Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did CDorner Cardio Party workout again(a little longer because I did the warm up and start of another one) 52 minutes, 320 calories, heart rate 146/175, 5,155 steps. I followed it with CDorner Relaxing Full Body Stretch//flexibility & mobility which is a favorite and I love the music, 28 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 78/97. Total time was 80 minutes, 364 calories. It is pouring rain today. I hope that you enjoy your Memorial Day. Terrible pain in my right shoulder yesterday and up into my neck. It was hard to sleep last night. My shoulder down to the elbow, almost like it was back when I went to physical therapy. If that keeps up I may need another steroid injection. I looked and it is hard to believe it has been almost 2 years since all of that.

Belinda, we did not go to the pet store as they were closed on Sundays and my husband has to work tonight.. You could see all of their stuff in the window. We just went to eat and stopped to pick up light bulbs and more solar lights for our walk way. When we got started with aquariums before, we had a friend that had a pet store and we would hang out there a lot. My kids loved it and we ended up with 9 aquariums in our apartment, 2 of which were for feeder fish. The sea horses needed newly hatched brine shrimp and we kept either guppies or gold fish for those picky fish that needed live fish. The octopus was one of the most finicky creatures. We had fresh and saltwater aquariums. We got rid of our last show tank when we moved back to Oklahoma City. It has been a long time. The pet store owner had a parrot named Fred that the kids loved. He talked when people would come in.
Today I am making another recipe from Fix it With Food which is I think on the day 2 10 day restart called Quinoa and Egg Salad with chickpeas and asparagus. This was supposed to be lunch but I just had a protein smoothie bowl while the quinoa was cooking so it will be dinner. So far the recipes have been good in this book. The dinner day 2 was supposed to be sweet potato pancakes with collard greens and the Quinoa dish was supposed to be lunch, with an oatmeal with blueberries an walnuts for dinner. The only thing is, I am cutting the fats he uses way down. I do not think that much is necessary and it messes with my macro goals. Today's dish of Quinoa calls for 2 Tbs of oregano oil(he makes this by infusing with grapeseed oil and I will just use a couple of drops of my oregano oil with evo oil. Maybe the oils are supposed to help the RA, I am not sure. When I told my heart doctor I took fish oil he wanted to know what for. He let it go when I said for my joints. I guess he must not have thought is was good for the heart or something. I had the feeling he might have given me a lesson if I had said heart. My leaky heart valve and plaque go along with the RA from what the told me at the heart doctor's office and the pulmonologist. You know the frustration when we are trying to do everything right, I am sure I don't need to explain.

Today I did CDorner no equipment Hiit (today's workout) 40 minutes, heart rate 149/183, 253 calories, 1,016 steps. I kind of wondered about the steps that my watch showed. This workout is a group of moves repeated 3 times. I think maybe the steps were low as some of the moves were more stationary, like a knee raise to the side with an arm pull balance, and one of the moves was doing a bicycle type crunch, where some were a lot more active as jacks standing to jacks on the floor counting 1, then 2, then 3 each time or the option of just jacks which is what I did. No burpees :p It was okay, not fun music or anything. She did talk about this as I think she was answering someone's question about the know singing? It was interesting hearing her explain how she has to be careful of the music she chooses as sometimes the video will be blocked and not always in the US. Also she chooses and does things for free to keep from advertising getting money or something like that. I would have to go back and listen when I am not working out. I guess she was blocked on a recent workout in one segment because of the song she used.
I also did her newest Relaxing Mobility Routine for flexibility/stretch, 33 minutes, 42 calories, heart rate 74/95. This seemed to have the same soundtrack as the one I did yesterday and love, so I was happy with that. It had some different moves in it for the shoulders. My right shoulder and arm has been painful since Sunday. I ran out of Biofreeze yesterday. Anyway, these have helped a lot the last two days, although I could not move the right arm back as quickly or as much range of motion. Still it feels much better. Hoping I am up for something lower body tomorrow. She is doing a lower body workout, but I have to see if I have to pick up a lot of weights. I may end up doing barre or Kelly's lower body add on with the band.

Hi,

I did SBF 7 Day Advanced HIIT Jumpstart Workout Plan, Day 1 Barre HIIT Circuit = 39 min. Went for a walk outside.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

My doctor called about my cat scan. It shows that I have a sinus infection. He wants me to see the ENT. I ended up taking the z pack (antibiotics) still not feeling better. I think it's related to RP. I have a lot more problems on my left ear/sinus.

