Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

Today I did Yoga Max = 48 min + The Classic V1 Step Heat = 59 min :)

Hi and welcome, Henriette :)

Sorry, I have no time for personals. I will catch up later. Gotta run :)

Welcome Henriette! First step is admitting the problem, right!!

I hear you on the workout clothes!! Besides tons of workout purchases in 2015 I also bought tons of clothes (cute capris just kept jumping in my cart! And then I have to make sure I have a top that matches even though no one sees me in the basement!)

I did ICE Kickbox (I never remember the title of these) this morning. Its a fun workout. Might be the most new content of any of the DVDs in the series. Some very different punching and kicking sequences and I love that cardio segment at the start of the blizzard blast. I might put this on my wishlist. Might. But I've already decided that in addition to slowing down my purchases I'm going to wait for better deals, try to get stuff used, etc. I might even try the VideoFitness swap page. I'm also going to try to sell some stuff (maybe ebay, maybe craigslist) that I don't use.

I haven't even attempted to count the DVDs I own! (And do you count STS's DVDs separately?) And that wouldn't include the paper programs I also have sitting around that have literally a gazillion workouts (Lift Weights Faster and Lift Weights Faster 2 for example). And streaming adds a whole new element to the DVD issue. I've done free months for The Gymbox, DailyBurn - both were good and I would wish to return to them. Cathe OnDemand and Beachbody both are streaming. Aggh! That's thousands of workouts at our fingertips.

Today I started with Piyo Strength Intervals 22 minutes, as a warm up, then did Chisel Agility 38 minutes I finished off with a Fitnessblender.com yoga that was 15 minutes. Total time 75 minutes, 403 calories.

Welcome, Henriette :)

Hi all!

Thanks for the welcome.

Doreen: I probably shouldn't ask, but wht brands are all those cute capris you keep ending up with in your cart?
I remember when I did my first ever step classes back in college all pants were either black bootleg leggings or black or black. Now there re so mny styles and so many colors and with online shopping it has become so easy to find a bargin any time of the year.

Today was ICE CUB, my least favorite ICE workout. I'm in the midst of ICE level 3 rotation, but perhaps I can squeeze in a Cize workout between work and basketball training in the afternoon. I remember once doing Xtrain Bi's and Tri's on Wednesday afternoon before giving the basketball training and being in pain when demonstrating the passes in the drill. Passes to 8-9 year olds! I miss those workouts... So it's a good thing I'm planning on doing ICE & XTrain rotation starting next week.

Hello everyone and welcome Henriette. Today I did nothing. My hubby and I both have caught something in this subzero weather here. Between the bug and my insomnia I have been up since 7am yesterday. I barely trust myself to walk across the room at this point. Maybe tomorrow will be better (especially if I get some sleep).

And I found out today, I have to go back to the hospital again next week for more images and ultrasounds of my right breast. I go through this every year with my right side so hopefully nothing, but always worrying.

Just wanted to drop in for a quick update. Good workouts everyone.

Hey girls,

I also did Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Party Songs, I will not get a workout in this weekend.

Laura - hope you and your husband feel better soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers next week.

Good night, ladies.

Hi all!

Thanks for the welcome.

Doreen: I probably shouldn't ask, but wht brands are all those cute capris you keep ending up with in your cart?
I remember when I did my first ever step classes back in college all pants were either black bootleg leggings or black or black. Now there re so mny styles and so many colors and with online shopping it has become so easy to find a bargin any time of the year.

Today was ICE CUB, my least favorite ICE workout. I'm in the midst of ICE level 3 rotation, but perhaps I can squeeze in a Cize workout between work and basketball training in the afternoon. I remember once doing Xtrain Bi's and Tri's on Wednesday afternoon before giving the basketball training and being in pain when demonstrating the passes in the drill. Passes to 8-9 year olds! I miss those workouts... So it's a good thing I'm planning on doing ICE & XTrain rotation starting next week.

