Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I guess I didn't realize I hadn't posted here! This morning I did Heather Robertson Total Body strength workout. Great pace, simple solid weight workout - one cardio circuit I could have passed on. Then I hopped on the TM to walk and try to catch up on work emails. I really feel like that is all my job is these days - emails!

Reactions: WD
Hi,

Today I did CL# 334 Candy Hearts Circuit. Very fun workout. I also did SBF Barre Amped Bounce TB.

Diane - I stopped taking hydroxychloraquine a long time ago. My stomach couldn't handle it. That is why I had to take the gel shots in my knees. I still use the cream for my knees, no medications.Everything they gave me I was in severe stomach pain. My stomach is very sensitive. I had to take a lot of immune suppressant meds for RP. I have 2 auto immune diseases. My Rheumalogist doesn't want me to take any supplements with the meds for RP.

Great job on your workouts. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live 101 Step and Pump Cardio and Blast only, 33 minutes, 169 calories, heart rate 122/165, 3,199 steps. I then starte the Sculpting RX premix cardio and floor, but stopped after 9 minutes when Kelly was ready to go to the floor, moved on to Raw Body Training (33 minutes) which brings me to a total of 42 minutes, 108 calories, heart rate 87/116, 1,827 steps. This was much harder than I expected. I liked the standing portion which was active and targeted lower body, but when I got to the floor which was the last about 13 minutes it was rough. I wore my weighted 4 # vest for the lower(which was a suggested option) and took it off for floor. I did not even get through all of the floor as Kelly did as it was too much on my shoulders. The flip around crunch move was hard to get. I think I could. There was plank/down dog/shoulder push ups; inch worm push ups; close triceps push ups as some of the moves. I stood up and did some triceps kickbacks with light weights. The front of my shoulder is sore now.
Total time was 72 minutes, 277 calories, 5,026 steps.

Doreen, good idea to check emails while getting in some treadmill walking. I sometimes miss having a treadmill. Nice work today.

Belinda, I can see why they would not want you to take supplements at all. I read supplements and side effects along with interactions all of the time as many supplements should be monitored. I write in any that are new when I go to my arthrits doctor, but often wonder if they look at all. The assistant usually talks to me about all of that. Some things bother my stomach and I have to switch or space separate from other things. I have the ones that are with food set for lunch and others on empty stomach mornings. They always tell me to take food with the hydroxychloraquine because it does not make me feel well when I take it. Hence I wait till I have eaten all day and take it with a snack before bed. So far I have not had to take one of the immunosuppressant strong meds. They did offer something else, but when I asked questions and they said I would need to come in and have liver checked and kidneys I told them I would stay with what I have. My daughter was talking about the biologics like Humira and Remicade working well for a lot of people and could slow progression of RA. Her father in law has been on the Remicade and it has helped. I have seen him in so much pain that he was literally pouring sweat. I felt so sorry for him. I hope that what you are taking is working for you as most of them have some rough side effects.

Good morning,

Today I did 30 min yoga. I also did SBF D37 Arms + BA Mat work. Than I did CDornerFitness 45 min step workout. She had amazing music and energy. Love it. Can't wait to try another one of her workouts.

My DD is getting certified in yoga. I am super excited for DD. Can't wait to do yoga classes with her.

Diane - my doctors monitor everything I take even herbs. Even with food my stomach gets upset. I get blood test every 3 month. It is what it is. I don't want to go back where I was a few month ago. I know the meds have horrible side effects. I did 3 rounds of cortisone plus all kinds different medications for RP. The meds I am taking right know knock on wood is working. I hope it stays that way. Great job as usually!

Have a wonderful day and workout.

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk On: 4 Mile Power Walk, 81 minutes(75 actual as I had lots of text messages and to go downstairs and get math pages) 355 calories, heart rate 117/162, 7,306 steps, 3.37 miles. The children's Dad is going to try doing school work with them as the roads are terrible.