Diane - sorry the pet store was closed. Hopefully you and your husband can go during the week. Wow, on all the the aquarium creatures you guys had. I wouldn't know what to do with them, lol. When I grew up in Germany, one of my neighbors had parrots, turtles. She had an entire zoo in her house. As kids we used to love going over there house and play with her animals. She also had a Shepard, we used to go for long walks. That's probably why I love to walk. Your recipes sounds amazing. I am loving the FOK planner. The meals are healthy and quick. Well, DH chops all the onions. Great job on your workouts.

Good night.

Belinda, when the body has an immune problem I think everything else is messed up too. I do pray this clears up for you without another emergency room visit. Some of those aquarium creatures are quite expensive. It was always a learning experience and often some fish would be territorial and kill the others or eat them. The octopus liked to eat the feather dusters that cost us a lot. Those are those tubular looking things that look like a tall anemone and would pop inside of itself when threatened. We got pretty tired of it. When we quit getting the feather dusters the octopus decided to quit eating. It refused gold fish. We had birds years ago, but once my daughter tested as allergic to feathers we never purchased another bird, or we probably would have had a parrot. The problem was, she had peacock feathers in her room that she brought home from friends that had peacocks. Children love animals and it is a great learning experience.

I just pre-ordered the Boss Bands Total Body workout with the Boss bands and download. I already have fabric loop bands and will wait and see if I feel like I want the loop band workout.

Good morning,

Fit Split: Shred Cardio Push Day is done.

Diane - I agree about the immune problems being messed up. I just hate it. My doctor said I have blockage in both my sinus. The aquarium creatures and keeping it clean sound quite expensive. If you and your husband enjoy it. I do find aquarium fascinating. I think I mention it before I did preordered Cathe's new dvd/downloads plus bands. The sound amazing. I do have lots of bands too. Like everything Cathe puts out.

Happy Hump Day!

I just finished my Bible reading and prayer time and got my Whole zfoods order put away. I bought chickpea pasta. I hope it works okay with the pasta salad I am going to make from my book. The wheat pasta seems to upset my stomach if I consume much of it. I like that I can get groceries delivered early. It also saves me carting in so much when I go to Walmart.
I am going to try the lower body workout with dumbbells and bands CDorner did today. I think when Cathe gets some band workouts on live I may try that again. I wish I had more space to keep my fit tower set up like I did before.

Belinda, nice work this morning. Sinus blockage is so miserable. Praying it clears for you. Nice work with Fit Split this morning. I always liked the lower body work at the end of push and pull workouts.

Today I did CDorner 40 minute legs and butt burner 45 minutes, 120 calories, heart rate 95/134. I then did the Obliques workout with a mini band that she did afterward, 19 minutes, 42 calories, heart rate 84/104. Total time spent 54 minutes 162 calories. I was going to use the tread climber, but ended up messing with the computer in that room and gave up, as I had to change settings from my grandson's school. I will do cardio tomorrow before I make a Walmart trip. I got my main groceries delivered from Whole Foods this morning.
CDorner legs and butt burner
6 moves done as two rounds then another 6 moves done as two rounds
Round 1
heavy band above knees wall squat with 10# dumbbells and doing calf raises
Heavy Band still above knees 25# dumbbells toes elevated on small dumbbells deadlifts
Band still on squat tap out alternating holding a 20# dumbbell
20# dbs band above knees 3 pulse squats /deadlift
loop on bridge one foot extended out a bit
repeat same on other side
repeat round 1
Round 2
15# dumbbells static lunge halfway and all the way right
repeat on left
10# dumbbells balance right single squat/deadlift
repeat left (second round 15#)
20# dumbbell curtsy/passe slow right
repeat on left
repeat round 2
stretch

Good morning,

I went for a nice walk outside before it gets to humid to walk.

Diane - great job on all your workouts. I am getting a little tired with my sinus.

I will be back hopefully later.

I did CDorner 80's "Jump" pointer sisters workout, 288 calories, 52 minutes, 3,868 steps, heart rate 136/172. Fun workout and music! I wanted more steps so I did 17 minutes of Cardio Dance "Levitating"?? Dua Lipa skipping the warm up, heart rate 140/172, 1,327 steps, 102 calories. Total time was 390 calories, 69 minutes, 5,195 steps.