Funny, I still have some bootleg leggings. I keep thinking I need some colorful ones that are not bootleg but I am holding back. I only wear the long leg workout pants in the winter. No one sees me too much at home. But, I did get some new electric blue trimmed Under Armor leggings from my husband and had to go find a top to match. Then I got Cross Fit trainers that were light blue with electric blue trim so needed a top with some sleeves since the weather is cooler which I purchased recently. Seriously, I have quite a few outfits but it is that rationalization that it is a need :)

Laura, I hope you and your husband get over the bug quickly. I am still feeling a bit low after having a bug. But then again I was having some issues I went to the doctor for that I was just getting under control. I am sure the breast imaging is worrisome. I go through the extra cost for digital imaging every year. I had cancer years ago and try to pay attention to everything. It was contained in an area and since it has been almost 30 years I am sure they must have did it right. That being said I did have a scare once with a grape sized lump and they put me through ultrasound . It ended up being fibrous breast tissue.

Yes- Laura- take care of yourself and hubby!

Henriette- I go for cheap cute. Kohl's, Target, etc. I branched out and have a pair of Zuala's now too. Love them! I love all Cathe's clothes too and wonder how big her closet is and if she has a spreadsheet so she knows what she wore for Cathe live. I don't think I've ever seen a repeat!

Today I did 10 min of T25 Alpha lower body as a warm up. Then I hit squats for a pyramid series up and down and a finisher of 5 rounds of burpees x10, tuck jumps x10, burpee box jumps x10.

I've never tried the Viper but it sounds intense. Good job!

Normally BM2 is one of my all time favorites. Today, it kicked my behind. I did what I could. This bug is settling in my lungs.

Doreen, your last post made me laugh. In my slightly addled brain right now, I read that you were doing the X10 DVD each time, then I realized it was each exercise ten times. I love X10 and do it regularly, but it challenges me each and every time. I still have to pause between each segment, drink, and wipe myself down. Good workout, box jumps get me every time.

Belinda, Terminator is one of my most used DVD's. I simply love it. Great job.

Diane Sue, thanks. I'm hopeful that once again it is nothing. I've been going through imaging and ultrasound for several years now on my right side. So far, each time it has been ok. Fingers crossed. H&C sounds like it is doing a good job for you if you have to up your calories.

What's the termintor?

X10 has been in my Amazon shopping cart forever. I really really want to get it, but it's never on sale and once shipping and taxes are added it's expensive, so i always end up buying several other instead. x10, Crossfire and STS and the first worksouts I will be trying when I finally get Demand. I wish I could just take a sabatical to workout and catch up on my reading and life in general. Too bad it doesn't work like that... There are bills to be paid and a career not to be forgotten.

Now on week 4 of ICE and I am ready for a change.
I did Cize crazy 8s this afternoon between work and basketball (Wednesday I work half a day...schools here finish at lunch time on Wednesdays) and tonight I did ICE Rock em knock em + blast + tri's mm.

Laura I hope you and your husband get better soon.

Winter has finally arrived here... Freezing temperatures instead of mild fall like weather. I hope that doesn't mean we all come down with bugs again. I had two bugs followed by a lung infection right before Christmas and boy did that knock me out. No chance of exercizing for weeks... Just walking from bed to toilet had me breathless. I started working out again about 5 weeks ago and fortunately my condition and strength is returning.

Today I used FitnessBlender.com and did a cardio warm up for 7 minutes, Hammer Power, 38 minutes, 10 minute ab hammer 13 minutes, and finished off with 32 minutes of fitness blender posture, yoga and pilates. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 358.
I was a bit cautious and went a bit lighter on some of the moves on Hammer Power today. My right hip hurts a bit. This is the one with the stress fracture. Also I have Chisel Total Body tomorrow that is the 10 rep sets and I went pretty heavy on it last time.
I didn't feel comfortable with the clean, jerk, and overhead press going really heavy. Anyway, I mostly used 10s for the light sets, and 15 and 20's for the heavy sets. I do like the way that workout builds up to the full set of all of the moves. Calories were not so good. I need some cardio.

