Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Still down and out. This one is nasty. I spent the day at the hospital for the follow up tests for my breast. Love this official diagnosis: probably benign. That is really how they put it on the report. I have to follow up in six months. Really doesn't sound like anything to worry about, just some enlarged ducts, but love that 0fficial diagnosis on report. Wiped me out, going back to bed for the day now.

I also do the same thing with workout clothes. Once I find something that is comfy and fits well, I buy it in every color.

Hope you feel better Henriette.

Today I had the option of Chisel Endurance or Power Chisel from the deluxe set. I chose Power Chisel . It has some biceps and triceps in it. I don't think any of the workouts the next few days has any arm work in them. Since Power Chisel is only 30 minutes I did Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior 55 minutes as well. I have been in the mood for some kickboxing . I had to rush out the door to pick up my 4 year old grandson from school He is sick. Poor baby has a 101 fever. I hope he doesn't have that thing his mother and I had. His Dad had a test today so he will be here soon to get him. He wouldn't have even went to school but his fever was down this morning and I got up late so didn't know my daughter had tried to call to bring him here at 6:30 this morning. She had patients early so there was no option for her to get him over here when I answered her call.
Power Chisel
4 sets 4 reps with 4 sec rest 10# med ball squat jumps
squat heavy 35# each hand 10 reps
4 sets 4 reps 4 sec rest between upright row 15# each hand
pull up 10 reps
hanging knee curl 16 reps
4 sets 4 reps with 4 sec rests 10# medicine ball plyo lunge right
lunge right heavy 20# each hand 10 reps
repeat same plyo lunge and heavy lunge on left
plyo push up 4 sets 4 reps4 sec rests
chest press heavy 20 each hand
half spiderman 16 reps
ball sumo plyo 4 sets 4 reps 4 sec rests 10#
sumo squat heavy 50# 10 reps
ball push press 4 sets 4 reps 4 sec rests 10#
military press 10 reps 20# each hand
ball seated toe tap- ball between feet 10# 16 reps
ball knee drivers on on the step wit 5 risers 4 sets 4 reps 4 sec rest pause at top, 10# right
side step up heavy 15# each hand 10 reps right
same on the left
Bicep curls 4 sets 4 reps with 4 sec rests 12# each hand
Biceps curls heavy 10 reps 15# each hand
triceps kickbacks 4 sets 4 reps 4 sec rests 12# each hand
triceps kickbacks heavy 10 reps 15# each hand

Dianne Sue-

Your breakdown of the workouts is fantastic. Overall- are you enjoying it? It seem short though- you seem to always do an add-on. Do you like that flexibility?

Me again! This morning I did the Gymstyles Legs - (only the floor section). That's a killer sequence! I may feel that later today and tomorrow.

Today's workout was Total Body Hamme, 43 minutes, 201 calories. It had the option of Hammer Build Up from the deluxe set but since I have done that several times I went with Total Body Hammer. The thing I miss with Total Body Hammer is that it has no specific arm work or core work where Build Up does.
I followed it with X 10 cardio blast with the warm up and stretch, 25 minutes, 189 calories.
Total Body Hammer
rnd 1 all 3 movess 10,8, 6 reps then repeat all maybe adding moe weight
Bench press 24.5 # each hand 10,8,6 reps lowered to 22 # each hand next 3 sets 10,8,6
squat 39.5# each hand 10,8,6; 10, 8, 6
reverse grip row 27# each hand 10, 8, 6: 10, 8, 6
rnd 2
Incline fly 22# each hand, 10, 8,6 ; 10, 8 6
Reverse lunge 27# each hand 10, 8 , right ; 10, 8, 6 left
wide pull up 10, 8, 6, ; 10, 8, 6
rnd 3
military press (seated) 17.5# each hand, 10, 8, 6; 10, 8, 6
split squat right 25# each hand 10, 8, 6 ; left 10, 8, 6
posterior delt fly (1 arm)right 15#, 10, 8, 6; left 10, 8, 6 15#

Doreen, I am still enjoying the workouts. On the days I add the glute chisel and hammer legs they are usually already suggested in the rotation if you have them. Abs are added to the program as well. There is some ab work in some of the workouts. It did seem odd that they had abs 3 days in a row then now several days without adding any. I miss the cardio. There is some and some of the workouts are active enough to count as cardio but I miss just all out cardio. Chisel cardio has weights in it and pull ups, I have just decided some of the days I will add some extra cardio. Also, the warm ups and particularly the stretches which are only about 2 minutes are not enough for me. Add those on and they would be more of a normal length workout. All of the workouts except agility incorporate weight somewhere. Hammer plyometrics uses a dumbbell on one move. My legs are well worked today and tomorrow is Chisel agility with glute chisel which will challenge the legs some more.
I always liked that floor section of Gym Style legs. I like it better than some of the other floorwork on the newer dvds.

Continuing my quest to do some of the Cathe stuff I don't have while I still have my OnDemand Subscription.... Step Jam this morning!

Today's workout was Chisel Agility followed by 15 minute glute chisel, 56 minutes, 399 calories. I also did Kelly Coffey's Athletic Conditioning 2 premix low impact, 17 minutes that included the w/up and stretch, 123 calories. This really was 3 rounds of the strength work. I only used the 10# Kelly was using. Total time 73 minutes and calories burned 522.

Doreen, I have Step Jam but haven't done it in years :) The outfits seem funny on that dvd. I remember wearing some of them . Someday we will probably look back and wonder what we were thinking. That's like the really old sorts movies where you see guys playing basketball with really short shorts. I always have to laugh.

Good job on Step Jam. Haven't done that it awhile. Yes the outfits are funny, but I have to admit I had similar at the time.

