have a natural blushing color like actual skin, I put a little blush over it. It doesn't always work completely, but it reduces the ugly purple-ness.

And...okay, small target audience, but it's all I got. If you're an amateur singer like me, please know that the professionals are right when they say to either speak quietly or don't speak at all (and definitely don't sing!) before a performance. If you have to sing to practice, steer clear from high notes and sing softly. Otherwise, it'll wreck your voice completely for a couple of days. I learned this the hard way. : P

I loved that this thread resurfaced.

Here is my most recent discovery.

If you have a enamel coated cast iron pot , the cook top cleaner works really well to get any brown stuff off.

I also like to clean my copper sink with a half a lemon and kosher salt. This really works well.

I have very dry skin and I start to get really "itchy" this time of year with the heat on, the air getting so dry, and my beloved hot showers. I love Aveeno's Shower and Bath oil for my arms and legs while I am still damp. For my back I keep a little spray bottle filled with Rosewater and glycerin (available at the grocery store, drugstore and Target/Walmart for less than $2 for 8oz). It soaks in fast and the light scent dissipates quickly (so my DH uses it for his back as well). I no longer have to find my DH to rub lotion or oil into my back! (sometimes there just isn't time for that-wink wink!)

another one for kids-
magic goop: corn starch and water mixed together. the consistency is semi solid. fun for kids to experient in. then if some spills, when the water dries its just powdered cornstarch again. very easy clean up. and super cheap.
i just finished child development classes, so we learned alot of stuff like that. and from my kids' headstart teachers.

OOBLECK!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever read the Dr. Seuss story called Bartholomew & The Oobleck? If not, you have to, then do your 'magic goop' and add green food coloring to have OOBLECK! LOL

Several years ago when one of my kids was up at night coughing a friend told me to put Vicks on the bottoms of their feet, then a pair of socks, at bed time. It's so weird but it does stop the coughing!

We have no humidity here in the Yukon so the winters are crazy dry! I read in Fitness magazine to try out Olay 7 body wash. I hate putting cream on (too lazy) but this is like you wash and cream your body in the shower. My skin feels AMAZING and I am on my third bottle already :)

We have no humidity here in the Yukon so the winters are crazy dry! I read in Fitness magazine to try out Olay 7 body wash. I hate putting cream on (too lazy) but this is like you wash and cream your body in the shower. My skin feels AMAZING and I am on my third bottle already :)

I don't like lotion for my skin either - I make my own sugar scrub. A mix of course and regular sugar, some oil (almond or whatever you want), and some essential oils (sometimes I use cocoa powder for a cocoa scrub.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.