Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane - I haven't done Cardio & Weights in ages. Need to pull that one out maybe tomorrow. I need to check out Chise stretches. Let me know how you like the recipes. I just signed up for a plant based Grilling cooking class tomorrow. She will sent me the recording and the recipes. Not bad for $20. I also bought her Indian cooking class. Should be interesting. She is actually a chef! I love Foodnetwork recipes. I need to figure out how to make them vegan. The FOK meal planner recipes are kinda time consuming too. I did some prep cooking. This week on the planner it calls 3 meals with quinoa. I cooked all the quinoa and sweet potatoes today. At least that is out of the way.

Got my blood test back. Everything looks great. I guess eating a WFPB diet, I get all the vitamins my body needs. I am not taking extra vitamins like a multi vitamins. I keep forgetting to take it, lol.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, here is a link to the mediterranean oregano oil Amazon.com: Natural Factors, Certified Organic Oil of Oregano, Herbal Supplement for Immune Support, Vegan, Non-GMO, 2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1) (375 servings): Health & Personal Care Sometimes it will also say wild oregano oil. I purchased it at Sprouts when I bought it the last time.
I hope you enjoy the grilling recipes. One I looked at in the book I purchased had cut cauliflower into steaks o_O There is a lot that really do look good and I bookmarked so I can get some other items. It takes a bit, but once you get the cooking ahead down and how much to purchase and make and what freezes and keeps well, it does go pretty well. I was doing that with Whole 30 then all of this pandemic and school, moving etc. just made it hard to do. Plus I think I am going through some major fatigue with this RA and other stuff. I get spurts of energy and then I am positively drained. Also the pain seems to come on when I am so tired. That is good news that the blood test came back with everything looking great.
On cooking, the book I bought uses a lot of mushrooms in recipes. I like mushrooms so that is not a problem, except some of the varieties I have not seen sitting on the grocery store shelves so would have to sub another type. He says they help give the dish a feeling of having meat in it. Most of the recipes look like they would taste good. You know, sometimes you can just look at the ingredients and know you would not like it. A couple look good but I am not sure about putting mint leaves in.

Hi Diane,

Can't believe we had to put Chu Chu to sleep a week ago :( I miss him so much.

I went for a long walk before it got too hot this morning. I also did SBF D62 Lower Barre & BA Bounce + Cardio Bounce & Barre + Step. I also preordered Cathe's new Band Boss dvd's/downloads + bands. I also ordered extra set of all the bands for DH.

I had a zoom cooking class which was almost 3 hours. I didn't cook along since I didn't get the recipes before the class started. No big deal! I will definably make all the recipes she made. They look amazing!

Diane - thanks about the links. I will check them out either today or tomorrow. I really appreciate all the help!

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Step Aeriobics # 116, from today, heart rate 135/174, 313 calories, 5,322 steps, 58 minutes. I have been busy preparing for family day and birthdays tomorrow.

Belinda, nice work on the barre bounce and cardio today. I am still trying to decide about the band boss workouts. I want the longer bands. I see them on Amazon in the fabric for pull up assist bands. I think I might like the Total Body workout. I bet the dvd will have premixes that I could use if I wanted to do lower only or upper. Maybe.? Either that or it is all compound moves. Just thinking ahead about shoulder and neck issues. I hope the recipes turn out great for you.

I am taking a rest day today.

Diane - I was going back and forth on the bands. I think I read somewhere on the forum that Cathe will use those bands on her next workouts. I am exited about the new workouts. I think Cathe will post some clips next week. Maybe you can see if those workouts will work for your shoulders.

Good night!

Good morning,

CL# 224 Fit Tower Inferno is done. It's raining outside, no walk for me today.

Diane - you are welcome!

Have a great Monday and workout.