Belinda, I would imagine the meds and probably interrupted sleep from the sinus infection would leave you tired. Also I know you are tired of that sinus issue anyway. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Good morning,

I was going to do Cathe newest Live BC workout she posted yesterday, I didn't feel like jumping around much today. I went for a 2 mile walk and did Karen Voight Firm Arms & Abs. Haven't done that workout in years.Besides the dated music/clothes I had an amazing UB/ab workout. Not sure, what was up with Karen and the crew swinging around very light weights? I think they used 5's? I used much heavier weights, I used 10's. KV did about 12 preps each exercise. The exercises flowed very well. I did like the ab section. Instead of doing the exercises on the floor with a mat, she did them on an incline. I really felt my abs. I actually liked much more doing abs on the step instead on the floor. I have to remember doing it with Cathe's workouts. My back kills me doing them on the floor.

Today my husband is officially retired.My husband is planning on buying another RV so we can travel again. Flying right now is out of the question.

Diane - coughing all night long doesn't help my sleep either. I have an ENT appointment next week. I have a like 3 appointments lined up for next week. Thank you!

BBL

oday I did the beginning of CDorner #172 full body cardio which was warm up and all of the cardio moves that would be used, then changed my mind when she started with squat press, 11 minutes, heart rate 112/151, 43 calories, 687 steps. I then did today's Full Body Strength workout she called Tone and Tan on her website. This was 53 minutes, heart rate 103/138, 136 calories, 517 steps. I experimented with the sets etc using strength training. It worked pretty well and counted reps close to what I counted I messed up pushing the buttons a few times so it gave me 22 sets instead of what I counted as 27. I pushed wrong and some of it measured as rests. Anyway, it always shows the full time and calorie burn etc..
I finished with CDorner Deep stretch 22 minutes, 32 calories, 32 steps, heart rate 78/98. Total time was 86 minutes, 211 calories, 1,236 steps.
Full Body Strength was 53 minutes using dumbbells and bands 3 rounds of 5 moves then 2 rounds of another group of 5 moves ending with a bonus of extra abs moves
round 1-3
move 1 heavy band (fabric purple) above knees 20# dbs squat(she changes the moves slightly each rnd and uses 25#) pulses first round slow squat 2nd rnd half squats 3rd
move 2 dead row 20# dbs wearing band
move 3 reverse lunge 20# dbs 3rd round option of kneeling on floor and back up into lunge 15# dbs
move 4 mini latex type loop band W pulls in boat pose rnd 2 knee pulls W pulls rnd 3 W pulls knee twist
move 5 squat/hammer curl 15# dbs me rnd 2 squat to lateral lunge hammer and rnd 3 side step squat hammer
rnd 4-5
move 1 plie squat /lateral raise ( I used 8# dbs)
move 2 soft band/skullcrusher 10# dbs leg raises
move 3 no weight double leg raise/crunch
move 4 bicycle crunch head elevated
move 5 side plank (I just did the leg raise crunch again)
Bonus
1 dumbbell 10# sit up twist
no weight abs move

Belinda, I usually do abs on the puzzle mats with a mat on top of that when I am on the floor. I am having second thoughts about sitting so long at the heart hospital. Thinking about the long wait and probably having to wear a mask in there, seems miserable. I almost would rather have to go back for my results. I don't know why they can't just run the heart CT and call and tell whether the lung nodule is the same or has changed. I go in to see the doctor and they get paid to tell me it is the same and that seems like a waste of my time and money. Just saying. This will be my third one and I think I have one more in 9 months and then they give me the all clear, that it is not changing. I suppose that is how they get the insurance to pay. Glad I don't have to go back after a mammogram.
I have done pretty well lately with the allergies and coughing. Not sure why things are not as bad as they were. Generally I cough so hard I cannot sleep and it tenses my neck and makes it hurt.

Hi,

DH and I went for a long walk early this morning. Then we went to the farmers market to pick up our CSA. I decided to start doing another CSA, we eat a ton of vegetables. The only thing I hate is I have to clean everything. Forgot when you buy certified organic, it means you get some bugs/worms with it, lol. I am l cleaning everything very good before I put it in my refrigerator.