Belinda, nice work getting Terminator Viper done. That was the one of the 3 Terminators that I always dreaded so, it did not get used a lot.

Laura, that bug sounds like what I had. It seemed it was located mostly in the lungs and chest. I can tell I have finally started improving because my Calorie burn is lower and my HR is lower with the same workouts I dragged through while feeling sick. I hope it doesn't take you as many weeks as it did me to get over it.

Henrietta, I looked over Ice and contemplated just a couple of workouts at a time but by the time you buy several and paid shipping you might as well buy the whole set. It costs less that way. Hopefully I can get ice for mother's day. How do you like Cise? I am such a klutz, I wondered if I would just get frustrated. I gave my granddaughter my Zumba Exhilerate set.

Doreen, nice way to put the workouts together :) I often pick up workout clothes from Target's clearance racks. It is cheap and gives me something new once in awhile. Cathe does wear cute clothes. I have often thought that it would be fun being able to wear all of those cute comfy workout clothes all of the time .

Good evening,

I also did Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Party 2 Mile. Her miles are a little off, still had fun.
We are trying to head out on Friday instead of Saturday :) Hopefully I get everything done. I was planning everything out, now I am 1 Day short :( Arr...

Diane Sue, I always dreaded The Terminator dvd too. For some reason, they are not that bad at all. I had that dvd for years, only done it a few times. Good for you taking it down a notch with your hip. Be careful :) Nicely done with your workouts today.

Henrietta - it's freezing cold her too. We getting a snow storm on Saturday. Hope you don't get sick again. I really haven't played around with ICE yet, but will take the dvd's with me on the road. Stay warm.

Laura - I had The Terminator for years and always dreaded it :( Why? I have no idea:) It was so much fun. I do need to pull that one out more often.

Doreen - nice job on your workout today. You should give the Viper a try, it's a lot of fun.

Just taking a break from loading the RV :)

Reactions: WD
ood morning,

The Terminator Exercise DVD - Imax Xtreme Workout = 75 min is done :)

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Belinda: Where are you off to with your RV? I finally found some clips of The TErminator on Youtube. I assume you mean the Cathe workout. It looks like a lot of fun, although also some challenging bits. I also checked out Leslie Sansone on Youtube. I have heard them mentioned before, but after seeing the clips it was definitely clear that I will not be getting them, unless I get an injury and really have to tone down my workouts. The Leslie workouts seem very low intensity, or am I getting the wrong impression? Some of the moves remind me of BeachBody's Body Gospel, which I got to for 2 pound on Black Friday. I don't think I would have bought it if it cost more. I've only used it twice.... right after I had been sick, before going back to more intense workouts.

Diane Sue - Cize is fun and easier to follow than Zumba, at least the first couple of workouts. You build the choreography up slowly, bit by bit before doing a full run through "Cize it up". I haven't tried them all yet. When I just got them I did them a couple times a week, as a cardio workout while also doing some Body Beast etc. So extreme opposites, but I never did only Cize or enough Cize to get through all workouts. I think when I got to the 4th one I discovered I really hadn't mastered the first 3 well enough as | was getting completly lost. I am definitely not a dancer! I have done the first workout the most often as it is 28 minutes and not too hard. Many years ago I did a live Zumba class once a week after a Kickfun class (kickboxing pole). I loved the Kickfun so much that I got a pole for at home which comes in handy with some of Cathe's KB workouts. As for Zumba, I continued at home using Zumba Rush on my Xbox with Kinect , but that was several years ago. Now that you mentioned it... I checked out Zumba Exhillerate and it looks like fun, but it's 100 euros here in NL and if I get it from Amazon Germany it's still 55 euros, so that's 5 months of Cathe Live. Not sure it's worth that. Perhaps I will use Zumba opn the Xbox next time I feel like a dance workout instead of Cize.