Belinda, I understand where you are coming from. You were so miserable when they found it was RP and had already been through so many meds and antibiotics. They have lists of my herbs as well. I had them take off a couple of things the last time. They asked why I wasn't using them and I told them they did not seem to be doing anything for me so why waste the money and time using them. You have a lot more going on than I do. I get blood work done at the doctor and the Arthritis center. My doctor was a little hesitant when she gave me a steroid because I was so miserable with my allergies and had already had the steroid injection in my shoulder. I am glad the meds are working for you right now. That is a positive. Advil upsets my stomach. I sometimes dread taking it. It is sacrificing one thing for another. Bad for the heart as well and can cause stroke.

Good morning,

Clean # 273 Metabolic Mist Mosh is done.

Diane - are you getting the vaccine anytime soon? The meds I am taking are not good for my body. Next time I see my doc I will take about maybe changing my meds. Great job yesterday.

Happy Hump Day, everyone. BBL

This morning I did CDorner #89 Intermediate Step, 47 minutes( I think it is a little less I had so many interruptions) 200 calories, heart rate 108/139, 4,658 steps. I also started another she had that was basic step as I wanted to see how high my heart rate would go with Fitbit as she was saying something like 134 to 138 range. I only got 4 minutes in and had to deal with my husbands phone some more. I just finally gave up, but that one was 4 minutes, 18 calories, 102/129, 340 steps. I liked that the workout was no high impact stuff. Just a fun step workout with some turns and stuff. She instructs well, and even when she messed up once in awhile I pretty much had the pattern down.
That makes the total 51 minutes, 218 calories, 4,998 steps. The CDorner workout was fun and I really liked the music. The other one she I started was supposed to be 80's music.
I just shoveled the walkway again. I guess my husband had to shovel the turn into the neighborhood as the snow was mounded up blocking entrance at 5 am this morning. Then he had to shovel to get into the driveway. I am at a loss as to where to put what is sandwiched between the two houses. We have a walk all the way down from front to back of the house. I keep trying to drag it out to the back which is a load of work.

Belinda, I am not getting the vaccine. My daughter says I don't need it since I had the covid virus. I am really not wanting to get it. I think people with health issues should probably get it as opposed to the consequences that could happen. I am kind of afraid of it. I am surprised one of your doctors have not mentioned it to you. I hope they can find the right meds to help you without bad stuff.
I was reading some stuff last night about my arthritis and artery problems and heart issues and I really need to buckle down and figure out how to eat an anti-inflammatory diet. I think my diet is mostly that though and I am really monitoring fats. My sodium levels is usually low. I need to raise potassium though. Also I kept reading that people with autoimmune disease should not take melatonin and studies show in Rheumatoid arthritis that it can actually make inflammation worse and help RA to progress further. I had been taking a low dose for awhile as my daughter said that helps with not getting Covid. It helps a lot of other things though. Sleep has been awful lately. Allergies are terrible with all of the heat running and dry air.
I hope they can find meds that work for you without all of the bad stuff.

Good morning,

CDornerFitness 60 MInutes Step Aerobics Workout [Advanced Step Aerobics] DISCO PARTY #88 is done. Very fun step workout and great music.

Diane - I read on the CDC site even if you had the virus they recommend you get vaccinated to prevent getting the virus again. My doc did mention the vaccine to me, but it hasn't been studied on people with autoimmune diseases. I been reading a lot about the vaccine these day's. More than I want to know. You mention them changing the DNA.

This is what I found:
mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.

Isn't melatonin for sleeping? Did your daughter get the vaccine?

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Today I checked Cathe's new live workout and will maybe do it tomorrow as I could use some lower and abs. It was not up yet. I did CDonner #77 Int/Adv fast workout. 69 minutes (64 actual as I was fighting with fitbit to get it above 98 heart rate) 106/139(139 was a short blip o the graph), 6,361 steps.