After the farmers market we went to the grocery store to pick up peaches, bananas and onions ( I didn't know I got 2 giant onions with my CSA).

We witness a hit a run with a motorcycle. DH and I drove behind the motorcycle all the sudden the motorcycle was on the ground. My DH said, he just got hit by the truck. I didn't see the guy from the motorcycle move, I told my husband to call 911 while I got out of our car and check on him. I was surprised a lot of cars stopped and wanted to help. We live in a small town, the police/ambulance can in less than 5 min. The hospital is just a block away. The truck that hit the motorcycle took off. DH and I were worried about the guy with the motorcycle. My husband tried to catch the truck with no luck. How on earth can anyone hit a person and run? What if the guy would have died. Luckily the guy was talking, he hit his head really bad. Two nurses also stopped and helped. The police took DH statement. I hope they catch the guy with the truck. What a day!!

Diane - I usually do my abs on puzzle mats with a yoga mat too. It still kills my back. I hope you don't have to wait so long for your CT scan for your heart. Looks like you are almost done with your appointment lung nodule. Will keep you in my prayers for good results. I don't know how all this workouts with the insurance? I am sure why want to make sure you are ok. I'm glad your allergies are not that bad this year. My DD allergies are very bad this year.

BBL

Today I did CDorner #118 for 17 minutes, 86 calories, 1,824 steps heart rate 126/155. I like that one, but changed my mind and hunted for something else that I have not done. I then did CDorner #40, 58 minutes, heart rate 128/172, 245 calories, 4,961 steps. This was just so so, It said" great" music and it sounded like all latin type music. I did not recognize the songs. Total time was 75 minutes, 331 calories, 6,785 steps.

Belinda, I buy a lot of organic and even when trying to be careful a couple of times I found a worm in my kale. It is a lot of work having to clean all of those vegetables and fruits. I have been purchasing a lot of it myself for these new recipes. It is kind of time consuming. I keep wondering what is different that my allergies are not crazy right now. I am hoping it stays that way. It is sad that someone would drive off from hitting someone. My husband had a truck with bars in the back of a trailer he was pulling suddenly stop with no tail lights and they were on the freeway. He had no recourse but to go over the side and let the motorcycle go. The guy just kept going. He had a lot of skin torn off from the slide off the pavement and his helmet had grooves in the face shield. It didn't stop him from getting more motorcycles. I do hope they catch that driver. My husband always says when you ride a motorcycle you have to make sure you can see the driver in his rearview mirror, or he cannot see you. It is my neck that I have the pain in when lying on the floor on my back. Depending on the workout I sometimes roll a towel up or put a small pillow under my neck. Thanks for the prayers. That is Wednesday.

Hi,

I have an early eye appointment on Monday. This week have a few appointments early in the morning scheduled. I will try to squeeze my workouts in when I can due to traffic.

Today I did KV Lean Legs & Buns. Although I haven't done KV's workouts in years, they still very good workouts, IMO! I guess, I will hold on to those workouts.

Diane - I agree, cleaning all the vegetables and fruits is a lot of work. I am so sorry when your husband needed help no-one stopped and see if he was ok. What is wrong with people? I will be thinking about you Wednesday. I also have a ENT appointment Wednesday.

DH and I will do something later, but first we having lunch at home, making sure I have something healthy and delicious to eat. The place we are going they don't have WFPB
\Have a great Sunday and enjoy the weather, everyone.

Have a great Sunday and enjoy the weather, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, I will be thinking of you Wednesday too. Tuesday morning I am going to ladies game day, which I have missed with the move and school the last 3 months. I will have to leave plenty early to be there at 9, and looking forward to it. Then Wednesday a bit further away for the appointments. A week from tomorrow I go for a dentist appointment. I think it has been a year and a half since I have been!
July is arthritis appointment. Nice work on Karen Voight.
I really do not like cleaning vegetables, but those prepackaged already cleaned do not taste as good, plus I wash them anyway. My husband and I went and looked around at the pet store. I think we may go back and pickup the 58 gallon aquarium that was a really good price. They are not open today. Have fun.

Belinda, I hope your early appointments go well today.