Today I started with Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Sculpt Overload #2 and did 21 minutes of it, heart rate 137/169,122 calories, 873 steps. I only wore my 4 # vest and was using 1# dumbbells in place of egg weights. She was doing overhead presses and I just was worried. I really wanted weights though so went on to do Raw Tabata Sculpt, and had to do some modifications. This was 59 minutes(52 actual) heart rate 98/135, 167 calories, 393 steps. I finished off with CDorner Neck and Shoulder mobility stretch, 17 minutes, 24 calories, heart rate 77/97. Total time was 97 minutes, 313 calories, 1,266 steps.

Raw Tabata Sculpt has each movement combo done timed 8 cycles then moves to another combo The workout time is pretty short for each cycle(set)
Warm Up
tabata 1 push up/lunge 8 cycles of this at first it was lunge all right with a push up then it was all left then she alternated sides
1 minute rest
tabata 2 snatch or option curl (which I did) reverse lunge 8 cycles 15#
1 minute rest
tabata 3 scales/row 8 cycles 10# dbs
1 minute rest
tabata 4 upright row/ lateral raise (arms open out) 8# dbs (I started with 8's and dropped to 5's)
1 minute rest
tabata 5 curl/squat/kickback/squat up 10# dbs 8 cycles
1 minute rest
tabata 6 plank on dumbbells/sit through Option is to just hold planks 8 cycles (tough on the front of my shoulders and last set I did just the plank on my forearms)
1 minute rest
tabata 7 pullover/bench press 10# dbs 4 cycles then just skull crusher for 4 cycles
1 minute rest
tabata 8 knees pull in and extend straight 2# ankle weights(mine were 3#) 8 cycles (my hip flexors were screaming by the end)
stretch

Belinda, nice work getting Fit Tower Inferno in. I am getting a bit tired of the rain, but it does have benefits. My grandson really wanted to go to the playground today, but it was raining. We got his work done fast as this is the last week of school and there was not a lot of writing assignments.

Hi everyone,

Today I walked not once but twice outside. After my walk DH wanted to go for a short walk. I probably will do a stretch later.

Diane - great job on your workout. I hear you on getting a bit tired of the rain. I hope you found other activities for your grandson. I

BBL

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics basic to intermediate, cardio filmed yesterday, 46 minutes(it says longer but there is about 13 minutes of advertising and chatter, heart rate 143/180, 273 calories, 4,288 steps. I then did CDorner Cardio Mobility while it was live, 31 minutes, heart rate 84/100, 53 calories, 410 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 326 calories, 4,698 steps.
I liked both workouts. This cardio mobility was much better to me than the last one. More movement by not so difficult as the last one. There was actually some good stretching in there along with the movement.

Belinda, I am glad that you got out for a couple of walks today. My grandson and I did get to go out today even though it had just started sprinkling. It let up after a bit. We drew penguins for school. He mentioned playing a game, but decided to do something else on the ipad instead.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing and Dance, 32 minutes, heart rate 146/177, 205 calories, 3,732 steps. I then did CDorner Butt Builder workout that she did this morning, 55 minutes including the bonus work, heart rate 98/125, 155 calories (she looked at her watch at the end and said she got 377 calories!!) 432 steps. Total time was 87 minutes, 360 calories, 4,164 steps.

Hi everyone,

Today I did X10 low Impact. I didn't do any burpees, did them upright. I had to modify down from what Cathe did.

Saw my doctor yesterday He put me on antibiotics and all kinds of medicine to help with my sinus/ear. I really don't want to take antibiotics, they give me severe stomach pain. When I was hospitalized I thought I was dying from server stomach pain. He thinks it may be related to RP? I am scheduled for a cat scan today.

Diane - good your grandson fund some fun things to do. Great job on your workouts.
BBL

Belinda, I feel so bad for you. Praying for you and also the cat scan. Isn't X10 Low Impact the one where you go down to the floor burpee fashion and come back up with a kick? I remember using it a lot when I had the torn miniscus and the getting back up was difficult and hurt. I have learned a lot of different moves that I can do in place of some of those. Or just stand and knee ups or something. One of CDorner's workouts that had the plank moves I just went down to hold onto a high step did the leg moves and came back up rather than going way down to the floor. I made less pressure on my shoulders.