Belinda, melatonin is a hormone I believe. It affects different things and can lower blood pressure. But, I think most people use if for sleeping. Or those that do not get outside much and are low on the body producing it. I read when Gertie had what the vet thought my be canine seasonal alopecia, many people gave their dogs melatonin and it helped stop it. Fortunately after that year she did not have a problem again. I just kept making her stay outside longer than the couple of minutes that she wanted to just to help her get some sunshine. I never tried giving her melatonin though to see. I was worried when her shiny black coat fell out and she seemed miserable, my heart ached for her.
Yes, daughter that is a dermatologist and her husband both got the vaccine. She is not worried about it. I discussed it with her and she said once the job is done the mRNA shuts down. Still my trust is not fully there. I pray it is okay, because if there is consequences it could hurt a lot of people. But, it is my understanding covid cases are dropping. It was my understanding that they do not know if one can get covid again or how long the vaccine will keep it away. There are too many questionable things attached to it.
CDorner has a fun attitude and I do like the music in her workouts. I will be trying more of them. I am going to look and see if she has some that are on Fire TV.

Diane - the new CL workout looks fantastic. I wanted to do that one this morning. I decided not too. I already worked my lower body yesterday. That's what I thought your DD is a doctor. My husband got the shot last week, no side effects. I saw a 45 min interview with Bill Gates on the concerns you mention. The interview is in German/English. Bill Gates answered all the questions in English while the moderator questions were in German. Even though you don't speak or understand what's being ask in the interview get an idea on what the moderator ask him. She ask all those questions you and others are concerned about, he answered them. Doesn't sound like to me there is a conspiracy. When I talked to my doctor the other day, he honestly didn't know either if you get covid again after the shot or what side effects. They don't know. It's new to them as it's for all of us. I been reading a lot on the German (CDC) or other health institutes on Covid. I am nerves to get the shot with my autoimmune diseases. If you want I can sent you the site to the interview. I love Chris (CDorner) workouts and music. Her step workouts are my favorite step workouts so far. Which done did you do today? Great job!

Hi,

45 min walk is done. It was in the 30's, little chilly. Felt great to be outside. I also did 30 min yoga. I also did those exercises I am suppose to do 3 times a week. I am done.

I will try to be back later for personals. If not, I will catch up tomorrow.

TGIF!!

Good morning,

SBF D41 TB Fusion plus yoga is done.

Gotta run. Getting ready to donate more stuff to the homeless shelter. BBL!

GHUTV - Total Body Conditioning with Medicine Ball and Dumbells this morning. I'm really liking a lot of these GHUTV workouts. And they are adding 2x per week to the live classes now. I think I'll be bummed when my year is up but it looks like renewing is way more than the $20 I paid for this year. I'll have to be watching for a renewal deal!

This morning I did CDorner fitness Bosu workout. This was only 25 minutes and Fitbit did not work well at all. It says I got 5 zone minutes and most of the time I looked at it my heart rate was 85-90. The thing my clothes were sweaty and I was breathing hard through a lot of it. Fitbit says 90/116 heart rate, 1,295 steps. This one was 11 timed exercises and then repeated. Some of the moves were squat thrust come up with bosu overhead, jacks with butt kicker, balance seated on bosu knees in, step up right hop lunge back down repeat other side, elbows on bosu knees bent and held above floor step forward and back, knee pulls one foot on bosu, anyway just a few from memory. It was a good workout. I have house showings again this afternoon so will have to leave again. Yesterday I sat in Sprouts parking lot because the parks road way and lots were not cleared of snow yet. It looks pretty good outside this morning and is finally melting off. Yesterday I was still outside before viewers came chipping blocks of ice to lift off the walk way. I see Fit bit set it as exercise again.
Yesterday I did CDorner 20 minute mobility workout. I have been so sore and stiff from all of the ice chipping and snow shoveling.

Diane

Good morning,

SBF D43 TB Fusion Barre plus Foldover Target is done. I also started Pahla B Fitness of her Weight loss program.