Diane Sue, good calorie burn there today. Don't have Athletic conditioning 2. Have 1. Do you recommend 2?

I have now completely lost my voice. Only squeak a little bit. Will probably have to go onto anitbotics. Must have an infection now.

I have been having some exercise ADD. I have so many different series I didn't know where to start. I was going to start with 21 day fix since they are short and it would get me in the habit of exercising again, but I couldn't get excited about it. I LOVE kickboxing, so I decided to get my Les Mills Combat series out. I am doing the Ultimate Warrior Hybrid rotation. I completed 3 days. Today was supposed to be day 4, but there is a parent meeting at the school tonight, so I didn't have a chance to get my workout in today. Instead of stressing I will make this my rest day and continue on tomorrow. It has been such a stress reliever!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura, you sound like you have had a miserable time with that virus. I picked up my 4 year old grandson from school Wednesday because he was running a fever. Today they took him in because he kept complaining about pain. It ends up he has pneumonia. He spent his birthday yesterday sick. He has a big party Saturday. I sure hope he feels better by then. I went to bed with nausea all night and it is hanging on today. I don't know where the energy showed up from for my workout this morning. I hope it is not another virus and maybe just something I ate.
I really have not done all of Athletic conditioning 2. I got it about the same time as Hammer and Chisel and also had started that fat loss Fitness Blender rotation so couldn't figure where to use it. I have done workout 2 which is mostly abs with some stretching. Not the stretching like on Athletic conditioning 1. I am thinking the 17 minutes I did today is the weight lifting part. Not long since the 17 minutes was with the warm up and a short stretch. It was 3 rounds of all the moves, Kelly using 10# dumbbells. Some were upper and lower together. Anyway, I got 3 sets of biceps and triceps in there today :) I think I checked out a short premix of Strength and Stamina as well. I like kettle bells but have not done the whole thing. Mainly just the bonus short step workout.

kblover Les Mills Combat is one of those workouts I can pull out and enjoy when I am not feeling much like working out. I love that workout set.

Last edited:
Today's workout was Hammer Conditioning and 10 minute ab hammer, 42 minutes, 232 calories. I just realized looking at the rotation that I have only done this once and that was near the start of the rotation. It is in the second half several times. It is weights but seems to have a bit of a metabolic feel to it. It sort of reminds me of Beast Lucky 7 which is an all weight circuit. I finished off with Les Mills Pump Step, 30 minutes, 249 calories and Flow 20 minutes, 61 calories. Total time spent, 92 minutes and calories burned 542. A birthday party for my grandson tomorrow and family day Sunday. It will be a busy weekend :D
Hammer Conditioning went like this:
all sets are done 12 reps
rnd 1
clock push up crunch 12 reps right
side lunge row right 20# each hand
repeat on left
rnd 2
fly lunge twist right 8# (this is done standing one arm fly then the lunge with a twist holding the weight)
sumo squat press 17.5# each hand
repeat on doing the right side
rnd 3
burpee renegade upright row 12# each hand
stiff leg deadlift crunch right 17;5# each hand
repeat on doing the left side
rnd 4
plank raise tap crunch 12 reps right arm raise
reverse lunge curl kickback right 15#
repeat on left side

Has anybody done the Les Mills Combat series. Today is HIIT Plyo and it is killing my knees. Do you think it would be OK to do the HIIT Power twice a week (instead of doing the plyo once and plyo once?). Or can you think of a different video that would be a good fill in? Thanks guys!!!!!!

Today I was looking for a straightforward lifting. I did P.I.N.K #7 as a warmup (this one is learning the jerk) and then worked on some bench press followed by pull ups (with a band). Nothing too fancy!!

Today was Chisel Cardio and I added on STS med ball no partner abs. Workout was 48 minutes, calories burned 323. I used the 10# dumbbell like Autumn and a 25# kettlebell for the swings. (she uses a dumbbell)

kblvr, I have all of the Les Mills Combat workouts. I love them. I did a full rotation with them when I first got them then made up other rotations using them and heavier weight training. They are basically all cardio. The abs uses weight and some of the deluxe set workouts use some weight. I generally limit the Plyo Hiit to once a week. It really makes my knees hurt if I do it too often. Once in awhile I go for it more but then I really feel it.

Doreen, nice mix today. I have not heard of P.I.N.K. It sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Today I did Combat 45 Power Kata.
I ended up finishing the Plyo one yesterday. It doesn't have the fun factor like the others. But I will continue to do this one as scheduled. I just won't do all the jumping lunges. I'll do squats or something, or slower lunges.
WD-That's exactly what I want to do when I'm done with this rotation. I will do heavier weights and use some of these workouts here and there

kblover, I hear you on the plyo one not being as much fun. It seemed the lower body lean out was not much different than the others. I was a bit disappointed in that. I was hoping for some strength. I have used X Train with it before. Burn Sets was good for separating body parts on the upper body weight work so I could add them on to Combat. Then adding in a lower weight day from X Train. I have a rebounder and sometimes I will use it for part of the jumping. Lunge jumps are hard to do on it but things like tuck jumps and 360 degree turn jumps work well on it as well as flying jacks. I set it up in one corner of my workout room and allow space for the lunge jumps and things that require space off the rebounder. I used the rebounder for Sagi's plyo push ups on the Hammer Plyo because those kill my wrists.

Just completed the Lower Body Lean Out. I was also disappointed no weights were involved. Oh well. I'm feeling great and like that so far that I haven't used "life" as an excuse to not workout. I really like the option of the pumped up music-that really gets me going. Week one is complete-on to week 2 tomorrow!

Reactions: WD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.