Diane - thank you for your kind words and prayers. Yes, X10 LI goes down on the floor. I didn't. I used a chair instead going down on the floor. Worked perfectly. Sometimes I use my step like you did with Chris workout. If I have a sinus infection or my knees hurt I use a chair instead. I can do the moves like burpees without ever going down on the floor. I modify the heck out of Cathe's workouts.

Good morning,

I went for a 3 mile walk early this morning.

Diane - have a great workout today. I am going to DC to hang out with DD today.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

This morning I played with my grandson and we went outside for a bit. Everything is soaked as we had a heavy downpour. I just did CDorner Step Aerobics 80's Hair Band, 47 minutes, heart rate 135/178, 232 calories, 3,957 steps. That is it for me. I woke up during the night with my shoulder hurting all the way to my elbow. Not feeling too energetic. This was a fun workout and I really did like the music.

Belinda, enjoy your time with your daughter.

Hi,

DH and I went for a short 1 mile walk in the rain this morning, I also did Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio Pull Day. My doctor called yesterday, he didn't get the results from the cat scan. I got the cat scan done at a community Radiology off base. Next time I will get it done on base instead. Oh well, it looks like I have to wait until Tuesday.

Diane - do you have any plans this weekend? it's raining like crazy here. Yesterday DH and I spent the day with Alesia. We helped her hang more pictures up and put up a standing up computer desk, that sucker was heavy. Love her condo. She dedicated an entire room for medication/yoga. So cute.

Off to get some rest. Have a great weekend.

Today I did CDorner #118 Fun Step Aerobics (with a summer theme as far as music and moves) It was fun, and I was glad when she turned the music up about half way through. I wondered if someone mentioned it while she was doing it, because you could not hear it well before that. 64 minutes, heart rate 142/178, 5,525 steps.
I then did the 10 minute Triceps she did after this workout, 13 minutes, heart rate 86/110, 30 calories. I finished with CDorner Neck and Back stretch, 30 minutes, 37 calories, heart rate 74/97. Total time was 114 minutes, 429 calories, 5,525 steps I did not check the steps for the Triceps work or stretch. I am sure it was not much. Somewhere in there I got in another 334 steps which would be those two workouts and a trip to the door to pull in packages between.
CDorner Triceps 10 minutes
uses a band and pair of dumbbells 10# 1 minute each exercise which the whole thing is suggested can be done more than once. She says she is putting these on on weekends to get some that do not do weights to have something to get a start.
triceps kickbacks with palms rotating up 10# dbs
band 1 arm Triceps press downs
floor
close grip press little/big press 10# dbs
skull crusher with band around forearms and holding a 10# dumbbell (band for positioning)
band around forearms reverse plank hold option is to continue with skull crushers.
( I thought she said 7 moves no repeats, but I do not count 7, I count 6 if you count the 1 arm press downs as two.

Belinda, no plans for the weekend. We may go to dinner or something. There is a pet store in town we have talked about checking out. One that is a family run one, not like Petsmart etc.. It looked like they had aquariums and all kinds of fish and some puppies and kittens. My husband is always talking about getting another aquarium. When we moved back down here 7 years ago, we sold out huge one along with fish and everything. We used to have salt water and several freshwater aquariums. That is nice that you were able to spend some time with your daughter in her new condo and help out.

Hi,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. Talked to my niece, have't talked to her in a long time.

Today I did Fit Split Boxing/legs today plus a walk outside.

Diane - have fun at dinner today. DH and I will make FOK veggie burger. Have you checked out the new pet store? Did you end up buying an aquarium? We had one in town. It closed down. I assume because of covid.

That's it for me today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.