I came across her Fitness Weight Loss program on anther fitness site. I read through it and downloaded her FREE ...The 5-0 Method: WEIGHT LOSS for Women over 50. It all makes a lot of sense when I read through it this weekend. The more I workout with vigorous workouts the harder it is for me to lose weight. I have a few more pounds to lose and hope this will move the scale in the right direction. I am going to keep my workouts moderate. If it doesn't work, I gave my joints a well deserve break , LOL!
!
Here is the FREE Weight Loss program.https://pahlabfitness.com/weight-loss-over-50/

I have an appointment. BBL with personals

Today I did one of the workouts that Kelly just put up. Raw Hi Low: Step, 40 minutes (38:43) 171 calories, 3,766 steps, heart rate 109/151. This was fun and no boxing. It does the hi/lo first and then the step uses the same move and is on and off the step bench so easy to just switch out if one does not want to do step. I wanted to do the new weight workout, but think another day or two of rest for neck and shoulders from all of the shoveling and stuff. I also did CDorner # 118 abs on the Bosu, 19 minutes, 29 calories, 88/101 heart rate , 163 steps. Total today was 59 minutes, 200 calories, 3,929 step. My grandson and I ran to Sprouts to pick up a few groceries. I keep trying to get another from Whole Foods, but all delivery spots are taken and on my order many things keep showing up unavailable.

Belinda, I hope the diet program works for you. I saw a link for a program that you could set your own plan and it would calculate desired macros and goals for you. It looked good. I am not sure where I saved it though. Somewhere where there was recipes and stuff.

Diane, the program is not a diet program. She wants you to use 5 different calories calculators and : 5 to get your average calorie you suppose to eat. I gave it a shot yesterday, each calculator gave me a different # on how much I am suppose to eat. You are not restricted to a diet except eat all your calories. You can eat whatever you want as long as you eat all your calories. She recommends moderate workouts if you want to lose weight. It's all explained in the links. Great job today.

Here is a link to the program I mentioned. It is really any diet, but it geared for meal prep for a week. It has a calculator for macros that is rather interesting. You pay for premium, whatever that entails. I was just looking at the recipes and the way they made them up and stored them ahead. Here is the link Meal Prep on Fleek™ - Meal Prep Ideas for Busy People It says for busy people, but I am lucky at this point to have time to cook even on the weekends with all of the having to leave the house or other activities. If the food was already made it would be nice. Maybe someday when things settle.

Belinda, I never think a restricted diet program is a good idea. It sets people up for failure later on. I just want to have meals that help keep me on track for healthy macros. I hardly worry about calories. My failure generally is too much fat. Although I am eating half what I was following a more paleo/keto plan. I have altered for heart as well as arthritis and have a tendency to cheat with odds and ends of junk that is here for grandchildren and husband. Like Ritz crackers! My husband likes them with cheddar spread. I just grab them plain. I think I miss the crunchy food, as a lot of what I eat is not satisfying in that .

Has either of you done CDoner weight workouts?

Good morning,

SBF D44 Waist + Legs Mat = 15 min plus Quick Abs w/ball is done. I also walked this morning.

Diane - thanks for the link. I will check it out. I am keeping my workouts moderate and focus on eating all my calories I am suppose to eat each day. I am still measuring my food with the containers plus I enter all my food into MFP too make sure I am hitting all my food. The 21 Day Fit containers have a lower cal count than MFP? Like I said earlier, I used 5 different calorie calculators each gave me a different #. I am trying to hit all my Marcos each day. I don't know if all the medications play a roll for my body too hold on to the last few pounds? Maybe? I am killing it with workouts and not seeing any results. Maybe my body is so used to my almost 2 hours workouts? Maybe I do need to back off a little? It all makes sense what Pahla
is saying about middle age woman's. I am not in my 20's anymore, lol.
If you have time listen to this video
and this one
Not saying I will stop doing Cathe's workouts forever or others. Just taking a break and recharge. I been working out almost 1.5-2 hours daily. I do need to change the way I think. Plus, it will be good for my knees too to take a break from all the intensity workouts I been doing. Really never gave my knees a break to recover. My knees are killing me lately. I will give it a try for 31 day and see what happens? At least I am not stressing on working out more and enjoy moving. I really need to pay attention on my food and actually eat all of them.

I hope you soon get a break. BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.