Doreeen - I find Amazon UK and Germany are great for workout clothes. I mainly use Amazon US for Kindle books, workout DVDs and kitchen stuff. I actually bought some really cool Cuisinart kitchen knives last year and including shipping from the US they were
basically 80% off compared to buying them in Europe. Cuisinart is super expensive here! I mean it is crazy but for some things it is just way cheaper buying them in the US and paying for shipping and taxes then buying locally. I wonder if it would work the other way around too? Would it be cheaper for you guys to get some stuff from Europe and pay for shipping and taxes rather than using Amazon.com. Do the European Amazons even ship to the US??? I have been able to find great deals on Under Armour sportswear on the German Amazon. Under Armour is not that big here yet, so it's expensive, but as I have so many clothes already I have to get at least 50% off before I consider buying something... so it ends up being a bargain hunt.

Today I did ICE CLB + blast + shoulders meltdown. I am definitely feeling it in my shoulders! I normally workout at night, so now that I did it this morning instead I have to get through my whole day with sore muscles. Normally I just have to make it downstairs for a drink/snack and then off to bed so I don't feel the soreness/tiredness as much on the actual day of working out and during the night I can recover to some extent.

This morning I did a workout blender I tried On Demand with all the blizzard blasts. I ran out of time and had to quit 2 cycles into the Bootcamp BB and didn't get to the LI Sweat BB. If I attempt this again I'm going to make it shorter by removing the warm-up. Since I had the Kickbox Blizzard Blast up first I think the 9 min cardio section in that would count as a warm up.

I looked at Viper- I may have to try that on a weekend when I have more time. My workouts have been so crunched for time lately. I'm with Henrietta- I wish I could take some time off work and catch up on all the workouts I want to do!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Upper Circuit Blasts only premix, 22 minutes, 175 calories. I felt I could use a bit more cardio and it gave me an excellent warm up :) I then did Total Body Chisel and 10 Minute Ab Chisel, 46 minutes, 282 calories. I finished with a fitness blender 15 minute flow stretch, 36 calories. Total time was 83 minutes and calories 493. My hip is better today but, I lowered the squats a bit on the weight this time and also the step down cross back move. I am having images of some sever hip and lower back pain I had when I did something like that in a Jari Love workout, but at a faster pace. I finally started doing it on the floor at that point. Since knee surgery workouts that do the curtsy squat/lunge etc.. Have to be done with care. Anyway, I did not drop down as low and cross back as far today. I think I will either lower the step some more or do it on the floor next time. Oddly the rotation has the same Hammer Power workout down for tomorrow with Hammer Abs. 3 days in a row of abs and some significant strength work. Saturday is balance. I am officially on week 5 now. I am missing my Ripped with Hiit Low Impact dvd. I sent it in for a replacement. I do have the download on my computer but seriously do not like having to go downstairs and drag my laptop upstairs or do it off my tablet. That is the only set I have purchased the download from.

Weights today 3 moves each done 3 times at 10 reps each ( I like this format)
Squat 35# each hand
Bench press 22.5# each hand
Reverse Grip Row 25# each hand
10 reps each repeat 3 times

lunge right 25# each hand
lunge left 25# each hand
incline flys 20# each hand
lat pull over one 40# dumbbell first set lowered to 35# for other two

step up cross back R 15# each hand
step up cross back L 15# each hand
Incline curl (I used the stability ball since I do not have the quick adjustable bench) 17.5# each hand
bench dips 10 reps

Truly down and out. Up coughing all day and night. And of course our garbage disposal went out and leaked all under the cabinets, and then my headlight on my car went out. Bee one of those days.

Henriette, I tried rocking party by Shaun T, and just could not do it very well. Wish I could, it seems like fun.

Doreen, I agree that the cardio from the RSM kickboxing could be used as a warmup.

Diane Sue, I've never had to do a replacement yet. Is this your first time? How long does it take? I figure that some of my most used ones will be up some day soon.

Belinda, are you taking off early tomorrow? Hope you miss the bad weather on the way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.