Today I did C Dorner Aerobics by the Pool, 42 minutes, heart rate 147/177, 4,421 steps, 261 calories. This was basic-intermediate step, fast. It was kind of fun and easy to follow moves. She used hip hop type music and had two other women workout with her. I think she was half way through till she took off her sunglasses. I then started a few minutes of an older dance workout and decided I did not want to do it, so kept going with her No Equipment 18 minute core workout, 72 calories, and finished with mobility relaxing for flexibility last routine, heart rate 72/91, 41 calories, 32 minutes. Core and mobility and that bit of dance was 780 steps. I didn't stop to check between workouts. Total time was 1 hour 40 minutes, 374 calories, 5,201 steps. Chris almost always has plank work in her core and abs workouts. Today I thought, yeah she is starting standing, and it started with balancing , but then did walk outs on the hands and back up. There were some plank moves, but I did them on my forearms. My right shoulder hurts and keeps feeling like something catches at a certain point so during mobility I had to limit some of the range of my arm going back.

Hi,

Today I saw an ophthalmologist. A few weeks ago when I stayed with DD her puppy ate my reading classes. My DD made an appointment with the Optician at her old apartment. When I went to Costco a to get my reading glasses/regular glasses, I was told they couldn't help me they don't make glasses in that prescription. They said I have to go to specialty eye places. I mean it was a big jump in my eye with the new prescription. Just to make sure it wasn't related to RP, I saw a specialist today. Turns out the opticiosn gave me a wrong prescription. Turns out my eyes haven't changed since the last time I saw ophthalmologist 4 years ago. YEAH! He ran all kinds of tests behind my eyes/images you name it. He dilate my eyes still seeing blurry. I am so happy for the good news. Not to mention I have to go out and spent lots $$$ on expensive glasses. At one point I think I will get lasik eye surgery. I need to find the best lasik surgery in the country. I also don't have to get reading glasses made, I can buy them in Wal Mart or Costco.

Diane - have fun at the ladies game day tomorrow. That's long time you have seen the dentist. I see my dentist and ortho regularly. I hear you on the cleaning veggies, I need to get used to it to cleaning them. It's all good. I still have an appointment scheduled tomorrow and Wednesday. Next week I have one with my Ortho. I need to schedule an appointment with my Rheumatologist. I am looking forward to getting a break from appointments. My appointment was very far, I think it took us 1:45 min one way. Than I had to pick up the report from the CT scan and disc. Now I know why I don't go to those places. Too much running around.

I will do SBF new rotations once I can see clear. BBL!

Belinda, that is too bad you have to go so far for appointments. I guess I am getting that way. The game day will be fun, but I am not looking forward to the other appointments. I am glad your eyes are okay. I am using the opthamologist that my daughter in law uses for her field vision tests. He is more thorough than the arthritis center and he did the eyelid surgery with the field vision for me. He is good. He does most surgeries in his own facility, but also has several of the big hospitals he is linked to. They dilate my eyes both times I go there each year. I don't know why I got some papers this year showing not all was paid by medicare and insurance. I am hoping some more papers comes back showing it was fixed. I have not had to pay out of pocket for it before. I had laser eye surgery about 15 years ago. It was a two procedure process. My eyesight was terrible and they always had to send away for glasses as their machines in eye places did not go that far. My vision was perfect till recently and about 3 years ago the eye doctor suggested readers. The one I have now says a low magnification reader for driving and a bit stronger for reading. So, it is not hard to find glasses. I liked how close most of my doctors and everything was to me before the move. It takes me half an hour to drive to church. I don't want to change these places. My ladies group is sort of spread out, but the main ones that have get togethers were really close to the other house. One is not far from here though. Actually, two as another joined our group and she was really close, but I did not go because of school.

Good morning,

DH and I went for an hour walk this morning. It was so humid outside, glad we went early. I will do a bounce workout once I cool off a little.

Diane - I wanted to see ophthalmologist on base. I always have a choice to use a civilian doctor in our area. Most doctors are not aware what RP is or how to threat it. The ophthalmologist knew exactly what RP is and what it could affect and he explained what to look out for in the future. He was such a nice doctor. He knew exactly what look for since I have RP. I prefer to stay in the military system especially since I have RP. You never know what could happened with RP or what part of my body it will attack. I see the ophthalmologist for my eye yearly too since my eye site is so bad. All my doctors can see on the computer what is going on with my health. They are all very good doctors. I will check into Readers.

BBL

Reactions: WD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.